Solo2 Dead - Won`t boot and no VFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhowal

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone, my vu+ solo2 won`t boot. Only blue light comes on when i power it on and the ethernet light at the back flashes. Apart from that , no noise of the fan and no display. Please help!

playerjs

Vu+ User
Sounds like you have bricked the box..happened to me with my f5 sky box. Wot did you do before it stopped working. Have you tried reflashing with image file. Ps. Is your box an original or clone. Make sure you use patched software if it's a clone.

Aliraza63

Vu+ Newbie
Only the clones are going dead . number of peoples are claiming about this situation . the only solution currently is to send back to ur supplier and replace its samsung flash

Aliraza63

Vu+ Newbie
One thing more . first of all try to download any previouse image not back .. see its work or not also try to change the power supply then check . if its the same then i doubt u have clone box and facing the same problem which others are and explaing to other forums

Last edited:

dhowal

Vu+ Newbie
One thing more . first of all try to download any previouse image not back .. see its work or not also try to change the power supply then check . if its the same then i doubt u have clone box and facing the same problem which others are and explaing to other forums
Yes , my box is a clone . I haven't been doing anything , it was working fine yesterday, today when I switched it on , it wouldn't come on. I'm running openvix software. Thanks for your help. Any ideas if I can change the samsung chip in UK ?

Aliraza63

Vu+ Newbie
Yes , my box is a clone . I haven't been doing anything , it was working fine yesterday, today when I switched it on , it wouldn't come on. I'm running openvix software. Thanks for your help. Any ideas if I can change the samsung chip in UK ?
According to my knowledge that flash can be replaced but with best hardware skill . I m sure u can find that flash . but after replacing the flash u will again face that problem . I will suggest u dont go for clone .

a911

The BH Lover
According to my knowledge that flash can be replaced but with best hardware skill . I m sure u can find that flash . but after replacing the flash u will again face that problem . I will suggest u dont go for clone .

Dear Members we don't support clone HERE!
Please stop and read the Rules!

playerjs

Vu+ User
Not sure wot you can do apart from send it back to supplier. It should be under warranty still. This is why I opted to buy original solo 2 than a clone. I have had f5 skybox clone one still works after 14months and the other burned out in 30days. It's always risky mate. I'm really sorry I can't help more. Try reflashing with patched blackhole.

dhowal

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks so much for everyone's help. Sorry I was unaware you don't talk about clones. Last question - how can I install an image when the vfd doesn't come on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhowal

Vu+ Newbie
Also , can someone recommend the cheapest original box that can record to USB hard disk and do time shift ? Can you run soft cam on original box ?

dhowal

Vu+ Newbie
The cable I have isn't USB so doesn't work with my laptop ! Great !!!

playerjs

Vu+ User
What cable are you talking about? Try a different USB stick to see if that helps. Make sure you organise root files and folders properly as required when flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.