I need advice

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
If you are in the UK then use World of Satellite or Goldwafers, I have used both and the they will put on any image you want and only sell original VU+ products.

Kerry

Vu+ Newbie
Right, but I would never be a guinea pig...;)
yes, youre so right
so...my new problem...where can I get a vu+solo 2 box that is just ready to plug in and use. I really am not confident enough to be downloading images/gifts/plug-ins etc
im assuming the trusted sellers don't do this :/

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
where can I get a vu+solo 2 box that is just ready to plug in and use. I really am not confident enough to be downloading images/gifts/plug-ins etc
im assuming the trusted sellers don't do this :/
In UK, I know this seller, every configuration and setup:
Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Solo-2-Solo2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

Kerry

Vu+ Newbie
In UK, I know this seller, every configuration and setup:
Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Solo-2-Solo2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver
Thank you for that eragon.
so, will they install the channels (the 'gift'), so I can just plug it in and watch? is that what the 'image' does?

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
Thank you for that eragon.
so, will they install the channels (the 'gift'), so I can just plug it in and watch? is that what the 'image' does?
No genuine seller will supply a box with a gift!!!!!
This is also on the edge of our board rules so refrain from any more chat about that please.
If that is all that interests you then it does not matter what box you get and you wont require anything from a hobbyist board like this.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Kerry, contact them for any legal request.

But you know, in this field the time will come very soon when you'll have to update and reconfigure your receiver by yourself... very very soon... just start now to learn the basics.

Kerry

Vu+ Newbie
No genuine seller will supply a box with a gift!!!!!
This is also on the edge of our board rules so refrain from any more chat about that please.
If that is all that interests you then it does not matter what box you get and you wont require anything from a hobbyist board like this.
sorry arturius :( didn't realise

Kerry

Vu+ Newbie
Kerry, contact them for any legal request.

But you know, in this field the time will come very soon when you'll have to update and reconfigure your receiver by yourself... very very soon... just start now to learn the basics.
thankyou eragon...im working on it but its scaring me more and more (and giving me an almighty headache!) :grin:

Kerry

Vu+ Newbie
maybe im looking at a too complicated receiver :/
can anyone recommend a decent twin tuner one (I need the recording facility) please?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Basically, every Vu+ with the BlackHole image show the same interface and configuration menu, so apart from the number and type of available tuners, there are no significant differences in setup.
Performance (and extensibility) is obviously the difference between cheap and expensive models.

Kerry

Vu+ Newbie
Basically, every Vu+ with the BlackHole image show the same interface and configuration menu, so apart the number and type of available tuners, there are no significant differences in setup.
Performance (and extensibility) is obviously the difference between cheap and expensive models.
looks like I need to get learning then!
thankyou Eragon, you have been really helpful :D