BH 2.1.7 to 3.0.3 update (preserve settings) VU+ Solo2

Michale

Vu+ Newbie
I've been running 2.1.7 for a couple of years now and thought it might be time to update to a more current version.

Just wanted to check if I backup settings, put the downloaded update file on a USB and put it in the front USB I can update OK between these versions and then restore settings (which are backed up to the hard disk)?

I have a genuine VU+ Solo2.

bogdanm

You made big update.
I think best will be setup all from begined [ becouse was alooooot changes betwen this 2 version ] and after this setup from begined best will be made backup.

isenguard

Vu+ Newbie
I would take screenshots of all my image and plugin settings and set up the new image from scratch. A lot of things changed between 2.1.7 and 3.0.3.

Michale

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the advice. I have just updated to the current version of BH by starting from the beginning.

I have two problems (which I think pre-existed the update).

1) When I go into Opera I can use the OSK to input the URL. However, I cannot get the OSK to pop up again to enter logon credentials to the web page (logon for streaming video). I pressed the yellow button but the OSK did not pop up.

2) I tried using hardware keyboards - one Bluetooth (Logitech) and the other a generic PS/2 keyboard with a PS/2 to USB adapter. Neither of them worked.

I don't mind how which way I do it but how can use any keyboard to input into a Web page?

One more thing. While I'm in Opera I cannot seem to back out of it, e.g. to exit, go back to the tuner, or menu.

Last edited:

Mick12334

I am using Open Blackhole 4.1, which seems to work with all types of keyboards, even a Minix Neo U9 remote, which I bought as a Christmas present, for my parents.
I seem to recall having the same problems, when using Blackhole, an older version, before switching to Open Blackhole
I don't use the browser, on my Duo 2, but use the keyboard for Kodi, both setup, and when searching for a stream.
Kodi is the latest full version, 17.6, on Open Blackhole, and 17 on Blackhole, I think.
Why not try Open Blackhole, and see how that works.
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/openbh-4-1-vu-solo2.35043/

Upsilon

Vu+ Newbie
Hi :D

I'm interested in doing an update from 2.x to BlackHole 3.0 or OpenBlackHole 4.1 and I'm wondering if after the update I will always been able to read under 3.0 or 4.1 the recordings I've done on an USB HDD through 2.x ?

Thanks for your answers

bogdanm

Hi :D

I'm interested in doing an update from 2.x to BlackHole 3.0 or OpenBlackHole 4.1 and I'm wondering if after the update I will always been able to read under 3.0 or 4.1 the recordings I've done on an USB HDD through 2.x ?

Thanks for your answers
Yes all your recording will be see and play on new version image.
But remember about save he and no delete.
If he will be still on your usb or hdd new image will be see he.

Michale

Vu+ Newbie
I tried Open BlackHole 4.1 as suggested above.

It runs well on the VU+ Solo2 box but when in Opera I cannot select the file option to open a URL. It does not respond to the remote. Everything else appears to work well. I'll try re-installation before looking at an alternative image.

One other thing I noticed relates to screen sizing. When viewing a channel the screen resizes correctly. However, when viewing all menu options the screen appears to big, with the result that menu options, info bar, etc. is cut off (top, bottom, and sides). Is there any way top adjust for this? The TV is LG brand so nothing unusual about it.

nunigaia

I tried Open BlackHole 4.1 as suggested above.

It runs well on the VU+ Solo2 box but when in Opera I cannot select the file option to open a URL. It does not respond to the remote. Everything else appears to work well. I'll try re-installation before looking at an alternative image.

One other thing I noticed relates to screen sizing. When viewing a channel the screen resizes correctly. However, when viewing all menu options the screen appears to big, with the result that menu options, info bar, etc. is cut off (top, bottom, and sides). Is there any way top adjust for this? The TV is LG brand so nothing unusual about it.

On your remote control:

Press <MENU>; <SETUP>; <USER INTERFACE>; <SKIN SETUP>; <OSD POSITION>; Choose <YES>;

Here are my settings:

Set it, if you want as i have ... and all will be fine. After setting it up, press <OK> or <GREEN> ... to save the values.

SC_01.jpg

best regards
nunigaia

Michale

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, I've just installed Ten Below's OBH 4.1 and with the OSD adjustments can now see the menu OK.

How can I access/install Opera or any other browser please? I looked under plugins but it is not installed. When I go to the download plugins option I cannot find it.

Do I need to install anything to use a BT keyboard and mouse?

nunigaia

Thanks, I've just installed Ten Below's OBH 4.1 and with the OSD adjustments can now see the menu OK.

How can I access/install Opera or any other browser please? I looked under plugins but it is not installed. When I go to the download plugins option I cannot find it.

Do I need to install anything to use a BT keyboard and mouse?

*** WARNING ***

We don´t give support for backed up images! :chair:

best regards
nunigaia

Mick12334

In Open Blackhole go into the Menu, Black Hole Apps, Black Hole Speed Up, and you should see the option.
You do get the option of installing Opera, and Kodi, on installation.

Michale

Vu+ Newbie
OK, thank you for the advice. I have re-installed the original OBH image as first suggested.

When I get to Plugins/Opera and start the browser the File/options (Open URL, Start/Stop, etc.) do not operate at all.

I cannot get past the File menu options.

nunigaia

OK, thank you for the advice. I have re-installed the original OBH image as first suggested.

When I get to Plugins/Opera and start the browser the File/options (Open URL, Start/Stop, etc.) do not operate at all.

I cannot get past the File menu options.

Ok .. Can you please:

• Take a screenshot of your Menu / Information / About --> SCREEN.
You can use OpenWebiF to take one. ;)

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

You haven't updated your image... You are still at the 4.1.001 that means the first release of 4.1.
There have been 8 major updates and now we are at 4.1.009.

Michale

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you. Updated. I'm now able to operate the File menu options of Opera.

When I load the URL I get to a login page. I'm back where I started in needing to connect a BT keyboard to enter login credentials. However, once I get to the login page I cannot back out. I tried Exit, Menu, etc. but it stays stuck on the login page.