any information regarding dual tuner for vu+uno

niglou

BH Lover
Got mine today (105 € all included also from germany) : works perfectly; 5 minutes to mount it and make new setup for 2nd tuner.

Makes a good bargain for those who have already a receiver.

humaxboy

Vu+ Newbie
Got mine today (105 € all included also from germany) : works perfectly; 5 minutes to mount it and make new setup for 2nd tuner.

Makes a good bargain for those who have already a receiver.

@niglou - can you confirm chris flynn, post: 74074 about tuner beeing better than a standard one regarding the ?

niglou

BH Lover
I use 3 sats (HB 13E; Astra 19.2, AB3 5W). The signal quality was about 2% better with new tuner on 6 test channels (2 on each sat : 1 HD, 1 SD).
The picture quality is about the same than with single tuner, which was already pretty good.

If you have a particular channel you wish I test on one of the 3 sats I can receive, just tell me, and I will give you the result.

Nota:- my dish, LNBs and cables are of very good quality; the dish has been pointed by a professional, and I have never experienced any trouble to receive any channel.
- I do not scan with the vuplus, but I use dreamset with latest internet frequencies.

humaxboy

Vu+ Newbie
I use 3 sats (HB 13E; Astra 19.2, AB3 5W). The signal quality was about 2% better with new tuner on 6 test channels (2 on each sat : 1 HD, 1 SD).
The picture quality is about the same than with single tuner, which was already pretty good.

If you have a particular channel you wish I test on one of the 3 sats I can receive, just tell me, and I will give you the result.

Nota:- my dish, LNBs and cables are of very good quality; the dish has been pointed by a professional, and I have never experienced any trouble to receive any channel.
- I do not scan with the vuplus, but I use dreamset with latest internet frequencies.

Ok you can test the following frequencies, only 5W, on 19,2 E and 13 E there are strong signals.

11059 H DVB-S/MPEG-2 23700 3/4 - Algérie 3
11472 H DVB-S/MPEG-2 2100 5/6 - Z1
11591 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 20000 2/3 - France 2

Can you post some pictures of SNR values for both tuners ?
Thanks in advance.

Humaxboy

KFL

Vu+ User
Could somebody explain different values of AGC by Dual tuner?
UNO+Single/Dual Tuner+BH179
Cables,LNBs, DISEqC, dish - no change.

Single=tunerB=cableB
tunerA=cableA

SNR/AGC
Code:
Astra 23,5        Single TunerB TunerA
Markiza HD  12109  76/78  76/46  76/46
Nova HD     11797  76/79  76/46  77/49
TV JOJ      11836  71/79  71/46  72/49
Prima LOVE  12070  72/78  72/46  72/46

niglou

BH Lover
AGC is "automatic gain control". It modulates the signal to get best quality.
I think the value is lower in dual tuner because it is more sensitive and therefore the gain needed is lower than with the mono tuner.

But keep in mind a receiver is not a measure device.... then the figures given are only there to give an indication.

I will make some tests as soon I have time.

Ray Toal

Vu+ Newbie
Vu+ Uno / Ultimo DVB-S/S2 Plug and Play Twin Tuner Module

Now available in UK at:
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Code:
http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/Digital-Receivers-VU /c46_84/p591/VU -UNO-/-ULTIMO-DVB-S/S2-Plug-and-Play-Twin-Tuner-Module/product_info.html
I'm using UNO with internal 500GB HDD and Polar Mount with single LBN.

Could the second tuner on this module be *looped thru" from the first - so allowing recording of one channel while simultaneously watching the other channels from the same satellite thru the single LNB?

I previously had a Kathrein UFS922 with twin S/S2 tuner which had this capability using original firmware.[/code][/code][/SIZE]

niglou

BH Lover
It will work as long as you watch same sat, same polarisation and same band (high or low).
If all was ok with kathy 922, you will have the same with the uno.