Diseq setup does not detect anything on Vu+ Solo

And if i understand you correct, if you plugin the Vu+ and set to single satellite not diesq then you can scan for channels for 1 sat?

If you connect your working reciver and lets say leave it on Sky news 0.8 west (Free To Aiar)
The unplug your working reciver and switch to the Vu+, Now leave the diesq as it is but in the
Vu+ setup a single satellite setup for 0,8 west KU band and do a channel search.
Very important you do not chose diesq!!! but single satellite
If the Diesq ia comaptible you should still be able to get channels for the satellite it was left on

If this dont work you can confirm that the Vu+ is the problem, Does it not work then you should try another diseq switch

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
I tried a 2 way switch today and it could only pick up channels from port 1. There is no issues with my switches its the receiver that is faulty

Then its the power voltage from the Vu+ thats broken, your test does the same as the one i suggested so i am sure your Vu+ dont send the correct voltage to the switch

If you have the economy to buy a new Vu+ you will open up a totaly new world :)
The old solo cant even compare in performance with the newer Vu+ recivers
even the older but still better Solo2 and Duo 2 are rockets compare to the old Solo

And as a 4K reciver the little Zero 4K is a very good choice as a pretty low coast reciver.
It has some limitations for playback of AVI Video containers like divX but as a Satellite reciver its perfect.

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Update...

i bought a used Vu+ solo 2 to fix the issue. The receiver came with OpenPli installed. When I tried to setup the switch with my lnb’s it did not find anything. So same issue as with the Vu+ solo receiver. But after flashed the solo 2 with the latest image from code.vuplus.com it found all my positions .

My question now is, if I flash the receiver with Latest BH or OpenPli Does this take me back to the same situation again or have the Vu+ image I installed fixed the diseq issue permanently?

AlexWilMac

You bought a new HW without being sure your was a HW issue. But clearly it was a SW one.
OpenPli is not our image. As I already said, and as I'm not sure you are setting up your tuners correctly, I'd recommend you to install OBH, which has got the automatic detection of satellites during the wizard or also afterward, if you leave the setting "Automatic" where it asks for the satellite used in each DiSEqC port.
For OpenPli you must ask them.

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
I said that the original VU firmware worked not the OpenPli, and everything pointed to HW error period

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Another update, I now installed the OBH image on the Vu+ Solo 2 and first tried to install in automatic mode, the SW detected only Hotbird (13) and Astra 2 (28.2). I had to manually add Thor (0.8) and Astra 1 (19.2). I then ran a channel search and it found channels on every position, so everything worked fine. This mean that the Vu+ Solo that I originally tried the very same thing indeed had a HW error. There was never any misconfiguration by me, faulty switches, it was the Vu+ Solo that has a HW error.