What are the main differences among the BlackHole, Vix, vTi and Openli?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I am confused by these softwares which can be used in the VU+ receivers. Would anyone give some kind of outline of these popular softwares such BlackHole, Vix, VTi and OpenLi? If possible, please include stability, picture quality, functionality and userfriendly?

I knew this forum is mainly for blackHole community. I just want to get some help from the experts in this community.

Ev0

Admin
I am confused by these softwares which can be used in the VU+ receivers. Would anyone give some kind of outline of these popular softwares such BlackHole, Vix, VTi and OpenLi? If possible, please include stability, picture quality, functionality and userfriendly?

I knew this forum is mainly for blackHole community. I just want to get some help from the experts in this community.

BlackHole and VTi both based on offical Vu+ coding.

Vix, Openpli, and all other images for vu+ box's are all based on Openpli coding.

All images have different tweaks, extra's, layouts to make them all different from each other.

Picture quality and stability should be pretty much the same from all of them.

Functionality and userfriendly is a user preference, and whichever makes you feel more comfortable.

As this is the BlackHole forum, we are kind of biassed as to which we think is the best image ;)

Best bet, try them all and decide for yourself.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thank Ev0
You have made very clear outline about those software packages. It is important and very helpful for a new comer to this community. I will try the BlackHole when the receiver arrived.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Did you choose ??
Hi, @NikolasP If you ask me whether I made the selection. Yes, I installed the BH. The BH is a nice image and it is good enough for me. Although I have not tried other images, I have used several images for my old receivers. Comparing to them, BH is good enough for me. Thanks.

NikolasP

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, @NikolasP If you ask me whether I made the selection. Yes, I installed the BH. The BH is a nice image and it is good enough for me. Although I have not tried other images, I have used several images for my old receivers. Comparing to them, BH is good enough for me. Thanks.

Thanks mysat-bs , today i also went back for a while to the original image of vu+ and after 10mins i changed back to BH , i am not sure if i will try other simply because i believe that BH is the most complete image and all others just try to copy a bit from BH.....Anyway with BH you can do everything....

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks @NikolasP for your reply. After a few month's playing of the BH image, I feel it is powerful and is able to do many things. I did not try other image for VU+ box, but comparing to other linux like images which are for my old receivers, the Bh image is stable and having a large community supportings. Also the EPG is very stable, which is my headach with a few other images. Currently, I am playing the streams, of course, there are some understandable issues which I do not think it is caused by the BH image. I am happy for the BH image.

bogdanm

My question >>Why BH not allowed to be installed with other imge like oprnPLi or openSPA ..

thanks
Whot no aloved ? If you have BH in flash he gived possibility install alot image in meoboot .
Maybe this whot write no but im never see image like oprnPLi .

albalaji

Vu+ Newbie
Whot no aloved ? If you have BH in flash he gived possibility install alot image in meoboot .
Maybe this whot write no but im never see image like oprnPLi .

when i install BH .. then i try to install OPENPLI image it's hang and not work !!