Problem with hard disk

d.j

Vu+ Newbie
hi i have a vu+ solo with BH software 1.6.4 and i m facing a problem with the external usb hard disk .The problem is after 10 minutes about of using the hard disk the hard disk is going on sleep mode (standby) but also the status in the blue panel= extra setting= hard disk shows the status is standby and it doesnt let me to change it. Please i need your help. Thanks in advance!

mebken

Vu+ User
The hdd goes in standby mode if not used in 10minutes (can be modified). But I think if you want to use it, if it's in standby, it will automatically be available!

What do you want to do when the hdd is in standby? Try the mediaplayer from menu and go across your hdd, you will have acess to it...

d.j

Vu+ Newbie
The hdd goes in standby mode if not used in 10minutes (can be modified). But I think if you want to use it, if it's in standby, it will automatically be available!

What do you want to do when the hdd is in standby? Try the mediaplayer from menu and go across your hdd, you will have acess to it...
I want to record something and it doesnt do it if its after 10-15 minutes. I have change the setting and i choose '' No Standby '' but even like that it does the some thing. The only way to let me record it is only after i will restart the Vu+ solo.

mebken

Vu+ User
try to see if the usb media is still mounted as hdd just after reboot? otheriwse mount it agian and restart...

d.j

Vu+ Newbie
try to see if the usb media is still mounted as hdd just after reboot? otheriwse mount it agian and restart...
usb media is still mounted as hdd afer reboot. I try several ways and still nothing.I have try instaling 1.6.6 software and nothing again.
Then i have try to install 1.7.2 but the machine didnt start....i dont know whats wrong.Thanks a lot!

Mito

Administrator
usb media is still mounted as hdd afer reboot. I try several ways and still nothing.I have try instaling 1.6.6 software and nothing again.
Then i have try to install 1.7.2 but the machine didnt start....i dont know whats wrong.Thanks a lot!
As wrote Mebken, you have to upgrade the boot loader before to install the BH 1.7.2
Here you can find all informations you need to upgrade the boot loader: http://vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-solo-boot-loader-updgrade.4358/

mebken

Vu+ User
You have to try! it's a new image (a nice one, I test it personnaly on a VUSOLO) and known bugs are corrected!

Mito

Administrator
hi do you think that BH 1.7.2 will solve my problem with hdd ? Thanks
I don't know if your issue will be solved.
Moreover, you didn't specificate what kind of HDD you have and how it's powered.

ilmago

BH Lover
hi i have a vu+ solo with BH software 1.6.4 and i m facing a problem with the external usb hard disk .The problem is after 10 minutes about of using the hard disk the hard disk is going on sleep mode (standby) but also the status in the blue panel= extra setting= hard disk shows the status is standby and it doesnt let me to change it. Please i need your help. Thanks in advance!

to change standby time you have two possibilities..first one, as you said blue panel...the second one menu, system and hard disk...
have you already tried to set standby as well from this menu?

d.j

Vu+ Newbie
I don't know if your issue will be solved.
Moreover, you didn't specificate what kind of HDD you have and how it's powered.
I am using a FreeAgent™ Desktop 250-GB USB 2.0 Drive and it has its own power plug. Thanks

d.j

Vu+ Newbie
to change standby time you have two possibilities..first one, as you said blue panel...the second one menu, system and hard disk...
have you already tried to set standby as well from this menu?
yes i have tried this as well. But what makes me curious is when i m trying from the blue panel -settings - hard disk - it shows the status of the HDD , and the status is always'' STANDBY '' and it doesnt let me to change this.

ilmago

BH Lover
yes i have tried this as well. But what makes me curious is when i m trying from the blue panel -settings - hard disk - it shows the status of the HDD , and the status is always'' STANDBY '' and it doesnt let me to change this.
of course you can change it....