JediMakerXtream IPTV Bouquet plugin

Almost all iptv streams today are cut into chuncks of 5-30 seconds and thats the reason you get only a small recording.
This has nothing todo with JediMakerXtream, plugin only create the bouquets for you.

I guess that Xcplugin use the buffer and therfore can put all the chunks togather to a whole file and thats why you cant change channel when recording iptv streams with Xcplugin.

There is no Enigma2 image that can handle this chunked streams and record them but i see in the future that this might be implemented as Streaming channels also now is avalible over satellite.
How long we have to wait.. I dont now but we can hope that we get a solution not to far into the future

AlexWilMac

Well... I don't use IPTV channels, I don't know this specific plugin but, as some days ago I installed some international FTA IPTV channels, I was curious to try this recording issue, after reading this message. Surely I had managed to do a year ago or so. But to try if something had changed with these "new" channels", I tried again and it was actually possible either record from them normally or, while it was recording, zap to another channel and everything went fine.
They were 10 minutes but surely more than 30 seconds.

Almost all IPTV providers use the latest standard called HLS (http live streaming) so you where lucky to find a FTA IPTV list built on the old standard ;)
the HLS protocol chops up MP4 video content into short (10-second) chunks with the .ts file extension (MPEG2 Transport Stream).
Next, an IPTV server stores those streams, and http delivers these short clips to viewers on their devices. (HLS will play video encoded with the H.264 or HEVC/H.265 codecs.)
The http server also creates a .m3u/.M3U8 playlist file

So what does the jedi plugin do. It converts your m3u/m3u8 playlist into enigma2 bouquets so you can stream the channels like you do with your regular channels.
You can filter out the categories you dont want since most m3u/m3u8 have categories from the whole world and would be lots of bouquets.
The plugin have no built in player. it only converts the m3u playlist into a playable bouquet you can watch with your enigma2 based stb.

don_hidalgo26

Vu+ User
Dear all,
For sure Jedimaker is the best for creating bouquets because it was done only for this purpose and it is also good the possibility, with Jedimaker, to schedule the updates of the bouquets.
But, on the contrary of xcplugin, Jedimaker is very heavy (about 2 MB) while xcplugin is less than 0,5 MB so xcplugin could be a good plugin for older Vu+ models.
Moreover, also xcplugin has the possibility to create bouquets but not automatically like Jedimaker.
Finally the format of the recording with xcplugin of iptv streams is .ts.

Kind regards
Roberto

PS: I attach the xcplugin in the case you want to try. Many thanks to Thomas for the Iptv lesson;):):)

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-xcplugin-iptv-mod-lululla_6.7_all.ipk
    460.2 KB · Views: 100

titau_135

Vu+ Newbie
JediMakerXtream V5.31

Added in catchup fix for new experimental OpenVIX EPG
Fixed a crash if trying to trigger catchup from the wrong EPG screens

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_5.31_all.ipk
    1.7 MB · Views: 25

josagi

Vu+ User+++
JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 5.32 (Universal)

- Amended catchup code for OpenVix new EPG screens

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_5.32.20200513_all.ipk
    1.7 MB · Views: 66

rafat

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone, I have been trying to load a m3u list all afternoon and without success, well the file loads but it does not create bouquets and no channels appear, I use Darksky-FHD skin, any suggestion please?

Thanks and best regards.

Are you using a local saved m3u list or is it an external list?

Skin does not matter any more it was just in the first releases we needed to adapt the Blackhole skins but all works now with any skin

rafat

Vu+ Newbie
it's a local list,I upload it in m3u format and it does not load the channels and if I upload it in text format it stays in "loading data"

josagi

Vu+ User+++
V6.00 JediMakerXtream (beta)

Converted code to python 3

Fixed update bouquets not deleting bouquets correctly. (might fix some of the issues people are reporting with duplicate bouquets)

This is a large plugin, lots has had to be amended. Some conversions I am not to sure about.

There may be bugs. I haven't tested a lot of this. But gives chance for people to have a play before I surface tomorrow morning https://www.Linuxshat-support.com/cm...jione/263a.png

Stick with 5,32 for now unless your experienced and know what you are doing

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.00.20200711_all.ipk
    1.7 MB · Views: 25

josagi

Vu+ User+++
JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 6.01 (Universal)

fully compatible with python 2.7 and python 3

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.01.20200819_all.ipk
    1.7 MB · Views: 21

josagi

Vu+ User+++
JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 6.03 (Universal)

-Further amends to dependancies code.
-Amend to url requests to fix a potential crash
-Amend to progress bar - it now a graphic and not a colour to fix a bug on dreamboxes
-Amend to mmx skin to remove some illegal colour names
-General pep8 clean up

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.03.20200913_all.ipk
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

josagi

Vu+ User+++
JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 6.05 (Universal)

● fixed series not updating
● a few other little minor tweaks

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.05.20200920_all.ipk
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

josagi

Vu+ User+++
JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 6.08 (Universal)

Fixed auto update clearing and then not refreshing bouquet lists

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.08.20200923_all.ipk
    1.7 MB · Views: 57

josagi

Vu+ User+++
JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 6.09 (Universal)

●Fixed - position bouquets at top error
●Removed & next_days=7 for shortlinks
●Removed https xmltv address being changed to http. (now epg importer is working with the hack)
●Reverted some of the settings pages code that was breaking dreambox. I knew those suggested amends on github were going to be trouble.
●Changed the dependancy code to be less strict looking for python 3.8 folder.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.09.20201120_all.ipk
    1.7 MB · Views: 7

josagi

Vu+ User+++
JediMakerXstream V6.10

What we fixed/broke/fixed today

Fixed python 3 grouped categories
Fixed python 3 catchup descriptions to strings
Fixed local playlists crash
Fixed updating jedi from hanging if provider is down (football block) or obselete. Doing my head in that bug.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.10.20201122_all.ipk
    1.7 MB · Views: 15