VU running 25 minutes late

coss

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all,

I have a solo with bh 1.7.5.
The problem is with the clock time, its always 25 mins late.

The timezone is set correctly, and it works, i can move the time +1h +2h etc, but the 25 min drift is always there.
I tried booting the solo on other channels/ providers but nothing changes...
Can anyone help me? The epg is almost useless this way..

Matrix10

Administrator
Go to a transponder that has a good time.
For example on Astra 19.2 e RTL,ZDF
Turn off the receiver, and again Turn on.

coss

Vu+ Newbie
I don't have Astra, just Hispasat 30w for the moment. But i tryed Turning on the receiver in many diferent channels, and i know they provide good time to other (cheaper) receiver.
Unfortunally that doesn´t solve it.

Go to a transponder that has a good time.
For example on Astra 19.2 e RTL,ZDF
Turn off the receiver, and again Turn on.

Matrix10

Administrator
I don't have Astra, just Hispasat 30w for the moment. But i tryed Turning on the receiver in many diferent channels, and i know they provide good time to other (cheaper) receiver.
Unfortunally that doesn´t solve it.

strange
Then I do not know.
I do not have such a problem with VU boxis.

kim1406

Vu+ Newbie
Search for ntpdate plugin and use it to sync your time with internet, instead of transponder's time, I always use it and it is working fine.

coss

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks i will try it in a few days if i can´t get it to work from the transponder time.

I did a test seting the time manually with the "date" comand via telnet, time changed ok, but wen i restart the vu after a few seconds it will set the time from the transponder but with the 25min delay.
So it is getting the time from the transponder but its not correct... anyone can get a explanation?

a911

The BH Lover
Thanks i will try it in a few days if i can´t get it to work from the transponder time.

I did a test seting the time manually with the "date" comand via telnet, time changed ok, but wen i restart the vu after a few seconds it will set the time from the transponder but with the 25min delay.
So it is getting the time from the transponder but its not correct... anyone can get a explanation?

Try this new time fix plug-in.

Attachments

• enigma2-timeupdate.rar
    32.9 KB · Views: 101

coss

Vu+ Newbie
As an update to this problem:

I flashed the Solo with a fresh BH 1.7.5, for my surprise the clock was set correctly after i tuned a channel. I thought the problem was solved.
I got a bigger surprise when i saw that after some hours of usage the clock was late 2 or 3 mins and now is more and more late, about 15 minutes.

It seems to work but i am not sure yet, only after a few reboots and some usage time was set correctly, i am still testing.

1) Use "DCC", :idea:
2) Start "TELNET", :lamo:
3) Execute: "date -s hh:mm:ss" :yahoo:
4) Restart your Box. :sleep:

Like i told on the my last post, telnet sets the clock right but after the restart the clock goes late again.

coss

Vu+ Newbie

The plugin works, sets time correctly but after some hours it goes late again, more and more late as hours pass. I would have to install the plugin every day to keep the box with the time set.

hjortenhag

Vu+ Newbie
Finally, I found this thread with someone with the same problem I have with the clock/time. I have an VU+ Uno. I've tried everything (at least feels like that), but the clock still goes late after some time. I've temporarily solved it with a cron job that executes ntpdate -b -s -u pool.ntp.org every minute, both it's a really dirty solution. I need the clock to be right every minute to add timers etc.. I believe my issue began sometime in August/early september. I've tried a bunch of different images, both old and the latest versions - still the same issue. Could this be a driver/firmware issue of some kind? Anyone with a real solution to the problem?

BR

Matrix10

Administrator
What channels and transponders generally you look / use ??
Do you have a problem at the moment
and on which channel ??

hjortenhag

Vu+ Newbie
That's a fast response :)
4.8E Astra 4A & SES 5
0.8W Ku-band Thor 5/6 & Intelsat 10-02

I read at a Swedish forum that a bunch of guys with dreambox's solved a similar problem by zaping to SVT1 (a public channel in Sweden) and then shutdown the box for some minutes and then boot it up again. I am trying it as we speak. It take some time for the clock to go late so because of that it always takes long time to test if the problem is solved. I believe the issue is more often when the box is in standby though.
Do you believe the clock needs to be at a specific channel sometimes to keep the offline/hardware clock from "jumping in time"?

Matrix10

Administrator
So I have test for you.
If I put the wrong time
in my receiver with this telnet command:

date -s YYYY.MM.DD-hh:mm:ss

example :

date -s 2012.10.01-21:25:00

and I do zap to the channel with a good time
After a short time
receiver automatically synchronizes Time with those from transponder.

If this time which the transponder sends
is wrong
then the time will be wrong on the receiver.

The reason for the problem is the synchronization of time compared to a transponder that sends the wrong time

hjortenhag

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your effort. I did as you said and the transponder gave me the correct time. But I think the problem is deeper as I've tried totally disabled the transponder time sync (/etc/enigma2/setting usetransponder false..)
And even without internet connection the clock was jumping. I'm crossing my fingers that zaping to SVT1, shutting down for a few minutes, and booting is going to solve this, though I don't really believe it is.

Do you know what the LED lights in the VFD (Vu+ Uno) means? Red/orange/green. I thought it was if my 2.5" harddrive was working or not, but at this moment neither LED is litten up so I don't think so. It's complety random (it seems) which color it chooses to display. Sorry if this is OT, but I want to make sure that it doesn't mean that it's anything is wrong with my box or even causing the clock to show wrong time after a while.

Matrix10

Administrator
Thanks for your effort. I did as you said and the transponder gave me the correct time. But I think the problem is deeper as I've tried totally disabled the transponder time sync (/etc/enigma2/setting usetransponder false..)
And even without internet connection the clock was jumping. I'm crossing my fingers that zaping to SVT1, shutting down for a few minutes, and booting is going to solve this, though I don't really believe it is.

Do you know what the LED lights in the VFD (Vu+ Uno) means? Red/orange/green. I thought it was if my 2.5" harddrive was working or not, but at this moment neither LED is litten up so I don't think so. It's complety random (it seems) which color it chooses to display. Sorry if this is OT, but I want to make sure that it doesn't mean that it's anything is wrong with my box or even causing the clock to show wrong time after a while.

Hm
I am currently on VUultimo
I have not noticed the disco lights on my VUUno.
But I have no internal HDD,
I have the network HDD.