VU running 25 minutes late

hjortenhag

Vu+ Newbie
I still think that this is due to a transponder on which you test.

I tried to use time from both my trasponders, same issue. But it's still the same issue even if i only have power connected to the box (no internet, no satellitecable). I made a cronjob that echo the time every minute to a file and I can see that every 30 minutes (not always 09.00-09.30, it can be 09.14-09.44 as well) it changes the time. I have tried both transponder and NTP sync, and at this moment it's at transponder sync so it's not the NTP-update (which I did set to once per day to filter out that thats not the issue) What can this be!? Is there more logs I can look at, or create, to see what's happening at these minutes? I tried the debug-logs from the menu but it didn't log timestamps. :confused:

BR

Matrix10

Administrator
I really do not know what is the problem with your box and time sync,
because I've never had such a problem.
And I've changed a lot of boxes.

Unfortunately I can not help you in this.

Rgd MX

hjortenhag

Vu+ Newbie
Lol.. It's not strange that you never had this problem.. After some weeks of trying to fix it with all possible solutions and almost ready to give up and use the ntpdate fix, I disabled my RF Remote Extender (cheap crap) to my Vu+ Remote, which is located some few cm from my box, the issue seems to be solved.. It has been working since yesterday evening (knock on wood!!!!!!).. Well, at least I learned a lot on the road.

Thank you for your effort and sorry for taking up your time with something that (most likely) wasn't even a problem with the receiver.
By the way, do anyone know why a RF Extender would interfere with a "harware clock"? This is not my best subject :)

Matrix10

Administrator
Possibly he produces harmonious frequencies
affecting the operation of the internal clock.

Maybe another brand would not do it.
You can try it with metal casing if possible for RF converter

rabih

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I'm facing the same problem but I had to install a different images that contain the ntpdate package...
I would love to use the initial black hole image but this does not seem to have an ntpdate package, how are you using ntpdate?

salampalace

Vu+ Newbie
I have same Time problem with Vu+Ultimo using BlackHole 1.7.8
i reinstall the BH image, it fixed the time problem, but not stay for long, time problem comeback
what channel can i try on Nilesat or Atlantic Bird 7.0°W

Thanks

a911

The BH Lover
I have same Time problem with Vu+Ultimo using BlackHole 1.7.8
i reinstall the BH image, it fixed the time problem, but not stay for long, time problem comeback
what channel can i try on Nilesat or Atlantic Bird 7.0°W

Thanks

Would not matter,,,issue will re happen after a while,,,but try Arabia on 7 west,,,anyway!
(Try the Fix file)

salampalace

Vu+ Newbie
file (enigma2-plugin-extensions-timeupdate_0.1.0-r0_linux-sat_mipsel.ipk)
installed sucsisfully and i restart Reciever but can not find the plugin in the plugin list,
any idea!!!