Black Hole Vu+ Uno 2.0.2 - Meoboot Revenge

bojja

Vu+ User
Good evening my friends,after yesterday i installed this last image of 202 from 201,today i had some time to check about this new image,and i found that i am having problems from the network section....when i am doing the BH network test all the test is giving me good but the last one of Nameserver is giving me Unconfirmed. I tried for several times in the day to install the image from the begining but after a time the Namserver comes again Unconfirmed . Now i went again for the older image again of 201 and everything ok.

pepeluxo

Vu+ Newbie
can you please describe step by step what you're doing during adding new image to meoboot (including image names)?
Have finished testing it just now and it works.
1. put by ftp (filezilla) the image, for example BlackHole-2.0.2-vuuno_usb.zip (I also tried changing the name and other images)
2. MeoBoot -> Install image = Green Core!!!
thanks Darian23!!!

bogdanm

Good evening my friends,after yesterday i installed this last image of 202 from 201,today i had some time to check about this new image,and i found that i am having problems from the network section....when i am doing the BH network test all the test is giving me good but the last one of Nameserver is giving me Unconfirmed. I tried for several times in the day to install the image from the begining but after a time the Namserver comes again Unconfirmed . Now i went again for the older image again of 201 and everything ok.
Try setup DHCP image find all and after this back to your setup.

Matrix10

Administrator
@pepeluxo

I'm not sure abt your problem.
BUT
If you have not use the English language in the image
Try first to choose the English language.

bojja

Vu+ User
Try setup DHCP image find all and after this back to your setup.
DHCP i always make it unticked or No....i have other receivers and i do always the same.The 2.0.1 is working perfectly good on the same reciever and the network test went ok as well.Thanks for your help bogdanm

pepeluxo

Vu+ Newbie
strange

I really do not know,

I'd tried it all over again.
But immediately after installing the image, test MeoBoot.

I found the problem!
I installed the usb in /media/usb1 (who previously created)
This is not good, it has to be /media/hdd or /media/usb.

Thank you all for your help!

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Obviously I read the release notes, but it is not always very obvious what they bring regarding user functionality.
Any other good reasons beyond Meoboot to go for the BH 2.0.2 release or can those skip it if Meoboot is not used/desired?

Users not using additional plugins can work with the native BH image perfectly. When using many/big plugins either Meoboot or Parallel Universes is a must, This to avoid running into flash limitations which always be the case on all models except on the Ultimo. I am using Parallel Universes to full satisfaction as many others probably are doing also. Meoboot is the best choice for those which want to play/test many different images and different releases of various sources.
I am happy with BH;) why should I install this one or can I wait for the next release?

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
A question: What happens after the upgrade from BH 2.0.1 => BH 2.0.2 and next moving to an existing Universe stored on USB Universe (e.g. Avalon). Do I then get the old BH 2.0.1 settings back again with the new image or do I still need to do a specific backup/restore for that each Universe used?

I am currently making Settings Backups for the native Black Hole Universe. As there is no option to use different filenames this would require saving to different locations or renaming files manually per Universe used? Putting the Universe into the filename as an extension automatically would be an option?

Matrix10

Administrator
For those who have problems with the network
after image update (BH 2.0.2 A).
Switch to DHCP first in network Configuration to reset network
reboot.
After that, you can config your network if you like to change.

DNS name server is automatically configured
(though you can not see in Network panel)
you can also config manually.