Black Hole Vu+ Solo 1.6.7 kernel 3.1.1 beta2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorena

Vu+ Newbie
how is your disk formatted ??
Format drive in linux format via bh Devices manager format and mount.

The format is ok, under BH device, the recording starts, saving on HDD but at the moment the recoding stops. The red mark still blinking on infobar but no rec.
I have read on other forum about same problem.

Matrix10

Administrator
The format is ok, under BH device, the recording starts, saving on HDD but at the moment the recoding stops. The red mark still blinking on infobar but no rec.

Unfortunately I can not test,
because I do not use a USB drive
I have network drive.

Maybe someone from our team can test,
we shall see

Dachtus

Vu+ Newbie
Goodmorning and Merry Xmas to all of you!
I made some tests today, in order to find out what is going on with my external USB HDD and my STB, using the new Kernel (3.1.1) and Image (1.6.7)...
Unfortunately i couldn't understand the reason that made my HDD not working properly! :(
I took some screenshots and i will post them here in order to give you an idea of my efforts...
My HDD is WD Passport 500Gb...
I followed the next steps, as for its installation on my STB:
1: Formated in ext3 on my PC... and create 3 folders inside (movie, timeshift, record)
2: Inserted in the front usb slot on my STB
3: Mounted as media/hdd
screenshot7.jpg

4: Restart
5: Set the proper recording paths
6: Restart
7: Trying to start timeshift (yellow button) but nothing happens
8: Trying to record a channel (red button) indefinitely and i get this message (the record does not start)

screenshot.jpg

P.S. i have to tell you that when i tried to record other channel i got this message

screenshot2.jpg

that means that the STB and the recording command was OK!!!

9: Trying to restart the STB and i got this message... i press YES and the STB restarts
screenshot8.jpg

10: After all these i tried to check again all steps (of the installation of the HDD) and i realize that my HDD is sleeping (standby mode)
screenshot3.jpg
screenshot4.jpg

11: I decide to initialize the HDD from my STB now (second format)

screenshot6.jpg

and i get this message

screenshot9.jpg

12: Restart STB, set one more time the recording paths, restart again but still nothing...

I made the same tests while formating the HDD into NTFS file system with no success again...
I have to tell you that i made several times with the above steps, i tried to change the steps that be taken (the proper ones), i tried in general many things... but i got the same result...
No success...

I am writing these all because although i am not a fan of recording things with my STB, i want to test and benchmark this new image...
I want, of course, to have the option to program records for my tv with my STB but this is not my first line target...
I am on your duty to make this happen and work this image with no problem...

Have anybody an idea about the above malfunction?
I focus on the problem that the HDD is always sleeping, although i set it on NO STANDBY...
Maybe this problem does not let the recording process to work properly....

Attachments

• screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 14

mebken

Vu+ User
For me, I tested the recording in an external 500Go HDD for a movie (1h30) without any problem. I can play the recording movie too.

For Dachtus problem, I propose to separate HDD mount problem and recording problem:

First of all, TEST THAT YOUR STB MOUNT PROPERLY YOUR HDD and YOU HAVE ALL PERMISSIONS ON IT:
mount your HDD in your STB, connect by Telnet to your HDD and try to read or put some text file in your HDD to be sure the your STB recognize your HDD and there is no probleme in mounting (and securtiy) your HDD. You can try to copy a small file from /etc to /media/hdd

SOLO MAN

Vu+ Newbie
Goodmorning and Merry Xmas to all of you!
I made some tests today, in order to find out what is going on with my external USB HDD and my STB, using the new Kernel (3.1.1) and Image (1.6.7)...
Unfortunately i couldn't understand the reason that made my HDD not working properly! :(
Hi @Dachtus.

Please check power consumption of your HDD!!! The spinup of HDD requires 900-1000mA. Usb it's only 500mA.

Best Regards from Croatia.

Dachtus

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your support guys!
Well... i just made a notice...
I find out that when i mounted the HDD on STB (media/hdd), although i had already 3 folders (movie, timeshift, record) and i could set the recordings paths all right, the STB does not follow that...
To the point, although the root for the recordings paths was perfect, via FTP i saw that there was nothing inside the root /lost+found...
I create 3 new folders (movie, timeshift, record) and i set again the recording paths to this root and i have to tell you something strange...
The timeshift works perfect (HD channels included)!
The recording process, not... I set again to rec indefinitely an SD channel but it doesn't start...
I restarted the box and it messages me that there was a record on going...
I restarted it, by the way...
When STB was full booted the record process was still in progress but with no recording at all...
Isn't that strange?

My next step is to flash the STB again (1.6.7) and set the HDD the default storage to the rear usb slot of Solo...
Let's see what is going to happen... and if there is a success!
Sorry for that mess... i know that something is not going right with my STB or with my HDD or with the cooperation between them... I imagine that is not a fault of the image and there is something i do not make it 100% properly...
And i am telling that again... i make all these tests by curiosity and only... just for making conclusions and benchmarks...
Sorry if this is not the right thread (i propose Mod's, if he thinks that this is not good for the thread, please you can delete my previous posts in here)...

mebken

Vu+ User
For Dachtus: Could you just try to record by red button (not scheduled job for recording...)?
Press red and chosse option to record indefinitly and stop after 5minutes of test by red button again.

Dachtus

Vu+ Newbie
HDD and Recording problem are solved...
Clean image flash on Solo (1.6.7), formated HDD to NTFS (on my PC), set HDD at the rear USB slot of STB and the will known process in the menu of BH (mount, initialize, e.t.c)...
The next test is to plug into the rear USB slot of Solo a USB hub (powered) and plug an HDD (500Gb) and a USB stick (1Gb)...

My only question for the moment about this image is that although the HDD is working properly, i can still see the message that the HDD is sleeping on StandBy mode...
Even i choose the Standby option, the HDD is not shown as Running... but it is!

Thanks all the staff and the followers of this forum for their great help to any problem that appears!
We will be in touch!
Best wishes, though, to all the world!

lorena

Vu+ Newbie

I see that on V+ duo are the same troubles with recording time

mako 1348

Vu+ Newbie
سلام از دوستان کسی اینجا فارسی بلده
من این اسکینی که تو تصاویر بالاست رو میخواستم

Status
Not open for further replies.