Recording problem

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Hi.
I have a problem with recording with my VU + Duo does not want to change satellite.
If I programmed recording on Thor 0.8W and my box is set to a channel of 13.0E then nothing will be recorded at all.
Hope someone can help me with this thanks.

I am using a V-box2 (36V) to change satellite

Mick12334

You need to set up your Tuner, to match your VU+ receiver.
First off do you have the LNB cable going into your V-Box II, then connected to your satellite receiver?
If so you next need to make a note of how your satellites are set up, on your V-Box II, e.g. 19.2E position 1, etc...
Once you have these you need to set up your tuner, to match.
Go into the menu, Setup, Service Searching, Tuner Configuration.
Select Tuner A, and set Config Mode to advanced.
Now select a satellite, e.g. Astra 1 19.2E.
Set the LNB option to LNB 1.
scroll down to Diseqc Mode and set this to 1.2.
Scroll down to Use Usals for this Sat and set that to No.
Scroll to Store Position and enter the corresponding number, to your V-Box II.
Once finished save and exit.
Then enter the Tuner A option again, select a different satellite, like Hotbird 13E, enter the same settings, as above, and add the V-Box II position for 13E, and save.
Keep doing this until you've added all your satellites.
Once completed every time you select a channel, from a different satellite, on your VU+, the dish should automatically move to it, without using your V-Box II remote.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
You need to set up your Tuner, to match your VU+ receiver.
First off do you have the LNB cable going into your V-Box II, then connected to your satellite receiver?
If so you next need to make a note of how your satellites are set up, on your V-Box II, e.g. 19.2E position 1, etc...
Once you have these you need to set up your tuner, to match.
Go into the menu, Setup, Service Searching, Tuner Configuration.
Select Tuner A, and set Config Mode to advanced.
Now select a satellite, e.g. Astra 1 19.2E.
Set the LNB option to LNB 1.
scroll down to Diseqc Mode and set this to 1.2.
Scroll down to Use Usals for this Sat and set that to No.
Scroll to Store Position and enter the corresponding number, to your V-Box II.
Once finished save and exit.
Then enter the Tuner A option again, select a different satellite, like Hotbird 13E, enter the same settings, as above, and add the V-Box II position for 13E, and save.
Keep doing this until you've added all your satellites.
Once completed every time you select a channel, from a different satellite, on your VU+, the dish should automatically move to it, without using your V-Box II remote.

Have already done all this, I actually move the dish to the right satellite when I choose a channel on another satellite
from favorite or if I go directly to satellite selections in the menu.
The problem is that if I want to record a channel, the receiver does not want to change satellite.

Edit:
I have had a motor dish since the early 80's and v-box many years so I can plug in such a box

Last edited:

Mick12334

I have a similar set up, VU+ Duo 2, 1.2M channel Master dish, and a V-Box II, and have found no problems, with Blackhole.
I haven't tried it yet, with Open Blackhole, which I'm currently using.
Which image do you have loaded?
How are you setting your Timers, and selecting the channels?

mrbeach

Vu+ User
I have a similar set up, VU+ Duo 2, 1.2M channel Master dish, and a V-Box II, and have found no problems, with Blackhole.
I haven't tried it yet, with Open Blackhole, which I'm currently using.
Which image do you have loaded?
How are you setting your Timers, and selecting the channels?
I use Open Wix 5 0 023 and i set recording from EPG

The strange thing is that the dish moves quite well when I choose channels from all other menus

mrbeach

Vu+ User
I use Open Wix 5 0 023 and i set recording from EPG

The strange thing is that the dish moves quite well when I choose channels from all other menus
Tested now with my VU + Solo2 and it worked just like I wanted the dish moved to the right satellite and started recording.
Have the same image on it so no difference

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Tested now with my VU + Solo2 and it worked just like I wanted the dish moved to the right satellite and started recording.
Have the same image on it so no difference

There is actually a difference on solo2 is a 4 0 .. image to test with it on my duo 2

mrbeach

Vu+ User
There is actually a difference on solo2 is a 4 0 .. image to test with it on my duo 2

I tested going to openvix-4.2.030.release same as I have on my VU + Solo2
without success frown1.gif

