Vu + drivers for asiasat 5

asanga

Vu+ Newbie
NO SOLUTIONS YET, just keep waiting as I hope these drivers update will be coming sometime this month, but no gurantees, just dont understand how VU+ could make such a mistake, disappointed.

sato

Vu+ Newbie
In Europe we can test high SR and DVB-S2 on 27.5W - BBC feedchannels:
hxxp://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=1524

Dreambox 800HDse has signal on this transponder and after scan channels were found and saved to list.
My Vu+UNO also has signal on this high SR = 44100 DVB-S2 transponder, but after scan - no channels found. You have similar problem on Asiasat - very high SR & DVB-S2.
+
Manual scan on this 27.5W freq. took about 50 seconds and only then comes "no services found" , usually single transponder scan takes only few seconds.

On 53.0E there is a transponder with SR = 44950:
hxxp://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=1221
... but it's DVB-S and problem with this transponder high SR was fixed somewhere in summer 2011.

Uno/Ultimo owners can test on 27.5W, maybe I'm wrong...
(Also with older BH 1.6.6 no channels were found on 27.5W)

Hi andres66,

I have spoken to my friend EnoSat, who explained to me why is the BBC packet so problematic. The problem is that the PMT is missing and Enigma thinks that the stations are FTA. Enigma can not decode any stream if there`s no info about CAIDs and PIDs. The BBC packet has the PMT information encrypted, so enigma is confused.... The only way is to edit the lamedb file manually, but even then you will get only names of the channels. The same is about DM. It may store channels, but the only info you can get is SID information as other will be shown as 1FFF.
The conclusion is that BBC is simply impossible to clear on linux boxes because of the crypted PMT information. But there are boxes, where you can edit the necessary info and they keep it that way. For examples Dr HD F15 & 16, TBS computer cards...
Here`s the Intelsat 907 reception by EnoSat on his Dr.HD F16 box in January 2012:

The following pictures show successful reception of TV channels on the TBS 5925 USB card. It was necessary to enter valid VPid, APid and encryption system (BISS) manually as because of the encrypted PMT info none of that information is available. Encrypted PMTs are marked red.

capture_001_26012012_193644.png

capture_012_24012012_224607.png

I know it doesn`t solve the problem, but I hope it will explain why it is so difficult to receive. Today 13.7.2012 there is no lock on this frequency with Gibertini 100cm. So something`s going on.

27w11495.png

Unfortunately we can not help out with Asiasat 5 as it is under our horizon, but you may have the same problem there as we do have here.
EnoSat is willing to help you if somebody of you guys has a PC card to run a Trans Edit software or is willing to record a stream by Crazy Scan software for a couple of minutes and then upload it on Rapidshare or somewhere. It will be over 100Mb big file.... How to do it is shown here:

janisoon

Vu+ Newbie
asanga
How You Compere VU+UNO WITH VU+DUO I like to buy one of them and im also from Asia ! and watch aisasat 5 dishtv hd kindly give me advice which one is good for me

asanga

Vu+ Newbie
asanga
How You Compere VU+UNO WITH VU+DUO I like to buy one of them and im also from Asia ! and watch aisasat 5 dishtv hd kindly give me advice which one is good for me

If your main aim is to watch dish tv hd then you should buy VU+ DUO, because VU+ Duo is the only receiver that is able to catch all the 4 transponders for DISHTV HD. VU+ UNO and VU+ ULTIMO can only get one transponder (only SD channels from DISHTV HD). I dont know when the issue will be fixed for vu uno and ultimo.... at this moment DISH TV HD u can get only from VU DUO , but VU Uno is better than Vu Duo, so its really up to you .....

Hi Everyone.. looks like VU+ has done a fix for this issue. Follow the below steps

1) go to plugins and then addons AND THEN ONLY choose fpga upgrade,

2) then download this file using this link - http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/lowbr/UNO_TS_PRO.dat
then u have to send this file to tmp folder thru dcc and close dcc. and then in the receiver go to pluigns file browser and go to tmp folder and install the .dat file.

3) when you install it it will take about 5 minutes.

4) then download and using winrar unzip the file - http://archive.vuplus.com/download/...dvb-modules-vuuno-3.1.1-4.4.3-20120809.tar.gz

you will find 4 files and then send the 4 files to lib/modules/3.1.1/extra/ and replace the old files

the 4 files are brcmfb.ko, dvb-bcm7413.ko, fpga_directc.ko, procmk.ko

5) restart receiver and then search for channels using frequencies and then
vu uno should lock the channels HD.

ilmago

BH Lover
is that problem only with asiasat ? I think that we don't have any channels with high sr in europe, is it?

asanga

Vu+ Newbie
DEAR MR GAMINI , NEXT TIME YOU SHOULD REFER WHO GAVE YOU THESE STEPS, BECAUSE I WAS THE ONE THAT SEND YOU THESE STEPS, IT IS VERY UNFAIR OF YOU TO COPY AND PASTE SUCH MATERIAL WITHOUT REFERENCING THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT OR WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION.

Regards

Hi Everyone.. looks like VU+ has done a fix for this issue. Follow the below steps

2) then download this file using this link - http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/lowbr/UNO_TS_PRO.dat
then u have to send this file to tmp folder thru dcc and close dcc. and then in the receiver go to pluigns file browser and go to tmp folder and install the .dat file.

4) then download and using winrar unzip the file - http://archive.vuplus.com/download/...dvb-modules-vuuno-3.1.1-4.4.3-20120809.tar.gz

you will find 4 files and then send the 4 files to lib/modules/3.1.1/extra/ and replace the old files

DEAR MR GAMINI , NEXT TIME YOU SHOULD REFER WHO GAVE YOU THESE STEPS, BECAUSE I WAS THE ONE THAT SEND YOU THESE STEPS, IT IS VERY UNFAIR OF YOU TO COPY AND PASTE SUCH MATERIAL WITHOUT REFERENCING THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT OR WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION.

Regards
Asanga, I'm sorry.. just wanted to help the community out.

Ali noor

Vu+ Newbie

@ Asanga/ Gamini: This technique doesn't seem to resolve the asiasat (100.5e) tuning issue on my Vu Uno. I am running BH 1.7.6. I did the whole procedure twice just to be Psure but to no avail. If I am Not wrong I have to copy "TS_PRO.DAT" file to tmp and then run it from the Menu-Plugins-FPGA Upgrade Menu (but rather than choosing to download I should just install the one I transferred yo tmp folder correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

andres66

Vu+ Newbie
..... In Europe we can test high SR and DVB-S2 on 27.5W - BBC feedchannels:
hxxp://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=1524

Dreambox 800HDse has signal on this transponder and after scan channels were found and saved to list.
My Vu+UNO also has signal on this high SR = 44100 DVB-S2 transponder, but after scan - no channels found. You have similar problem on Asiasat - very high SR & DVB-S2.
+
Manual scan on this 27.5W freq. took about 50 seconds and only then comes "no services found" , usually single transponder scan takes only few seconds, ....
Just for info -
FPGA-4.5 update + new drivers (20-08-2012) ...
and Vu+UNO now can store this BBC package transponder (27.5W)
It's DVB S2 and QPSK.

Attachments

• 27.5W_20-08-12.jpg
    27.5W_20-08-12.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 56

Ev0

Admin
Just for info -
FPGA-4.5 update + new drivers (20-08-2012) ...
and Vu+UNO now can store this BBC package transponder (27.5W)
It's DVB S2 and QPSK.
I still can not scan these with my ultimo after the upgrade.

Any chance you can post your channel list, and I will upload to my ultimo to see if it will see them then.