Open Blackhole image Vu+ Duo2

osaidiado

Vu+ Newbie
Can someone please help me? I just installed the Open blackhole image on my vu+ duo2 today and I noticed two problems immediately: The installation ran ever so smoothly. But then I realized there is no where on the menu where I could backup or restore anything. There is no Youtube. I had youtube while using the blackhole 2.1.5. More importantly, my Wlan just won't work; I entered the details exactly as it was on my 2.1.5 and I cannot even connect to my router(Speedport-W920v). What do I do now. I like this Open blackhole, the tv images seem much clearer. How do I now setup the wlan and where are the remaining functions, like backup etc?
Please help.

clipper

Vu+ Newbie
try the pluggins for backup and you tube settings
and to set wlan or lan connections look in black hole apps
network and browswer and mountpoints section
i found the duo2 image excellent crystal clear a great image

osaidiado

Vu+ Newbie
I appreciate your help. But your instruction is simply too compressed and inconcise. Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate your endeavour but, like I said, the instruction is hard to follow; I mean "try the pluggins for backup and you tube settings", I don't really understand what you mean. Like I said I set the wlan settings before when I had the blackhole 2.1.5 and everything worked fine untill I now decided to install the Open blackhole image. The exact settings I used before on the 2.1.5, like IP address, Nameserver address etc are the exact same details I am now entering onto the Open blackhole image and the wlan still isn't working. I am kind of stuck here. Please help and be a bit more concise because I am not very experienced with some of these technicalities.

Matrix10

Administrator
Can someone please help me? I just installed the Open blackhole image on my vu+ duo2 today and I noticed two problems immediately: The installation ran ever so smoothly. But then I realized there is no where on the menu where I could backup or restore anything. There is no Youtube. I had youtube while using the blackhole 2.1.5. More importantly, my Wlan just won't work; I entered the details exactly as it was on my 2.1.5 and I cannot even connect to my router(Speedport-W920v). What do I do now. I like this Open blackhole, the tv images seem much clearer. How do I now setup the wlan and where are the remaining functions, like backup etc?
Please help.

YouTube TV is within the image.
to my knowledge Old MyTube plugin no longer works with the new You Tube API.
also not with BH 2.1.5
If I remember correctly
Backup will be possible to get tomorrow if you upgrade image online .

For wifi I do not know if your wifi have support within the image
or you have a problem with the configuration
My original VU+works
It is possible that tomorrow or soon will be more drivers for USB , DVB-T etc

osaidiado

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks a whole lot Matrix10. I got youtube and my wlan works; everything, for now is simply aok. May the Force be with you.
I appreciate your help. Once again, thanks.

DavidV

Vu+ Newbie
Today I installed this image and everything worked out just fine. At the flow I did the online update and that is a major improvement. All settings remain as before the update. Not the least, it works very fast.
The zappin' has an increased speed and all my presets works just fine EXEPT FOR ONE!!!!! : When I go to the mediaplayer and I set a surtain map as the first-one for the mediaplayer it works ok, BUT........when I have to make a cold restart (after updating) the preset has gone and I have to set that again. I've tried it a second time and everything was gone again. I think that it's a minor bug that can be fixed.

DavidV

Vu+ Newbie
@ DavidV
It's not nice to ask the same thing in multiple threads (Duo2, SoloSE, meoboot, etc.)

All these identical posts are from you today:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/posts/174264/
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/posts/174262/
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/posts/174256/
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/posts/174253/

And if you (apparently) own a Duo2 you should not post in the SoloSE thread...:(
About the Meoboot topic that is sorted out. At first the titel of the topic wasn't right and is corrected after my post. For the rest I am sorry but I wasn't shure where to post my question.
I hadn't the slitest that I posted it on a topic about SoloSE.

wakeelkhan

Vu+ Newbie
Hi friends, since last night when I gave up to install permanent time shift plugin, I found a lot of +tive functions which I was dreaming to have in BH images, which Ifound here in OBH 0.1. Its really amazing addition of BH team. Many many thanks for OBH 0.1 and hope to be the top image of its time. Now i want to share my problem with you such as permanent time shift, I'm so scared now for installing it but without it I can't compromze& feel incomplete. Plz help me.

spearkie

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.
I have the new Backup menu but nothing inside. (On my solo se i have the personal backup function). What can i do to get the backup function?

DavidV

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.
I have the new Backup menu but nothing inside. (On my solo se i have the personal backup function). What can i do to get the backup function?

I just checked it for you and I have all the options. I even tried it out and it functions like mad. Try to update your version over your Internet connection. If that doesn't give any result install the image a second time in flash. Perhaps something went wrong during the installation.

Shiro

BH-C
Hi friends, since last night when I gave up to install permanent time shift plugin, I found a lot of +tive functions which I was dreaming to have in BH images, which Ifound here in OBH 0.1. Its really amazing addition of BH team. Many many thanks for OBH 0.1 and hope to be the top image of its time. Now i want to share my problem with you such as permanent time shift, I'm so scared now for installing it but without it I can't compromze& feel incomplete. Plz help me.

Included in Open Black Hole image:

menu -> setup -> system -> user interface -> automatically start timeshift after ....

el bandido

Vu+ User
Please install or at least make available the System Time plugin.
Transponder time is not reliable in North America, so we need another way to set the time. An internet time option is available in almost all other images.
The System Time plugin works great in OpenPLi, but it is not available in Open Blackhole. Please add this plugin if possible. EB

wakeelkhan

Vu+ Newbie
Included in Open Black Hole image:

menu -> setup -> system -> user interface -> automatically start timeshift after ....

THANKS MR. SHIRO FOR THE GUIDANCE, I'VE ENABLED IT AFTER 2 SEC. IT WORKS BUT CAN'T BE SEEN AS COMPARE TO BH IMAGES.

spearkie

Vu+ Newbie
I just checked it for you and I have all the options. I even tried it out and it functions like mad. Try to update your version over your Internet connection. If that doesn't give any result install the image a second time in flash. Perhaps something went wrong during the installation.
I reinstalled 2 times, made the online update and still nothing in backup menu. Don't know what is going wrong....
Did you test on a Duo2?