Buy or not buy

• stick with what ive got

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • order it

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

birdman99

Vu+ User
I have a duo,solo and solo2 all in use and am really tempted to order a Vu duo2 but cant seem to
make my mind up to spend so much money on a box that i dont really need.

is it fair to assume that its

faster, better quality viewing , epg is spot on with no problems, more tuners, streaming.

One of the biggest attractions is that it streams so i could be watching tv from the office?

or does it?? has anyone got this feature working???

please sell me the duo2 .... feedback pls....

Ev0

Admin
It will do everything that your solo2 does.

It is better for transcoding than the solo2 (higher quality), but otherwise it is very similar, slightly faster due to extra ram, and it has the capability for extra internal tuners.

Only you can decide if it's worth ordering.

All I can say is that I love mine.

birdman99

Vu+ User
Thanks so much for the reply, I was thinking I wouldn't get any replies as the post was wrote when I was half cut.

Ive done research but cant seem to find a defo answer to the biggest selling point for me and that would be would I be able to watch channels from my office ??
Have you managed to use it like a slingbox then?

birdman99

Vu+ User
Can anyone answer regarding streaming with these boxes outside of the Lan, im off on hols soon and wouldnt mind watching sports from hotel.

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
I can stream from my box at home to work with no problem, I do have good upload connection at home which is important.
The only thing I don't like is leaving ports open, it leaves you a little exposed.

just lookin

Vu+ Newbie
I fully recommend the vu duo2 very pleased with mine only minor gripes I have is not really sure if I like remote as much as the old duo version but that is personal rather than a vu problem & the cooling fan on mine can be a bit noisy at times but no worse than other av equiptment I have heard at times

birdman99

Vu+ User
I have just ordered one yesterday and it should arrive tomorrow, Ypppeeeee

Very excited about this, i remember the first time i got my first Vu box it was the UNO it was good experience .
Can anyone help me set it up correctly? i have quite allot of experiences with having uno,solo,solo2 and duo but am thinking this machine might be more advanced.
My Duo runs well so will leave the harddrive in that one and buy a new HDD for duo2 i have a motor dish so any help on tuner setup would be helpful.
dont know how much help i will need, i need advise on best image BH and what CFE to load onto it before i flash.

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
I sold my dm8000 and bought Duo2 , a fantastic upgrade but If you already have Solo2 its simply waste of money ... solo2 specs way too much for enigma2 ...

birdman99

Vu+ User
I cant agree with you on that score until i have the duo2 in front of me and working, the solo2 is in another room so the duo2 will be my front room box.
My main reason for buying solo2 is that the duo2 can stream outside of the LAN , well that is what im lead to believe from reading up.

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
both solo2 and duo2 able to stream over internet they both have transcoding feature but Duo2 have gigabit lan other than that I dont think you are going to feel any difference... its same old enigma2...

Ev0

Admin
both solo2 and duo2 able to stream over internet they both have transcoding feature but Duo2 have gigabit lan other than that I dont think you are going to feel any difference... its same old enigma2...

Both solo2 and duo2 have gigabit lan.

Duo2 has hw transcoding, solo2 is sw transcoding.

mgalins

Vu+ Newbie
I have Duo2 with latest BH, but I did not manage to stream simultaneously more than 1 channel from the same TP. Maybe I did not configure it right, but nobody is answering on my questions in this forum. Well, if I am only one who is going to stream, then it works fine for me, but not if I would share with somebody else, since as soon you stream something else, first stream will stop working.
When it comes to Transcending, then I did manage to see transcoded content to VU+ Android app, but no chance via e.g. VLC, it still stream not transcoded. And if somebody watching Dou2 via TV, it is not doing transcoding even in Vu Android app – goes as is. Once again, maybe I did not configure something or don’t know limitations. It is my first Vu+ box, never had Vu before.

birdman99

Vu+ User
surely this cant be, the main reason i have just spend nearly £500 is beccause its feuture s apparantally own streaming outside of the Lan, so what is this transcoding plugin then? is it different to the webinfo thingy?

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
surely this cant be, the main reason i have just spend nearly £500 is beccause its feuture s apparantally own streaming outside of the Lan, so what is this transcoding plugin then? is it different to the webinfo thingy?

I dont know If money matters for you but if it does I would just ask for a refund ...
I guess you got your duo2 by now ,does it really worth to upgrade from solo2 ?
sorry but I still think its just waste of money...
If you want something new why dont you go for prismcube all new experience for you ;)

Ev0

Admin

The transcoding feature is what will allow you to stream outside of your LAN.

The duo2 does it with hardware, which means the quality is pretty good, the solo2 can only do it with software and therefore the quality is nowhere near as good.

The webinfo "thingy" has always allowed you to stream to a pc, but afaik it couldn't be streamed outside of the lan, and in any case it would only work on a pc.

With the transcoding, you can stream to a pc, smartphone, tablet etc etc etc, inside or outside of your lan.

frank087234

Vu+ User
I think you made one of most stupid decision of your life, buying duo2, while owning solo2..
SPENDING 500£ for extra tiny feature... U should buy prism cube if u want real upgrade

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
I think you made one of most stupid decision of your life, buying duo2, while owning solo2..
SPENDING 500£ for extra tiny feature... U should buy prism cube if u want real upgrade
Prismcube does not offer transcoding so it would have been no use to the OP, Duo2 has dedicated hardware for transcoding so there is a benefit, only small granted but if it's what the OP desires then its his choice.

sunespeg

Vu+ Newbie
A slingbox would be a better way to achieve same as transcoding imho.
It automatically adjusts to bandwidth, and has multiple sources of any kind.

I use it with my solo 1,and it works perfect both on a Pc or smartphone. I all ways carry my solo in my pocket this way :)

Sent from HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

frank087234

Vu+ User
A slingbox would be a better way to achieve same as transcoding imho.
It automatically adjusts to bandwidth, and has multiple sources of any kind.

I use it with my solo 1,and it works perfect both on a Pc or smartphone. I all ways carry my solo in my pocket this way :)

Sent from HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
can u explain this bit?? how do u watch solo on smart phone??