HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

speedz92

Vu+ Newbie
If you go into the Menu, select Information, and About, you should read Firmware, Blackhole 3.0.1.F, if you have loaded that image.
okay thanks it doesnt say the image that should have loaded does anyone know why it hasnt? it read the usb said update, flashing then finished but the image isnt on the box thanks!

Mick12334

That sounds like it might be the original image, from VU+.
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/
Can you please tell us how you loaded Blackhole.

speedz92

Vu+ Newbie
That sounds like it might be the original image, from VU+.
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/
Can you please tell us how you loaded Blackhole.
i extracted it to my formated usb plugged it in the front panel switched it on it said update so i pressed power button it the said reading programming scanning then flashing and said finished so i swithed it off from the back and then removed the usb
cheers!

Mick12334

That sounds correct, so far, except why did you switch it off at the rear?
Do you own the VU+ Duo 2?
If so let's try again:
Format your USB stick to FAT 32, on your PC.
Download, and uncompress, the latest VU~+ Duo 2 Blackhole image:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-3-0-1-f-vu-duo2-oe-3.27276/

Once unzipped load the vuplus folder onto your USB stick.
Go to your receiver and switch it off, at the rear.
Pull down the front flap, on the right hand side, and insert the USB stick.
Switch on the receiver, at the rear, and then hold down the power button, behind the front flap, near the USB stick.
Once it says formatting stop pressing the button and let the image load.
At the completion of loading it should re-boot, at which point you can remove the USB stick.
After it re-boots it should have a GUI screen, (User Interface), allowing you to configure Blackhole.

speedz92

Vu+ Newbie
That sounds correct, so far, except why did you switch it off at the rear?
Do you own the VU+ Duo 2?
If so let's try again:
Format your USB stick to FAT 32, on your PC.
Download, and uncompress, the latest VU~+ Duo 2 Blackhole image:

Once unzipped load the vuplus folder onto your USB stick.
Go to your receiver and switch it off, at the rear.
Pull down the front flap, on the right hand side, and insert the USB stick.
Switch on the receiver, at the rear, and then hold down the power button, behind the front flap, near the USB stick.
Once it says formatting stop pressing the button and let the image load.
At the completion of loading it should re-boot, at which point you can remove the USB stick.
After it re-boots it should have a GUI screen, (User Interface), allowing you to configure Blackhole.
hi mick yes its the duo2 ive just repeated these instructions... it never says formatting and it isnt rebooting after it says finished. it just starts up and then says the same message again (update press power button)

Mick12334

It might not be recognizing the USB stick, have you got another one?
The smaller, and cheaper, ones, usually work the best, formatted to FAT 32, of course.
What happens when you press the front power button?

speedz92

Vu+ Newbie
The smaller, and cheaper, ones, usually work the best, formatted to FAT 32, of course.
when i press the power button it starts reading the usb say programming then scanning then flashing then it says finished. starts back up but not fully just says update press power button.

speedz92

Vu+ Newbie
i have just tried another usb and it still the same thing... do you know how many files there should be? ive noticed in the blackhole before this one there was 5 files and in this there is 4 could there be a missing file?

nunigaia

i have just tried another usb and it still the same thing... do you know how many files there should be? ive noticed in the blackhole before this one there was 5 files and in this there is 4 could there be a missing file?

Proceed from the begining for flashing and simple do as you said here --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-flash-update-vu-images.11819/page-15#post-206093

Note:

• After the update of the image is finished ... the STB will reboot.
  • Even with the message forget the USB pen drive and let it boot normally.
  • Even saying in the display to update ... if you don´t press nothing .... in 5 seconds it will boot with the new flashed image.
Is it clear?

speedz92

Vu+ Newbie
How long have you had your VU+ Duo 2?
Have you checked, or updated, the bootloader?
When you switch off, at the rear, then switch on again, you should have a message, on the front panel, stating CFE v, which is the bootloader, which version is yours showing?
You can get the update on the forum, if needed.

i think there might have been a missing file in the zip because like i said earlier in the 2.7 version there was 5 files and it has worked and flashed the image to the box. what i need to know now is how to upgrade it to the latest version
thanks!

speedz92

Vu+ Newbie
There are 5 files, in the Blackhole folder, splash, root, reboot, kernel and initrd, but only 4 are .bin files, containing data.

I suspect that you are loading a different vuplus folder, onto your USB stick, i suggest you delete all previous downloads, download Blackhole 3.0.1F again, and send the vuplus folder to your PC desktop.
thats the only one i have downloaded but do you know if i can upgrade it now from the 2.7 version i now have?

Mick12334

No, you can'tupdate from Blackhole 2.1.7, as they are different builds.
According to an earlier post, from you, when you wnet into the menu, Information, and About, your receiver stated that you had:

"experimental 2015-07-22"

That doesn't seem to be Blackhole 2.1.7, so are you sure you have blackhole 2.1.7 loaded on your receiver?

What happens when you hold down the Front Power Button, behind the front panel, after turning on the receiver, using the rocker switch, at the rear?
Does it recognize the USB stick, inserted into the front USB port, behing the pull down flap, near the power button?

speedz92

Vu+ Newbie
No, you can'tupdate from Blackhole 2.1.7, as they are different builds.
According to an earlier post, from you, when you wnet into the menu, Information, and About, your receiver stated that you had:

"experimental 2015-07-22"

That doesn't seem to be Blackhole 2.1.7, so are you sure you have blackhole 2.1.7 loaded on your receiver?

What happens when you hold down the Front Power Button, behind the front panel, after turning on the receiver, using the rocker switch, at the rear?
Does it recognize the USB stick, inserted into the front USB port, behing the pull down flap, near the power button?
not it says the blackhole image now ive managed to flash 2.1.7 to it but its not flashing 3.0.1 how can i get this latest image on my box?

Mick12334

By doing exactly the same as you did for Blackhole 2.1.7, just make sure you are downloading, and loading the correct file.
You can load an earlier version, of Blackhole 3.0.1, and update it, via the menu update, to 3.0.1F.

nunigaia

not it says the blackhole image now ive managed to flash 2.1.7 to it but its not flashing 3.0.1 how can i get this latest image on my box?
By doing exactly the same as you did for Blackhole 2.1.7, just make sure you are downloading, and loading the correct file.
You can load an earlier version, of Blackhole 3.0.1, and update it, via the menu update, to 3.0.1F.

This is the lastest image BlackHole 3.0.1F for Vuplus Duo2 --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...uduo2_usb_release_20160121_4470ba1-zip.25131/

You can download it from the link in this post.

best regards
nunigaia

vitoratfernandes

Vu+ Newbie
I bought yesterday my first VU + solo SE v2, and as I have no knowledge yet.
I put this image in a Pen formatted in FAT32 and put in USB port that is under the RJ45 input, because this VU+have another USB, I think it was poorly installed it just gives me a picture Black Hole and do nothing.
I have tried with 4 diferent Pens UsB
What am I doing wrong?