Duo2 Audio through SPDIF - quality issue

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I do have a problem with my audio quality through SPDIF. During watching TV or listening mp3 everything is fine but during listening a music (videoclip mp4 HD) I do receive a lot of noise.
I haven't noticed any problem by playing same videotrack on my old Kathrein UFS910. All the cable connections and Hi-Fi system is fine, I'm 100% sure.

In a Black Hole 2.0.5 rev. A you have fixed SPDIF no sound problem (duo2). It looks like a new problem appeared. Could you check it, please?

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I have discovered also that the problem doe's not involve SPDIF out only. Same thing happens via HDMI out. Why the problem appears when playing mp4 files only (hope mp4 files only)?

jwlalek

Vu+ User
The same file played on my laptop via HDMI is absolutely free of any noise, crack sound. This means there must be a bug in the BH image, I can not find any other explanation.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I didn't get any reply from VU+ support team so far :(

It would be great if someone of you guys could download the attached file and check on your Hi-Fi (very carefully) how is it working by playing in MediaPlayer, please.

Edited: attachment removed becaouse violates intelletual rights. Be careful when upload files. Next time: ban

Last edited by a moderator:

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Could you guys test on your Hi-Fi the song "Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith - La La La" using MyTube plugin? It's so easy to do it, please :help:
It's very important to me to sort it out. I need to know if problem involves only my receiver. Thank you.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
It doesn't have to be above song title, it can be any other mp4 file (HD).
VU support seems to ignore my issue so maybe you can help me guys, please!

bogdanm

It doesn't have to be above song title, it can be any other mp4 file (HD).
VU support seems to ignore my issue so maybe you can help me guys, please!
But if this driver problem is inpossible help you becouse only VU+ have posibility change something in driver.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Bad files, no, can't be. All the music files (HD mp4) I have downloaded from Youtube and they are very professionally made.
It's strange that the same files play faultlessly on my other box (Kathrein UFS910).

Matrix10

Administrator
Bad files, no, can't be. All the music files (HD mp4) I have downloaded from Youtube and they are very professionally made.
It's strange that the same files play faultlessly on my other box (Kathrein UFS910).

Strange or not

I can not with my present testing confirm your opinion
and tests also not with MY Tube HD video .

I tested a few MP4 movies not only one,
but not downloaded files,
I will test another time.

Last edited:

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I tested a few MP4 movies not only one,
but not downloaded files,
I will test another time.

Please, it's very important to me. Thank you.
BTW, I did watch some MP4 movies and noticed that the problem appears while playing MP4 videoclips (music+video) only.

Matrix10

Administrator
I think it's better if someone else test
because I do not have these problems about which you write.
I have test agn with MY Tube and mp4

jwlalek

Vu+ User
If someone from West Yorkshire (UK) has read this thread and is a proud owner of Duo2, please contact me ASAP.
I have to test another receiver to make a decision of claim a warranty repair or not. Thank you.

Pedro C

Vu+ User
Could you guys test on your Hi-Fi the song "Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith - La La La" using MyTube plugin? It's so easy to do it, please :help:
It's very important to me to sort it out. I need to know if problem involves only my receiver. Thank you.

Just for the sake of it I've tried it on my solo2 and there's absolutely no sound issues at all when connected via the optical out to my Denon AV amp. Flash your box once again and start from scratch before you send your box for replacement. Very unlikely it's faulty ...

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Box sent for repair almost 7 weeks ago (December 9th 2013). It's on its way back and should be with me on Tuasday 28th. What I have found out is the VU+ centre in Germany has replaced the mainboard and now everything is Okay :yahoo:
I'm just wondering, why they have not replaced the box for a new one.? Anyway, I'm back to business.