initialise hdd question

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
I have hdd mounted as meoboot whilst in universe and cannot add media files to hdd. If i initialise hdd can i remount hdd as media/hdd rather than removing meoboot and reflashing ? What does initialise actually do? I am using b/hole 2.1.2

nunigaia

I have hdd mounted as meoboot whilst in universe and cannot add media files to hdd. If i initialise hdd can i remount hdd as media/hdd rather than removing meoboot and reflashing ? What does initialise actually do? I am using b/hole 2.1.2

If you initialise your HDD, you´ll lose all data on your HDD.

best regards
nunigaia

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
Am in real fix now. Unable to map hdd. hdd is showing as sda1 in device manager. Initialized in ext3 and showing as media/hdd. Been trying to map hdd all last but to no avail. Should i reflash? If i reflash do i need to remove usb stick and reformat it? which means i will lose all data on it. Is it possible to save a back up. Will back up be erased?

Matrix10

Administrator
Mount :
Am in real fix now. Unable to map hdd. hdd is showing as sda1 in device manager. Initialized in ext3 and showing as media/hdd. Been trying to map hdd all last but to no avail. Should i reflash? If i reflash do i need to remove usb stick and reformat it? which means i will lose all data on it. Is it possible to save a back up. Will back up be erased?

I do not understand your problem.
If the HDD shows as media / hdd in Device Manager Mount then HDD is mapped.

screenshot.jpg

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry mate I should have said I mapped it to media/hdd and upon rebooting it reverts to unmapped.

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
Yes I pressed red button to save and rebooted. My problem with HDD started when i moved to universe. Up till then HDD functioned ok.

Matrix10

Administrator
fstab file in etc look like this if you have onlu hdd mounted

rootfs / auto defaults 1 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0
tmpfs /var/volatile tmpfs mode=0755 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs mode=0777 0 0
/dev/sda1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

Matrix10

Administrator
If fstab not look like this you can backup your fstab in /etc
and overwrite with fstab from my zip and restart box

Attachments

• fstab.zip
    274 bytes · Views: 25

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
Line 7 does not show as /dev/sda1/media/hdd auto defaults 00 . Line 7 reads as: UUID=437d0f6b-39cd-458c-923c-38

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
No success with fstab overwrite. I managed to overwrite old data in fstb, checked new content by opening file and was new data same as new zip file. I did save and exit . After rebooting i checked what data was in fstab file and it had reverted back to old data. I had previously tried remapping to media/hdd several times unsuccessfully.

nunigaia

No success with fstab overwrite. I managed to overwrite old data in fstb, checked new content by opening file and was new data same as new zip file. I did save and exit . After rebooting i checked what data was in fstab file and it had reverted back to old data. I had previously tried remapping to media/hdd several times unsuccessfully.

Try with mine " fstab " file!

1) - Don´t forget to make a backup of yours!
2) - Unpack the zip to a directory, " on your pc ", upload using ftp to --> /etc --> and don´t to verify the attributes of the file " must be 644 ".

try it and reply

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

Sorry nunigaia . Where is your zip file situated? .The fstab file attributes are on 644

Sorry mate! While making a screen shot for you i forgot to upload the file! :sleep:

Screen_howto.png

Unpack the zip to a directory, " on your pc ", upload using ftp to --> /etc --> and don´t forget to verify the attributes of the file " must be 644 ".

Test and reply
bes regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• fstab.zip
    324 bytes · Views: 8

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
No joy . Your file loaded ok and was not rejected after reboot, but HDD still not accepting mapping. I am mapping as media/hdd. Is this ok?

Matrix10

Administrator
You know what I do in such cases
I Install a clean image for 10-15 minutes i have new image with all installed.

All I need I have copied to my PC
After installation and image configuration
I upload all again
Altogether ten, fifteen minutes.

Of course after installation first I try to solve the problem
and than I upload all again I need.