Solo Vu+ Solo SE - poor tuner??

Pade2204

Vu+ Newbie
Well, the same USB could not flash the SOLO the 4th time. New USB made it work (WTF??)

Oh well, I have Black Hole on now, with cables.xml

and still nothing works. Only 1 SID found.

Im starting to cry :/

Pade2204

Vu+ Newbie
Ofcourse - attached

Attachments

• 2014-08-25 22.32.41.jpg
    2014-08-25 22.32.41.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2014-08-25 22.34.38.jpg
    2014-08-25 22.34.38.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 2014-08-25 22.34.53.jpg
    2014-08-25 22.34.53.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 22

Ev0

Admin
Set the provider to CableBruteforce All and then go to manual scan, change type of scan to complete, and then Network scan to Yes and try again

Pade2204

Vu+ Newbie
I tried to do the CableBruteforce and automatic scan - it found 89 channels this time!! Thats something. Many channels seem "scrambled"...

So any frquencies I might have missed ?

...and why is the freqeincies different to the Duo2 list ? weird...

Ev0

Admin
Well I think that proves that the SoloSE and the tuner are both ok.

You can try your duo2 channel list on your SE it might work.

Not sure how many channels you have with your cable provider anyway.

Pade2204

Vu+ Newbie
The channel list is totally the same - same channels that pixels and the same 2-4 channels that work.

I noticed the 89 services, many of these channels are not "normal" channels, but PPV channels - someone with a small package can buy channels from that list.

So, I guess we have NOT concluded that the tuner is poor or faulty yet ? :)

Ev0

Admin
I really don't know what else to suggest.

You say you are used to using PLi images, but they do not have a SoloSE image yet, so maybe try OpenATV as that is an OE-Alliance image which is based on OpenPLi I believe and is available for the SoloSE.

Pade2204

Vu+ Newbie
note... old channelslist from Duo2 didnt work... but the channels full search found 250+ channels, and everything is fine

Ev0

Admin
Glad to hear you got it working.

If you find the cables.xml file from the openatv image, and post it here, it might help others in future as it should work just fine with all images.

Ev0

Admin
Here it is!
Thanks, it's a much bigger file, so alot more frequency's in there than the one I posted earlier.

That will work fine with all images so you won't have any problems in future if you keep a copy of that cables.xml