Latest Mediaportal

Matrix10

Administrator
Jolatacqce,do you use newest mp with 2.1.5. i had 2.1.7 installed and did not get mp to work.and now with newest image mp from usb not working for me either.Should i use bigger usb stick than 8gb? and don't know anything how this swapfilemanager works.not buying new receiver yet because it seems something not working with arm processor.

Swapfilemanager is not expander for flash memory.
Swapfilemanager is memory Ram expander.

For free up flash ( expand flash) and install plugins/addons on USB/HDD use one of this

1. Parallel universe :
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-extend-flash-in-bh-images.8187/

or

2. flashexpander plugin ( I have not test this one)

Last edited:

jyffe

Vu+ Newbie
I have tryed to use this parallell universe like this link shows how to.not getting it work right.box keep crashing.last night uptaded mp from universe 7.5.8 to 7.6.0, mp did not start at all because there was some files missing again.7.5.8 crashed the box when trying to watch some video clips.memory stick has almost 8bg free space and box has now newest image so i don't know what problem is. 2.1.7 and 7.5.6 was last ones to work without parallell universe.

Matrix10

Administrator
I have tryed to use this parallell universe like this link shows how to.not getting it work right.box keep crashing.last night uptaded mp from universe 7.5.8 to 7.6.0, mp did not start at all because there was some files missing again.7.5.8 crashed the box when trying to watch some video clips.memory stick has almost 8bg free space and box has now newest image so i don't know what problem is. 2.1.7 and 7.5.6 was last ones to work without parallell universe.

Unfortunately images and plugins are becoming bigger and hungrier for memory.
This is a major problem for older boxes.

After your writing seems you have both problems flash and Ram

Of course, if you managed to install all.

First BH 3.0.2 after online update image.
Format USB stick, install Universe.
Select another universe not BH universe and install MPortal

I unfortunately I do not have old duo to know whether there is any possibility to install.

harddriver

Vu+ User
Hi

I don´t know if i´m right here ?
The Streamhoster vidto.me Works wonderful with my DM 7080
with the VU 4K with BH 3.0.2.G, stands about 100cm next to the DMM,this Hoster is not running
short .deb Super .ipk not Super
The answer that i became in the Dev´s HomeBoard is that this is an Image Issue
cause the Image has a simple Probleme with https (OpenSSL)
it can be seen in the MP .log from my solo 4K :
Code:
19:08:55.0524684 E  wsoEpisodes::dataError [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'wsoEpisodes' object has no attribute 'Title'
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py:277:connectionLost
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/client.py:191:connectionLost
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:368:callback
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:464:_startRunCallbacks
--- <exception caught here> ---
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:551:_runCallbacks
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MediaPortal/additions/grauzone/watchseriesonline.py:408:parseData
]
to the Devs . is there a solution possible ? it would be nice if this can be fixed

jyffe

Vu+ Newbie
Tryed again to install newest mediaportal,after restart gui going to menu-> plugins i get following message: following plugings not available extensions/mediaportal bad marshal data (string size out of range).<- meaning of this message?. it seems to be i can't get it to work from usb stick.

harddriver

Vu+ User
Hi

Try the 2nd way Matrix has told to you :
2. flashexpander plugin ( I have not test this one)
I use this Plugin on my DM 800se with an Intenso 4gb stick so i have enough space for all and everything
Install a fresh clean Image than install FlashExpander and run it,than it copys the /usr to the Stick
thats the Sector where all the Plugins and other Stuff is located,
after that you can Install all your Plugins with no Problem

Edit:
btw i could not Install the Parallel Universe at my VU 4K
no matter if i use an 8 GB or an 16 GB Stick
and yes i followed the Steps 1 by 1 anyway need it not necessarily

Last edited:

ennegi

Vu+ User+++
MediaPortal 7.6.3

Thx @ all Dev´s

If you like this, please leave a thank you

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal_7.6.3_all.ipk
    4.8 MB · Views: 32

ennegi

Vu+ User+++
MediaPortal 7.6.4

Thx @ all Dev´s

If you like this, please leave a thank you

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal_7.6.4_all.ipk
    4.8 MB · Views: 28

harddriver

Vu+ User
Hi

I recommand you to Install the MediaPortal Directly from the BH Feed
Press Green/Yellow/Addons Download Manager/Black Hole Addons Plugins
Scroll down to Mediaportal v7.6.4 (IPK Packages) (Black Hole E2) Press Ok on your Remote
and wait/follow the Instructions on the Screen
thats all
Note also
if you had read the Thread carefully you would know that Black Hole Images
uses other dependencies as all other Image Builders therefor the Posted
MediaPortal.ipk´s here can´t be Installed before one of the Dev´s
fits the .ipk file to the BlackHole image

nunigaia

MediaPortal 7.6.7

Repacked version for Black Hole 3.0.2 and OpenBH 06

best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal_7.6.7_all.ipk
    4.8 MB · Views: 52

bjolly

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I have vu+Duo I have obh 0.6 in flash and obh 0.6 in multi boot.

i have managed to load MP 7.6.0 but when I try to run it it is very slow and I have to wait 10mins + for the screen to change to the selected video. Do I need to run memory expander as well ?

nunigaia

Hi,
I have vu+Duo I have obh 0.6 in flash and obh 0.6 in multi boot.

i have managed to load MP 7.6.0 but when I try to run it it is very slow and I have to wait 10mins + for the screen to change to the selected video. Do I need to run memory expander as well ?

Now you can run it ... I think you get nothing by expanding it. Unfortunately this a heavy plugin and your STB has a CPU with lower perfomance.

Anyway, give it a try.;)

best regards
nunigai