Hi Newbee needs help.

Mick12334

It's not the dish that needs to be plumb, it's the pole, your dish is attached to.
Can you please upload some photographs, of the motor, brackets, the pole, and the dish.
You might have to upload them to an image site, and link to them, disabling your links, using the code function.

Jay bear

Vu+ Newbie
book says; 36 is the listed Elevation Angle ...and 27.4 Dish Bracket Angle.. as you quoted. going to take the satelite of and check the pole once again. Cant check it while it is on as i have no pole to put the level on. no space

fairsats

Vu+ User
Before you replace ....

Zero your motor....you may have to connect receiver and use manual buttons on actual motor.
Make sure centre of dish is inline with centre of motor arm....there is a notch on motor arm to bring inline with dish bracket centre.
Tighten dish bracket bolts.

Mick12334

book says; 36 is the listed Elevation Angle ...and 27.4 Dish Bracket Angle.. as you quoted. going to take the satelite of and check the pole once again. Cant check it while it is on as i have no pole to put the level on. no space
Usually your pole should be long enough to put a spirit level on it, even with the motor, and dish, attached.
What kind of pole, and brackets, are you using?
I really think we need to see some photos, as the pole, and brackets, might not be strong enough to take the weight of the dish, and motor.

fairsats

Vu+ User
Agreed...you need a steel pole (Scaffolding Pole Excellent.)minimum length approx 1.5 mtr

supported by at least two suitable brackets and "U" clamps spacing max 300mm.If fixing to brickwork fix to centre of brickwork
Must be plumb on all sides....

Jay bear

Vu+ Newbie
all redone and level.. bloody heavey from a ladder. set to zero. 36 on motor and 27.5 on dish. motor is ligned up staright.
Now what?

Jay bear

Vu+ Newbie
bracket was supplied with the dish and i reinforced it with another heavey duty uni strut with hilti anchors you can swing from it and it wont move. the whole structure is soild.

Mick12334

If the motor is set to zero then you need to start again, enter your Latitude, and Longitude, into your receiver, use the receiver to move it to 0.8W, then start again, by physically aligning it to 0.8W, and adjusting it to get the strongest signal.
Once done check out the other satellites to see if you are tracking the arc correctly.
If it's still the same then please post some pictures.

Jay bear

Vu+ Newbie
Hello...

Finally moved into the house and I have all the SKY UK channels. I have worked out how to tune from inside the house and not on a ladder. I will do some readings for you guys when I get some spare time. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers