Solo2 HW Error

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
That is the image originally shipped with the box (latest update currently released), directly from the Vu+ site.

Mick12334

2.1.1 is the latest Black Hole image, but VU+ have their own software, which your receiver would have originally been shipped with.
You should also be able to locate this on the VU+ official website.

Beaten to it by Eragon.

B.Bari

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you Eragon and Mick,
installed that image, box is back to life and its scanning as I write.

What do you guys reckon is the issue then ?

I mean BH, VIX and OpenPli don't work but the original VU+ worked ?

Crispy Duck

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, hoping someone can help, sorry to hijack post? Just set up my VU+ Duo2 (Black Hole 2.1.1) with a 2TB Hard drive. All working fine, HD initialised, recording fine, playing back fine etc, but whats strange is, if I go to transfer a movie say I've downloaded over my network, I click on VUplus2, Hard Drive, and find Movie Folder, BUT the folder Icon is not properly displayed, It's white, it's called Movie but if I click on it nothing shows up even though I have done recordings and watched recordings. If I try to copy over a movie from my laptop it will not give me a paste option like i used to do with my old Vu+ Duo. I tried taking out the hard drive again and formatting, put back in and initialised again but same happens, Movie folder is white and showing empty when I't not etc. Do I have to re flash the box and reset up from scratch or is there something easier I could do? Thanks, any advise welcome....Newbie :)

Crispy Duck

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, thanks for reply, so should I do a factory reset? As I mentioned everything is working fine, records fine, plays back fine but if looking at Movie folder over Network that my problem, folder does not display properly and appears empty. tnx

B.Bari

Vu+ Newbie
unfortunately it didn't solve the issue.

I tried scanning channels three times and everytime it stops at 9% (131 channels).

When I pick to watch one of those channels, the box halts after 20 seconds.

B.Bari

Vu+ Newbie
I thought it might have cured the sickness and I gave it another go with BH 2.0.8, guess what ? It didn't work!! :(

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
From your previous history concerning the tuner, you should also check that your sat installation doesn't have problems like short circuits or LNB/multiswitch/switch malfunction.

B.Bari

Vu+ Newbie
So what I thought initially,

I have another box and there is no issue whatsoever with that one. So I am sure there isn't any issue with the lnb etc...

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Is your other box also a Solo2?
Tuner susceptibility to signal path flaws may be very different, so the best tuner check would possibly be to test it with another sat installation.

B.Bari

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, its Solo2.

I have two cables coming from the LNB. When i put cable-1 or cable-2 in Tuner-A, I can see all the channels BUT when i put cable-1 or cable-2 in Tuner-B then I can NOT see any channel. I did this to see if there is anything wrong with the LNB or either of the cables. I am sure this proves that cabling/LNB is OK ?