Problem with setting tuner for solo2 with 4 lnb and one motor

amutsi

Vu+ Newbie
hi i want to set my tuner. i have 4 lnb consistently and 1 motor.how to set all this ?the diseq 1s 1.1 and the output is
1 - moter
2 -28.2
3 -off
4 -23.5
5 - 19.2
6 -39.0
in spiderbox i made it here ?
thanks

amutsi

Vu+ Newbie
hi i have this
Code:
http://www.sat-mix.com/products.php?images&diseqcemp8x1&osCsid=8974e23bb254395de494adccec98fb02
and i set it at 1.1 working on spiderbox 9000 hd

Admin edit, please code links

sorry m8, your link doesn't work for me at all. Any way what brand is it? How many inputs? is committed or uncommitted?
just post its brand and model in here please

amutsi

Vu+ Newbie
the brand is emp-centauri-8x1 and how can see what is committed or uncommitted?in the spiderbox i have uncommitted

solo2 has two tuners so I'd set it as follow (btw that's my configuration):
tuner A: 4 fixed satellites
tuner B: motor
What motor you have: diseqc1.1 or 1.2?

If it's 1.2 you can use USALS and not need to set every single sat in your tuner configuration, just simply set correct long and lat for the place where you live - check it with google).
If it's 1.1 - the best solution is to use your old box motor settings for every satellite - just check what positions are stored in your positioner menu - e.g. hotbird in my menu is set for 1, astra19 - 2, etc.
======
DiseqC switch inputs configuration as follow:
1 28.2
2 23.5
3 19.2
4 39.0
5-8 not used

To help you with tuner config I need to know exactly what switch model you have (do not know what command should be send first)

good to know, then motor will be set as positioner in tuner B, just set that motor use usals and enter your long and lat from google. You may need to use goto 0 before motor will find correct satellite.
Still don't know what switch model you've got.
There are two version of centauri 8x1 switches - both have different settings to work with diseqC

amutsi

Vu+ Newbie
thank you for your interest but nothing happent i have solo+2 10 days and i couldn't do it
i write again
(my english is not goot sorry)
i have 2 dishes one in motor and one with 4 lnb stabilization
the motor work in DiSEqC 1.2 & Goto “X” 1.3
the DiSEqC is centauri 9in/1out 1.1&1.2 switch for up to 8 satellite positions and 1 subscriber, equipped with combiner for terrestria
the input is
1 motor
2 28.2
3 off (seared)
4 23.5
5 19.2
6 38,2
please wrirte me the setting with detailed or if you know in greek
thank you again

Unfortunately I don't know Greek.

Do you want to use same configuration as your spiderbox
or use both tuners from your solo2? (it needs two cables running down from the dish/switch to your solo)
I'm sorry for the offence but you've already bought new solo2 to enjoy its full functionality I think.
And I need to know your diseqC switch dip switches settings (under plastic cover)

Best solution for you is to use motor separately on one of the tuners and fixed satellites on another (I've already posted above how your switch needs to be rewired)
However this configuration needs some work...
Let me know what you want.

amutsi

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your interest again.
In my living room I have only one cable coming down from the roof.
I want to work my solo2 only with one cable as spiderbox.In spiderbox everything is working ok and the 4lnb and the moter all these with one cable.I bilieve that the same thing would happen with solo2.My diseqC im my roof has 2 switches.I have the option 1.1 and this option works fine with spiderbox but I also have two other options 1.0 and 1.2.Please if you know the way to do it, just give me more more details about the procedure.I believe because solo2 is the best ever ,there would be the option to work all these with only one cable,because I cannot use a second in my house.

Your config should look similar to this one below. Of course dish cable is connected to tuner A.
I've written 'similar' because I cannot test it ATM and this config needs to be changed for motor. We will work on it later on.

But let's try this (I'm writing default config changes only):

ASTRA 28.2:
Configuration mode: advanced
Satellite: Astra 28.2
LNB: 2
DiseqC mode: 1.1
Command order: uncommitted, committed, toneburst
Uncommitted diseqc command: input 2

ASTRA 23.5:
Satellite: Astra 23.5
LNB: 4
Uncommitted diseqc command: input 4

ASTRA 19.2
Satellite: Astra 19.2
LNB: 5
Uncommitted diseqc command: input 5

HELLAS 39.0
Satellite: Hellas 39.0
LNB: 6
Uncommitted diseqc command: input 6

Do it step by step, I mean go to menu > setup > service searching > tuner configuration > select tuner A by pressing ok;
change configuration mode to advanced;
select appropriate satellite as mentioned above;
select LNB (more option will appear);
select diseqc mode (more option will appear);
and press ok to save changes if all will be done.
You can save changes when only one satellite will be configured and check if that works.
You need channel list to watch any channels.
I'd suggest uploading new channel list before you will start changing tuner configuration.
Hope it helps.

@amutsi
You've made me confused. Diseqc1.1 CANNOT handle motor commands!!!
My previous post should be edited to this:

What motor you have: diseqc1.2 or 1.3?

If it's 1.3 you can use USALS and not need to set every single sat in your tuner configuration, just simply set correct long and lat for the place where you live - check it with google).
If it's 1.2 - the best solution is to use your old box motor settings for every satellite

misstyped :inlove::p
so question is going to @amutsi:
how does it work with your spiderbox with switch set to diseqc1.1??
It's not possible.
What are your motor settings in your spiderbox? Can you post it here??
And what is dip switch configuration in your diseqc switch??

then it's something new for me - but we all learn our entire life :) - I've never tried to get it working this way before - in theory that shouldn't work and it's against diseqc specification.
I presume your switch is already set as 1.1 anyway and it can send over 1.2 and usals without corrupting these signals. That's my guess.
If 1.2 will be set as main protocol on your switch it will work with 8 motor position - simple saying if you will select command 'move west' your switch will turn input 2 on; if another 'move west' command will be received switch will turn input 3 on; etc. Sending command 'move east' will turn input 2 if nominal input was 3, etc.
Just try settings below:

menu > setup > service searching > tuner configuration > select tuner A by pressing ok

configuration mode: advanced
satellite: you need to configure every single satellite which has not been configured earlier on (do not change positions 28.2, 23.5, 19.2, 39.0 they will be automatically selected by the switch). You can try to use 'all satelittes 1' in this position but it will automatically assign LNB 33 and I do not know how your switch will react for this unknown position)
LNB: 1
DiseqC mode: 1.2
Uncommitted diseqc command: input 1
longitude: enter it - same format as it's in your spiderbox (e.g. 000.200)
select appropriate direction (east or west)
latitude: same as in spiderbox
use usals for this sat: yes

Just a digression at the end:
If you will use tuner B instead of tuner A - and tuner A will be configured as 'loopthrough to tuner B' - you will be able to watch and record two different channels at the same time - however this feature is limited to the same satellite, polarisation and band - so not all channels will be available.
Setting up other way - tuner B as a 'loopthrough to tuner B' is not recommended.
Let me know the result.