Start getting sick and tired of Duo2
Think I sell it and keep my solo2 mad2.gifmad2.gif

Mick12334

Check your timer log, to see if you've made any mistakes, the timers should still be listed, also check your settings, to see if you have any extensions, for timers, prior to recordings, and after recordings, to allow for programs starting early, or finishing late.
In your first post you stated a VU+ Duo, now you state that it's a VU+ Duo 2, which model is it?
Thsi forum is for Blackhole, and Open Blackhole, not for Openvix, perhaps you should post on an openvix forum, to see if anyone else is experiencing similar problems.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Check your timer log, to see if you've made any mistakes, the timers should still be listed, also check your settings, to see if you have any extensions, for timers, prior to recordings, and after recordings, to allow for programs starting early, or finishing late.
In your first post you stated a VU+ Duo, now you state that it's a VU+ Duo 2, which model is it?
Thsi forum is for Blackhole, and Open Blackhole, not for Openvix, perhaps you should post on an openvix forum, to see if anyone else is experiencing similar problems.
Ok my mstake it is a DUO+
And i will test Blackhole, and Open Blackhole what is the differen betven them?

Mick12334

Blackhole is based on the official VU+ image, so slightly more limited, especially for Kodi, as it still uses v17.0, whereas Open Blackhole has more options, and Kodi 17.3.
Both are good images, but depends if you use Kodi, a lot.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Blackhole is based on the official VU+ image, so slightly more limited, especially for Kodi, as it still uses v17.0, whereas Open Blackhole has more options, and Kodi 17.3.
Both are good images, but depends if you use Kodi, a lot.
Trying to install open blackhole but the box stays in "booting"

nunigaia

Trying to install open blackhole but the box stays in "booting"

Before starting flashing your STB ( Duo2 ):

1. Prepare an USB device with the right firmware.
  2. Power OFF your Duo2.
  3. Remove all usb devices connected to your STB.
  4. Insert the Media that contains the firmware.
  5. Power ON in your STB ...
  6. When you get a message on the VFD screen ... press the liitte next to the front USB Port where you have connected the USB Media that contains the firmware.
  7. Wait until it´s done.
best regards
nunigaia

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Is this after the image has loaded?
If the USB stick isn't recognized then it should boot up as normal.
Try a different uSB stick, I find the cheaper, older, and smaller ones, work best, once formatted to FAT 32.
You might want to download Open Blackhole 1.0 again, in case it's corrupted.
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/openbh-1-0-vu-duo2.32303/

It is Okay now!
I'm loaded the image again :) But !!! Still the same problem with recording the dish does not go to the correct channel

I'll be crazy soon!!!

Mick12334

How are yoo scanning in channels, and setting up bouquets?
Why not use dreamboxedit, or dreamset, and copy the list, from your VU+ Solo 2, to your receiver?
First you could test your receiver by doing a fresh installation, setting up a few satellites, manually scanning in afew channels, then testing it.
With Open Blackhole there is a default safety margin, for recordings, a few minutes before, and after, that might stop a second recording time being allowed.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
How are yoo scanning in channels, and setting up bouquets?
Why not use dreamboxedit, or dreamset, and copy the list, from your VU+ Solo 2, to your receiver?
First you could test your receiver by doing a fresh installation, setting up a few satellites, manually scanning in afew channels, then testing it.
With Open Blackhole there is a default safety margin, for recordings, a few minutes before, and after, that might stop a second recording time being allowed.
The list, from my VU+ Solo 2 did not Help
fresh installation i will test later .

Mick12334

When I get time I will set a couple of test recordings, on my Duo2, using Open Blackhole, I know everything worked, when I had Blackhole installed, but I haven't tried multiple recordings, with Open Blackhole, yet.

Mick12334

This morning I set 3 random timers, using Open Blackhole, on my VU+ Duo 2.
To make it eay I went to the satellite, selected a channel, and used the EPG options, to set a timer, so far it's working,
I started with my dish on 19.2E, and at the set time it moved to 0.8W, finished the recording, and has now moved back to 19.2E, to record the second program.
I shall let it run throught he test, but I have no doubt it will also complete the third recording.
timers.jpg