HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

sidTM

Vu+ User
Hello

Trying to update my mates brand new duo from out the box, I have the BH 2.0.6 firmware on USB but can't get it to read the files from my USB, do I need a certain boot loader before I do this or anything?
I know the files are ok because used the same files to upgrade mine a few days ago from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 with no problems

Am I missing something?

sidTM

Vu+ User
Hello

Trying to update my mates brand new duo from out the box, I have the BH 2.0.6 firmware on USB but can't get it to read the files from my USB, do I need a certain boot loader before I do this or anything?
I know the files are ok because used the same files to upgrade mine a few days ago from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 with no problems

Am I missing something?

Since it's brand new do I need to install a boot loader for the box to read my USB?

sidTM

Vu+ User
J
There's no harm in trying the boot loader but my guess is it'll be his usb

Just an update, he's has tryed different USBs and now he's getting reading USB then box starts without reading the files, this made me think the file structure was wrong but it's set to vuplus-duo-the 3 files in there

paul_genesis

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone

Hopefully some kind person can help me, here’s my current situation I have a VU+ solo2 box with a 1m motorized dish and have been using an old image of Black hole (1.7 or 1.9 I think). I backed up my settings even though I wasn't sure they would work with the new image. I finally decided to update the image that I was using. So I’ve downloaded version 2.0.7 and unzipped it and installed it on my box, however I can’t figure out how to enter the correct settings for my set up, Tuner A was set up for my motorized dish (USAL?) and Tuner b was set up for Astra 28.2E.

How do I configure my box to use the settings, I can connect up to the box from my PC and I have tried to restore settings using VU+ control centre but this hasn’t worked so I may have to set up my box from scratch if anyone can offer any help, advise or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. If I have posted this is the wrong place please feel free to move it to the correct one and accept my apologies

Many thanks Paul_genesis
:(

yummer

BH Lover
Hi everyone

Hopefully some kind person can help me, here’s my current situation I have a VU+ solo2 box with a 1m motorized dish and have been using an old image of Black hole (1.7 or 1.9 I think). I backed up my settings even though I wasn't sure they would work with the new image. I finally decided to update the image that I was using. So I’ve downloaded version 2.0.7 and unzipped it and installed it on my box, however I can’t figure out how to enter the correct settings for my set up, Tuner A was set up for my motorized dish (USAL?) and Tuner b was set up for Astra 28.2E.

How do I configure my box to use the settings, I can connect up to the box from my PC and I have tried to restore settings using VU+ control centre but this hasn’t worked so I may have to set up my box from scratch if anyone can offer any help, advise or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. If I have posted this is the wrong place please feel free to move it to the correct one and accept my apologies

Many thanks Paul_genesis
:(
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/tuner-config-tutorial-for-motor-dish-setup.12884/
Have a read of this buddy

paul_genesis

Vu+ Newbie
Update
I used the link that yummer supplied but this didn't work for my set-up, when I try to search either West or East it doesn't find anything so I have gone into menu->Setup-> Service Searching->Satfinder then choose either Tuner A or B, I have set Tuner A to the motorised dish and I have managed to find Hot Bird 13.0E, Eutelsat 16.0E, Astra 23.5E, and Astra 28.2E, However I don't get a picture so I'm now stuck with the latest version of Black Hole and no picture if any one can supply any help I would be most grateful
Many thanks
paul_genesis
:cry:

sidTM

Vu+ User
Update
I used the link that yummer supplied but this didn't work for my set-up, when I try to search either West or East it doesn't find anything so I have gone into menu->Setup-> Service Searching->Satfinder then choose either Tuner A or B, I have set Tuner A to the motorised dish and I have managed to find Hot Bird 13.0E, Eutelsat 16.0E, Astra 23.5E, and Astra 28.2E, However I don't get a picture so I'm now stuck with the latest version of Black Hole and no picture if any one can supply any help I would be most grateful
Many thanks
paul_genesis
:cry:

Hello I'm not too clued up on motorised dishs but do you maybe need to do an automatic scan to find the channels after setting up your dish etc?