Solo2 VU Solo 2 SE - Won't Boot - Blinking Blue Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

FruityLoop23

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys,

Debut poster here, would appreciate any help.

Have been using a VU Solo 2 SE since February of this year but for the past few days have been experiencing a problem.

I was watching TV when it just powered itself off and then back on. This happened a number of times. When it comes back on, the remote is not as responsive as it was and if I try to do something like update the EPG, it will power itself off again.

Going to bed last night, I powered it off completely and unplugged it. Then when I tried to power it on this morning, it wouldn't start up at all.

It seems to attempt to start but then goes into a cycle where the blue light on the front is blinking and there is a low, almost clicking noise, then it starts the cycle again. But it will not display anything on the TV.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before or if these are common symptoms of any issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

nunigaia

Hi guys,

Debut poster here, would appreciate any help.

Have been using a VU Solo 2 SE since February of this year but for the past few days have been experiencing a problem.

I was watching TV when it just powered itself off and then back on. This happened a number of times. When it comes back on, the remote is not as responsive as it was and if I try to do something like update the EPG, it will power itself off again.

Going to bed last night, I powered it off completely and unplugged it. Then when I tried to power it on this morning, it wouldn't start up at all.

It seems to attempt to start but then goes into a cycle where the blue light on the front is blinking and there is a low, almost clicking noise, then it starts the cycle again. But it will not display anything on the TV.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before or if these are common symptoms of any issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can you please post some photos of your STB.

• Upper cover
  • Back photo
  • Front photo
And the image used on your STB.

best regards
nunigaia

FruityLoop23

Vu+ Newbie
To despite "typos" i've asked user for photos.

best regards
nunigaia

It seems someone has taken advantage of me then? In any case, the 'clone' box that I have has been performing quite well up to now. I've attached the images.

I went home from work for lunch to take these pics, but I just tried a different power source just in case and it is now back working correctly. Why would the power source be only able to power it to that boot point but not fully boot it?

Also, would it be possible for someone to explain the difference between the clone and the original. I bought a DM800SE from the same source in October 2011, which I presume is also a clone, but is still working correctly now.

Is it functionality of the box or the purely the quality of the build, parts used etc?

Thanks for taking the time to reply in any case.

IMAG0203.jpg IMAG0204.jpg

nunigaia

It seems someone has taken advantage of me then? In any case, the 'clone' box that I have has been performing quite well up to now. I've attached the images.

I went home from work for lunch to take these pics, but I just tried a different power source just in case and it is now back working correctly. Why would the power source be only able to power it to that boot point but not fully boot it?

Also, would it be possible for someone to explain the difference between the clone and the original. I bought a DM800SE from the same source in October 2011, which I presume is also a clone, but is still working correctly now.

Is it functionality of the box or the purely the quality of the build, parts used etc?

Thanks for taking the time to reply in any case.

View attachment 28458 View attachment 28459

Can you please, provide us a photo of the stick on the upper case cover, that we can see on your provided right photo.

And tell us ... wich image have you ... in your STB during the time you have no issues.

best regards
nunigaia

FruityLoop23

Vu+ Newbie
I've had a look at the 'How to detect Solo 2 Clone' thread and it seems that mine is the clone, indeed. Hmmm.

That sticker has a URL on it for downloading images. I don't know it off the top of my head, but can check after work.

There's a Black Hole image on it, it came on it. 2.1. something, blue GUI loading screen. Possible 2.1.5 or 2.1.3, apologies, not sure. Again, can check after work this evening.

DOUGALMCD

Vu+ Newbie
When you have a genuine box you don't have worry about updating to newest images etc. The parts inside are of better quality and will last longer than those of a clone which usually develop psu problems etc. Also if you buy from a trusted seller you usually get a 2 year guarantee as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.