Announcements Xbmc soon in Black Hole image

Inferno

Vu+ Newbie
XBMC (Kodi [but really prefer the sound of XBMC as a name itself]) running directly on Vu+ Duo2 hardware will be outstanding and extremely useful especially if it (presumably) brings with it XBMC support for playing back PC/Mac format media files accessed over the network from a file server or even a USB key drive (temporarily) via front USB port.

Also isn't there already an option somewhere in XBMC to use it as a front end for Live TV Viewing, PVR functionality and EPG searching with timers? With either a Satellite STB (a plugin is required within the STB) or satellite tuner expansion cards in a PC providing the backend for that setup.

How about wireless USB RF mouse and keyboard input to Vu+ Duo2 to control XBMC in addition to regular IR Vu+ Remote?

But to have XBMC instead running directly on the Vu+ would be very useful as XBMC could also represent a simplified front end for less experienced family users to access enough functions of STB to not have to ask for help to set timers etc.

Brings the possibility of the Vu+ Box also being a media server (very low mains power consumption) there is a setting somewhere in (PC) XBMC related to that - will have to try & find it when I get back home - consider the possibilities of one 6TB disk inside the Vu+ and another 6TB disk external to the Vu+ connected on its ESATA port (still at full SATA 3.0 6GBPS wire speed) both holding media in the relatively higher compression ratios used on computers for media storage - the number of media files in the library accessed from the Vu+ could be pretty big!

There is also a chance that as XBMC would not be accessing a PC Video card via the massive amount of Hardware Abstraction Level (effectively graphics bloat-ware) imposed by Windows the ability to access the Vu+ Video processing chips directly & natively without a HAL in the way could give very impressive and snappy XBMC performance - what possibilities!

kemik

Vu+ Newbie
Awesome news!

Can't wait to test XBMC/Kodi on my Vu+ Solo2 thanks for all the efforts so far looking forward to the release!

qui3t

Vu+ Newbie
I used XBMC about 4 years on my pc beside my tv.
Then I bought a Solo2 and used PLEX and it is ok but it's not so comfortable as XBMC.
Recently I bought the FireTV only because of XBMC. But I hate to have more than one remote control :(
So FireTV will be sold again :)

Great news at the end of the year !!!

If you need another test person, please let me know :)

lamalama

Vu+ Newbie
merci thanks
Xbmc and OpenGL animations soon in your Vu+

Dear members,
Vu+ is working hard on software side to make your Vu+ box always better and to improve your fun.
Xbmc and OpenGL animations will be soon included in Black Hole images for your Vu+ soloSe, Solo2 and Duo2

Here is a little preview of Black Hole Xbmc (running on Solo2)

mosad

BH Lover
Very nice Black hole team

Please add file arabic language YouTube TV finished all translation

Last edited:

palces

Vu+ Newbie
When WU + DUO will have USB stick for more space, will by possible try XBMC (kodi)?

Or whitch hardware is poor for xbmc, graphic card, CPU, RAM...?

Last edited:

james81

Vu+ User
This is very very good news! If this could be perfected it would be bye bye for driod boxes. Willing tester for duo2! Thanks