initialise hdd question

nunigaia

No joy . Your file loaded ok and was not rejected after reboot, but HDD still not accepting mapping. I am mapping as media/hdd. Is this ok?

Yes ... it is!

After set mount to /media/hdd ---> Save ( Green Key ) ---> Reboot

best regards
nunigaia

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
I think that is my best course of action . One consolation is that i have learned a lot from you guys on here. Just a thought , when i set up universes i made only 2 partitions on usb for universes. Should i have made 3 partitions to include HDD?

Matrix10

Administrator
I think that is my best course of action . One consolation is that i have learned a lot from you guys on here. Just a thought , when i set up universes i made only 2 partitions on usb for universes. Should i have made 3 partitions to include HDD?

No 3 partitions to include HDD .

Install image and first mount HDD .

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
Will have a go reinstalling at the weekend as no time during week due to working night shift. I will keep you informed on my progress. Thanks for all your help.

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
Sucess.installed clean image as suggested. Reformatted usb stick into 3 extensions plus HARD DRIVE. ext.1 sdb1 universe 6290 mb. : ext.2 sdb2 media/usb 4194 mb. : ext.3 sdb3 media/downloads 5539 mb. : hard drive sda1 1000gb. All mounted no problem. Tested by downloading ts panel . ram at 47% and flash at 1%..I made a test crash and it showed up in HDD.It looks to me that my initial problems with HDD not mapping were due to me not including HDD when formatting usb.Now my question is. Have i created the correct extensions as i have mounted 2 media locations i.e. usb and hdd.As you can see i now have unbelievable space available if i have created the correct extensions.

Matrix10

Administrator
Sucess.installed clean image as suggested. Reformatted usb stick into 3 extensions plus HARD DRIVE. ext.1 sdb1 universe 6290 mb. : ext.2 sdb2 media/usb 4194 mb. : ext.3 sdb3 media/downloads 5539 mb. : hard drive sda1 1000gb. All mounted no problem. Tested by downloading ts panel . ram at 47% and flash at 1%..I made a test crash and it showed up in HDD.It looks to me that my initial problems with HDD not mapping were due to me not including HDD when formatting usb.Now my question is. Have i created the correct extensions as i have mounted 2 media locations i.e. usb and hdd.As you can see i now have unbelievable space available if i have created the correct extensions.

I would ask that you first read the forum rules.

http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

TS panel is not allowed on this forum and the use of illegal .