Help Required!

truthist

Vu+ Newbie
Flashing a new image shouldn't affect the hard drive. I suggest first you should disconnect the receiver, from the mains, remove the top cover, and check to see if a connection has come loose.
If it hasn't you might have to remove the hard drive, from your receiver, and check it on a PC, this is very easy as they only use SATA connectors and usually just involves removing the side panel, from a PC, plugging it in, then re-connecting the power cable, to the PC, starting it up normally, and checking to see if the second hard drive is recognised.

Hmm I will try it thanks but when I connect the hard drive to the receiver the blue light on the hdd lights up which to me suggests that it is connecting ok. Obviously though something is not right.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hmm I will try it thanks but when I connect the hard drive to the receiver the blue light on the hdd lights up which to me suggests that it is connecting ok. Obviously though something is not right.
So it's internal or external HDD? For external use USB hub with external power supply