Black Hole Vu+ Uno 1.7.8

budspanzer

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to all and thanks for the great job. This is the first time I upgade, from 1.7.2.
I use in my home with several options very usefull.
I wonder if this installation put to zero anything (excluded the hard drive) or if mantein some configurations.
Is it possible to save the configurations and add to the new firmware? What system should I have to use?

Thank you!

niglou

BH Lover
Try "Personnal Backup" from menu button.

If you flash a new image, all will be lost, except what you have on hard disk or usb key : movies, backup, picons etc.

Mito

Administrator
Hi to all and thanks for the great job. This is the first time I upgade, from 1.7.2.
I use in my home with several options very usefull.
I wonder if this installation put to zero anything (excluded the hard drive) or if mantein some configurations.
Is it possible to save the configurations and add to the new firmware? What system should I have to use?

Thank you!
Follow Niglou advice and remember to upgrade the firmware before to install the new image: http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-uno-firmware-upgrade.2955/

Yannis.21

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for a great image indeed.
I do have an issue with this version, I have installed CoolTVGuide 6.1 but the epg shows only what is playing now and after (2 events in all), after that it remains blank. It shouldn't be an issue with CoolTVGguide since I do have the same problem with the graphical EPG available from the image.
I am sure that with previous version I was able to see (and program for recording) many days ahead.
I deleted the epg.dat file from USB, loaded previous CoolTVGuide versions, added / removed EPG refresh, always the same result, epg shows only current and next event. In EPG Panel settings are OK, I also tried to manually download, always the same wall ahead, epg showing on;y current and next.

Any help extremely appreciated, starting to drive me crazy...
Yannis

Yannis.21

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for a great image indeed.
I do have an issue with this version, I have installed CoolTVGuide 6.1 but the epg shows only what is playing now and after (2 events in all), after that it remains blank. It shouldn't be an issue with CoolTVGguide since I do have the same problem with the graphical EPG available from the image.
I am sure that with previous version I was able to see (and program for recording) many days ahead.
I deleted the epg.dat file from USB, loaded previous CoolTVGuide versions, added / removed EPG refresh, always the same result, epg shows only current and next event. In EPG Panel settings are OK, I also tried to manually download, always the same wall ahead, epg showing on;y current and next.

Any help extremely appreciated, starting to drive me crazy...
Yannis
Sorry for the fuss, re-flashed the image again and everything is now working again as expected.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Is an update coming out soon? I am looking for improved support for HbbTV for the remainder this image is rockstable! Excellent work!!!
I really love it and my thanks go with the question.

Not all channels with HbbTV are working today with BH. The Dutch channels from Canal-Digitaal are divided into national and commercial channels. The NPO HbbTV service (national channels) is working fine but commercial channels are not an example being the RTL XL HbbTV service on a number of commercial channels. This service may require HbbTV version 2.0??? Read that somewhere.

On VU+ support a number of HbbTV updates do exist for the standard software which probably are not included into BH 1.7.8 yet.
No idea what they improved/added. I believe it is also possible to just update the new drivers provided, never tried that myself.

May be the next update comes with the new SW release for SOLO2 and/or the official support of HbbTV?

Shiro

BH-C
It is better to wait for the upgrade because we think that there will be important upgrades in the Vu+ git in the next two weeks.
To release an upgrade now have not sense. It could be "old" in a really short time.

florrepus

Vu+ Newbie
Unlike most who has responded, I am not at all happy with the image. Mainly because I live in a coutry were programs are never dub'ed, but only use subtitles are used. And subtitles work works poorly in this release.

Ex.: The subtitle button on the remote control does not work in playback mode, neither for HD (DVB-texting) nor for nor for normal channels (TTX texting).

There are no configuration possibilities for TXX texting. In all other imgaes I have used for VU+ and Dreamboxes it possible to configere font types, size, colours, background, if the texting should start from left or be centered, where the text lines should be placed on the screen etc. Only the default can be used, and with font 32 size they are too smal, and the lines are centrede, not starting from the left.

On DVB texting however, the font are twice as big with a grey background - very big and ugly!

KFL

Vu+ User
Forget Subtitle button and use Yellow Button (Audio/Subtitle). First menu shows you audio selection, then press yellow button again, second menu shows you subtitle selection. It works also with recorded program, also with HD.
BH images are very stable, but there are others. It is your choice!

florrepus

Vu+ Newbie
Forget Subtitle button and use Yellow Button (Audio/Subtitle). First menu shows you audio selection, then press yellow button again, second menu shows you subtitle selection. It works also with recorded program, also with HD.
BH images are very stable, but there are others. It is your choice!

Thank, it works as you said. I have also manged to change the font size by changing the file /usr/share/Enigma2/skin.xml , originally it is 32 where I have changed to red 40:
subtitles> <sub name="Subtitle_TTX" shadowOffset="3,3" shadowColor="#40101010" font="Regular;40"/> <sub name="Subtitle_Regular" shadowOffset="3,3" shadowColor="#40101010" font="Regular;40" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC"/> <sub name="Subtitle_Bold" shadowOffset="3,3" shadowColor="#40101010" font="Replacement;40" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC"/> <sub name="Subtitle_Italic" shadowOffset="3,3" shadowColor="#40101010" font="Regular;40" foregroundColor="#DCAAAA"/>

Reactions: KFL

papseman

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks a lot and it works fine , but one small issue ?? I use VU+Uno after upgrade
the issue is with "Black Hole Weather"
The new Black Hole Weather function is available via Main Menu.

after I change it to my country it start to give me green error coding message then it reboot by it self
every time happens now when I just open black hole weatheri cant change it to somewhere else.