Playback stops during play of a program being recorded

suho

Vu+ Newbie
@Erik_Ste I've been away for a couple of weeks and I won't be able to get my LNB changed until next week. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, that this is the problem.
While I was away I had some timers programmed and the last two recordings were empty, and because that was exctly the same with my old toppy (the reason I bought a new stb), I'm pointing the finger at the LNB.
Sorry, I can't be of further help.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
@mysat-bs I use a twin tuner, I think. Duo is a twin tuner, right? And I used the simple setup option.
It means the settings are correct, it should have no problem to watch or record 2 different channels. However, since BH 2.1.1.0, it seems having some issues with the recording. I do not know what causes the problem, but many users have the similar issues in different models. Some of users have no such issue. I think we should leave the issues to the experts. I have try many method to isolate the problems, but no results.

suho

Vu+ Newbie
Update:
It was neither the LNB nor the Box, but a rotten (literally) cable connection. A few years ago we had to have our dish moved buy a couple of feet and the engineer then protected the joint of two cables just with some electrician's tape. Naturally that connection has totally rusted through and caused the signal to drop out. Luckily, such a drop-out happened when our new engineer put his test meter on. So, now we have a new, fully protected joint and a new LNB, and the VU+ is working perfectly. Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

Mick12334

Thanks for the update.
I trust the engineer also checked the cable, for any signs of water ingress, as water can get into the cable, and damage it.

suho

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the update.
I trust the engineer also checked the cable, for any signs of water ingress, as water can get into the cable, and damage it.

Yes. This time we did get someone how knew what he was doing, rather than pretending :)