Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vu+ UNO Firmware Upgrade

Discussion in 'Vu+ General HowTo & Guides' started by Mito, Jul 23, 2011.

1. humaxboy

humaxboy Vu+ Newbie

I have this two reception issues using Vu+Uno :

a) Turksat 42 E, 11896 H DVB-S2/8PSK 11200 2/3 -> despite good quality signal, the picture has permanent blocks (errors - see picture - in the middle ot it there is an error).Tuner Status shows as there would be a DVB-S signal what is wrong.

b) very low SR, for example Eurobird 2 (25,5E) 11039 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 SR 1534 FEC 3/4 or Express 53 E SR 1447 FEC 3/4 -> despite good quality signal, signal disappears and a few moments later the signal is back on (at 25,5 E max 93% quality)

All mentioned frequencies are 100% receivable, because my previous receiver had no problems with it what so ever.
    My opinion is that there is something wrong with tuner drivers or vu+ has to fix this. Can somebody check mentioned 3 frequencies and reply if somebody has the same problems ? [​IMG]

Thanks in advance !

Humaxboy

2. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

I would ask other members to make the test
    if you can .But with the last image.

Thanks

3. bojja

bojja Vu+ User

@Humaxboy,What channel list are using,and always you use the same list from the same author?

4. humaxboy

humaxboy Vu+ Newbie

I always use my own channel list, but I can try to use it from somebody else. I can also say, that I did manual scan one more time and result was the same.

Humaxboy

5. humaxboy

humaxboy Vu+ Newbie

If I can add to that : there seems to be a problem with all the frequencies where SR is below 2000 !! Another example : Eurobird 2 (25,5E) 11171 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 1780 3/4 Jamawar Kurdistan.

Humaxboy

6. bojja

bojja Vu+ User

Did you tried another lnb?If you are going to try another channel list ,do a fresh image first of all,and then try another list, i prefer c@jton's,if you are going to try this,i suggest you to do it with the opendbedit and not with the dreamboxedit cause sometimes don't work with this.

7. humaxboy

humaxboy Vu+ Newbie

Before doing any tests with other LNB's or channel list is there somebody who can find a signal on any satellite and try a frequency where SR is below 2000 or above mentioned frequency on Turksat. Thanks !!

8. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

Do you know any other channels on other satellites
    where it can be tested with a problem that you noted.
    These satellites are for me in a bad position, and I can not test.

Does anyone else could confirm that above
    or not to confirm ... ?

9. humaxboy

humaxboy Vu+ Newbie

@Matrix10 - the problem is that not many people has motorised systems and such errors could be only spotted by few people. And until somebody confirm or not confirm me my problem i will assist on the fact that this problem exists.
    Can you receive Eutelsat on 21,6 ? If yes try 10978 V DVB-S/MPEG-4 1447 3/4 - same problem :mad:

Humaxboy

10. humaxboy

humaxboy Vu+ Newbie

Ok, i see that almost nobody is interested in this issue :sad:.
    Just to remind you, that problematic Eurobird 2 (25,5E) 11039 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 SR 1534 FEC 3/4 is receivable in Europe with 80 cm antennas..
    Can somebody suggest me how to get in contact with people in Vu+? I saw that they have a support mail, maybe somebody there will help me.

Humaxboy

11. dimfil

dimfil BH Lover

Are you sure you have upgraded to the latest FPGA?

12. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

Unfortunately I can not test on any of these frequencies
    because I have bad reception.

I ask agn the other members who can make the test
    to make a test report.

13. humaxboy

humaxboy Vu+ Newbie

I got an answer from @andres66 member. It seems to be a problem with new enigma kernel...

14. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

enigma kernel ??

I really doubt abt kernel,
    It can be the difference in drivers
    But I can not ask VU + for help if we not have even more those who have noted this problem
    and have make test with BH 1.7.2 or other new images.

15. andres66

andres66 Vu+ Newbie

On 25.5E for these radiochannels (11039 V) I have SNR 99%
    and NO audio dropouts with Vu+UNO and BlackHole-1.6.6, yesterday I was on Metro_FM ~ 60 minutes.

But ... I when I started to test, I had no signal with sometimes earlier automatic scanned and saved channels, where SR was 1534 ,
    then I rescanned this frequency manually with SR 1536 and activated "clear before scan" option.

Can't get here in my location this Turksat HD channels Freq. , as it's on "east beam", no signal here with 1.8m primefocus dish, "europe beam" is ok.

It was tested on older BH-1.6.6 (drivers 22.11.2011) ,
    owners of motorized dish can test these radiochannels on latest BH1.7.2.

Attached Files:

Matrix10 likes this.
  16. humaxboy

humaxboy Vu+ Newbie

Find another frequency to test : Eut 10 E, 12605 H SR 1630 FEC 5/6. The dropout are very rare (!), but they are occuring cca. 30 second.
    Humaxboy

17. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

What is the name of TV channel

18. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

Tandberg ??

Ok I will test

19. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

I have test 5 min on VUplus Ultimo no problems,no dropout here.

Now i will test on VU Uno

20. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

Tandberg Eut 10 E, 12605 H SR 1630 FEC 5/6
    (I have manual scan this channel)
    I can not really conclude any dropout here
    I have test with VU UNO and VU Ultimo.

Image BH 1.7.2
    I have the same channel Tandberg (@Likra settings)
    on 12602 H SR 1630 4/5 also NO dropout in sig/picture.

I have SNR 70%