Watch TV when scanning for new channels.

Jotne

Vu+ Newbie
I have a VU+ Duo.
While I do a scan for new channels I am able to use my PC as TV, streaming from the second tuner.
Would it be possible to see TV using the built in tuner while scanning for channels using second tuner?
Maybe some software mod would be required, but I do not see why it should not be possibly.

With 13 LNB a full scan takes several hours, so this would be a nice feature.

boyofford

Vu+ User
Think you can switch channel using android vu+ app as think I've done it whilst scanning, obviously using a free tuner...... However can't remember if scan worked properly in end. I'm due a re scan so will try again when do.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

paolino

Vu+ User+++
13LNBs!? How have you got that configured if you dont mind us asking?

Take a look in your tuner settings, select advanced. It's not bad too to read on web Diseqc specifications. ;)

boyofford

Vu+ User
Take a look in your tuner settings, select advanced. It's not bad too to read on web Diseqc specifications. ;)
Calm down mate, I know how it would be done I suppose at least in theory, was just impressed that he had so many different lnbs connected up.
I use a simple 2.1 DiSEqC switch going into one of my tuners myself.
No need for the tone mate.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Calm down mate, I know how it would be done I suppose at least in theory, was just impressed that he had so many different lnbs connected up.
I use a simple 2.1 DiSEqC switch going into one of my tuners myself.
No need for the tone mate.

My response was not done to make you angry :fie:. I can't now how high are your knowledges.
Your question was: 13LNBs!? How have you got that configured if you dont mind us asking?.
So I gave you an answer.

I'm very sorry for misunderstanding. I apologize to you.

Jotne

Vu+ Newbie
I do now how to select different tuners, but I like to be able to see my TV normal, without streaming, while channel search are performed on the free tuner in back ground.

My setup is like this
Tuner A - DiSEqC 16 to 1
8W LNB1
5-4W LNB2
0.8W LNB3
4.8W LNB4
7W LNB5
9-10W LNB6
13W LNB7
16W LNB8
19.2E LNB9
23.5E LNB10
28.2E LNB11
33E LNB12
All above on same T90. There are very little space for the 7E, so its just fixed between 4.8 and 9-10LNB using duct tape :)
33W LNB13 on a single parabol (T90 does not handle the span)

Tuner B - DiSEqC 4/1
0.8W
4.8E
13E
Using quad head on same T90

Get ca 12200 channels with this setup (lots of duplicate :) )

paolino

Vu+ User+++
It's not possible on enigma2. I recommend to you to load sat settings instead of scanning them.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
How do I do that?
Would you then have lots of channels that does not work i my area?

Load settings you are interested for from BH Green Panel (green > yellow). Afterthen you can edit your channels on PC (dreamboxedit or some other software).

boyofford

Vu+ User
I do now how to select different tuners, but I like to be able to see my TV normal, without streaming, while channel search are performed on the free tuner in back ground.

My setup is like this
Tuner A - DiSEqC 16 to 1
8W LNB1
5-4W LNB2
0.8W LNB3
4.8W LNB4
7W LNB5
9-10W LNB6
13W LNB7
16W LNB8
19.2E LNB9
23.5E LNB10
28.2E LNB11
33E LNB12
All above on same T90. There are very little space for the 7E, so its just fixed between 4.8 and 9-10LNB using duct tape :)
33W LNB13 on a single parabol (T90 does not handle the span)

Tuner B - DiSEqC 4/1
0.8W
4.8E
13E
Using quad head on same T90

Get ca 12200 channels with this setup (lots of duplicate :) )

Impressive, duct tape solves all:D
I ment use the app to zap to other channel on box, but it ain't much good because you can't see whole screen...... and I ain't checked it works but 90% sure I've done it.
Agree with you, would be good to do inbackground tho, 4000+ channels on my setup and that takes long enough.

boyofford

Vu+ User
pmsl, just looked up image of p90, don't think could get that by the mrs!:eek:
Was bad enough convincing her to get a larger second satellite dish:laugh:

Jotne

Vu+ Newbie
:)
I do fully understand you. Its not easy to hide.
And its some hard to setup, but after setup 8-10 of them I know how to get it going.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
No, it's not tricky. Parabola is a mirror and Wavefrontier is a curved mirror (reflects better to more points then normal one). And Diseqc allows to switch 16 LNB's. Alligne them is tricky :suda:.

boyofford

Vu+ User
Think you can switch channel using android vu+ app as think I've done it whilst scanning, obviously using a free tuner...... However can't remember if scan worked properly in end. I'm due a re scan so will try again when do.

Maybe doesn't work, just scanned both satellites and couldn't select a channel with app, maybe it worked last time because was scanning one tuner only, or maybe I imagined it! Either way, i'm now sat waiting!:rolleyes: