Duo2 Audio through SPDIF - quality issue

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Hi. Unfortunately the box still seems to be not working well. I'm looking for anybody from Leeds who could meet me and we could check different VU+ box in my house on my Hi-Fi. Thanks.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I've found another VU+ Duo2 box (brand new from shop) and I'm very surprised as new box has the same problem.
Some people will start saying that the problem is with my Hi-Fi. I don't think so, as using a different box (not VU+) and the same cables I can't notice any problem.
I think, that the problem is with every VU+ Duo2 box but no one else spotted that, apart from me as the problem is not with every youtube videoclip.

Matrix10

Administrator
I have test agn
No problem with my Duo2 box and SoundHUB Home Theater
via optical cable
Tested with direct and recorded MyTube files
tested with downloaded test MP4 file.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Thank for tests but I will not leave it till I sort it out. The problem is that VU+ never replied to my bug report. They have replaced my mainboard for some reason but have never fixed the problem.
I can say that I have tested three different Duo2 receivers and on all of them I discovered the same problem. I have also tested my box on different hi-fi (Denon AV receiver + Focal speakers) and now I know that there is nothing wrong with my hi-fi. The problem is with the Duo2 hardware and I think it may concern power supply unit, not a mainboard.

elec

Vu+ Newbie
Thank for tests but I will not leave it till I sort it out. The problem is that VU+ never replied to my bug report. They have replaced my mainboard for some reason but have never fixed the problem.
I can say that I have tested three different Duo2 receivers and on all of them I discovered the same problem. I have also tested my box on different hi-fi (Denon AV receiver + Focal speakers) and now I know that there is nothing wrong with my hi-fi. The problem is with the Duo2 hardware and I think it may concern power supply unit, not a mainboard.

I also have some issue with the optical sound out on VU+Duo2
The volume has to be increased to almost max to get a decent sound on my LG Surround system.
When i change to RCA out the wolume set works fine with normal volume.
I have switched the optical cable, but it does not help.
Also the LG surround system is tested with another optical signal in, no problems.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Sorry guys, but I need to dig further. Today, a have sent another bug report. It was as follow:

"Hello,
Why you people do not confess that your Duo2 receivers have a bug (hardware)?! I tested three Duo2 receivers and every one had the same problem. While playing the youtube videoclips (music mp4), you can hear a lot of rubbish noise coming from the hi-fi speakers (not TV). The same videoclips are fine when you play them from diffrent source (PC, laptop, Bluray player, DVD, etc.) using same hi-fi system and same speakers.
This is not my first email to you. You have never replied to my previous bug reports. In my opinion, the problem is with a hardware. That's why you can not fix it easy and you are worry to publish that to the world as too many receivers have been sold already and that would cost you a fortune to sort it out.
I hope you will answer to my email, please."

Anyone from Leeds (UK) who could help? Common guys!

jwlalek

Vu+ User
A month ago I got the back from VU Team:

"Hello, J***

We are sorry for the inconvenience with our product.
Our dev. team is trying to figure out th fix the issue reported by you and still working on it.
I would like you to give more detail information about your Hi-Fi System configuration, it would be very helpful for us to figure out this issue.
We will try to solve the issue ASAP.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards,.

Vu dev. team."

It seems like they know about the problem but I'm still waiting for a new release which will eliminate the bug.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Hi guys. I'm not Englishman but if you are, could you please interpret what the VU Team wrote to me as my retailer says the problem has been not found and there is no point to send the box for another "repair" what I sugested to do. Thanks.

sonci

Vu+ Newbie
vow, I was testing spidf out of my Vu solo, and indeed it's very poor,
I haven't noticed before, because I was using an old receiver, but when connecting to an external DAC and integrated, you can noticed it's very harsh practically unlistenable, I tried different high quality cables,
but when using TV digital out (connected to vusolo by hdmi) to external DAC, sound is much better, means that vu+ hdmi out is ok, only spidf is affected,
this is only about sound quality, I have no audio drop outs or else,
no wonder nobody notice it, I did it only on a pretty good revealing audio system,