Black Hole Vu+ Solo2 2.1.1

EddieXXX

Vu+ Newbie
Hi! I installed BH 211 (previously used the BH 209). Everything looks ok, but now I have only unencrypted channels. What is wrong?

_artem_

Vu+ Newbie
I never had issues updating bh but this one doesn't update at all... it doesn't ask me to tap power button when switching on my solo2. reformatted my USB stick both with fat and fat32 but still no luck. another USB stick with ntfs also isn't recognized as updating stick. is there a way to force it somehow to update from a selected path. all the files are as always in root of the USB ( root_of_usb/vuplus/solo2 ) but no luck. what's wrong?

Mito

Administrator
I never had issues updating bh but this one doesn't update at all... it doesn't ask me to tap power button when switching on my solo2. reformatted my USB stick both with fat and fat32 but still no luck. another USB stick with ntfs also isn't recognized as updating stick. is there a way to force it somehow to update from a selected path. all the files are as always in root of the USB ( root_of_usb/vuplus/solo2 ) but no luck. what's wrong?
Follow all the advices you can find here: http://vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-flash-update-vu-images.11819/

_artem_

Vu+ Newbie
read that topic. I don't think bootloader has been updated since the last bh version. I have bh 2.1.0.1 installed. (as I remember my bootloader got updated long time ago, and it did together with new bh version, so I never flashed only bootloader image). but when trying to update to 2.1.1 it just doesn't ask me to press power button when switching the box on, instead it's loading last viewed channel. will try tomorrow (already today) to format another USB stick. another suspect from that topic doesn't apply - I'm sure I have genuine box, and I'm sure I downloaded the solo2 images for my solo2. bh 2.1.0 I installed from the same USB stick. 2.1.0.1 I installed online from the box.

_artem_

Vu+ Newbie
it's always good for brain to sleep over :D

woke up, connected USB to stb, connected to stb over ssh. USB stick wasn't mounted. tried to mount. error.

mkfs.vfat /dev/sdb
mount /dev/sdb /mnt/usb
cp -R /hdd/vuplus /mnt/usb/
turned off stb
turned on stb
got message (FINALLY!!!!!) to press power button
stb got successfully updated to 2.1.1

I'm sure my solution gonna work for all those who have the same issue that USB stick isn't recognized for updating. just format it to fat using stb. no need to try any other USB sticks. just properly format it. windows seams to crap everything... so it's better to format your USB stick the Linux way :)

Last edited:

Alex Lagos

Vu+ Newbie
hi all,
great job with the new firmware.
has anybody knows if the greek subs working now?
have change encoding for subtitles?

icetech007

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys, is anybody able to watch another channel while recording a channel on this new image as I can only seem to watch FTA while recording since upgrade to this new image? never had this problems before as my sat settings and connection is the same as before no changes made to connection at all and both tuner connected to 28.2 dish separately.

Mamady

Vu+ Newbie
hi
after few minute of watching tv
the system will show ( loading icon ) in the top corner
and it stuck the system and cannot do and thing except restart it by switch off/on the power

I have try it many time , each time is same , when i chose any channel after about 30 second the loading icon will show on the screen and every thing stack

any solution ?

using vu solo2
with 5 Lnb satellite

_artem_

Vu+ Newbie
2.1.1 has a very annoying bug. flash it everything works. turn off the switch. turn it back on and it will hang on starting... the only way to fix it is to flash 2.1.1 again and not turn off the switch!!!

vufun

Vu+ Newbie
first tnx
second I want to share with u my opinion about the new image:

I went back to 2.0.9.1 after testing 2.1.0 and disliking the bad video quality as I stated in a post at the time.
with this 2.1.1 video quality is the best so far in terms of colour ,detail, luminosity, focus, in SD and HD
welcome back MX skin

what I dislike now (and also in 2.1.0) is the annoying freeze when switching (zapping) from one channel to another, especially coded or missing sid
(previous chan stays frezeed waiting for next to come)
instead once there was a more pleasent black screen
I read other talking of a faster zapping ,to me seems the opposite due to this
have u come across this issue or this happens only to me? plz let me know

tnx in advance to all
I look forward to hear your opinion