Review Vu+ Solo2 By Black Hole

abid hussain

Vu+ Newbie
Yes it has been tested, the Solo2 shows a higher signal using the same dish and lnb than I see on my Ultimo, also on some satellites using the same dish and lnb, and the same satellite.xml file I can receive more services with the Solo2 than I do with the Ultimo.

The above was also confirmed with the Uno when tested, and the review was written :)

thank u so much sir for quick reply could plz be specific and describe how much signal imrovment with this amazing boz because i belong to a area where all satellites and very weak and we need bigger dishts to catch the signal like my VU+ Uno signal is better but tps like 12034 of sky italia on hotbird give me good picture in day time but channels disappears in evening and night on 8 feet fiber dish with inverto black ultra lnb

Ev0

Admin
thank u so much sir for quick reply could plz be specific and describe how much signal imrovment with this amazing boz because i belong to a area where all satellites and very weak and we need bigger dishts to catch the signal like my VU+ Uno signal is better but tps like 12034 of sky italia on hotbird give me good picture in day time but channels disappears in evening and night on 8 feet fiber dish with inverto black ultra lnb

Sorry I can not be specific, as it will depend on your satellite dish, your lnb, your cabling and also your line of sight of the satellite you want to receive.

It is not going to compensate for using a smaller dish than you need.

humaxboy

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry Ev0, but your statement can be misleading. I own Vu+Uno and from experience that I've made in months of using it, I can tell you that Uno has problems with very strong signals or better said working with High Gain LNB's.
From what I have read SOLO2 should have changed something regarding AGC and that's why you are talking about higher signal values. In my opinion somebody should test the sensibility of the tuner in SOLO2 versus UNO or Ultimo.

You can just tell us which service more are you receiving on SOLO2 in comparison with Ultimo. And this has nothing to do with dish and lnb that you use...sorry but we're curious :)

Humaxboy

Ev0

Admin
Sorry Ev0, but your statement can be misleading. I own Vu+Uno and from experience that I've made in months of using it, I can tell you that Uno has problems with very strong signals or better said working with High Gain LNB's.
From what I have read SOLO2 should have changed something regarding AGC and that's why you are talking about higher signal values. In my opinion somebody should test the sensibility of the tuner in SOLO2 versus UNO or Ultimo.

You can just tell us which service more are you receiving on SOLO2 in comparison with Ultimo. And this has nothing to do with dish and lnb that you use...sorry but we're curious :)

Humaxboy
Yes the solo2 reports a lower ACG than the Uno or Ultimo does on the same channel / transponder, and at the same time it reports a higher SNR.

mdt

Vu+ Newbie
Yes the solo2 reports a lower ACG than the Uno or Ultimo does on the same channel / transponder, and at the same time it reports a higher SNR.

why still no 4.2.2 ???? surely the best boxs from the leading stb manufacturer can add 4.2.2 capability without compromising the day to day operation and adding much cost to the end user. regards mdt

Ev0

Admin
why still no 4.2.2 ???? surely the best boxs from the leading stb manufacturer can add 4.2.2 capability without compromising the day to day operation and adding much cost to the end user. regards mdt
You will have to ask Vu+ that question i'm afraid.

Reactions: mdt

malakudi

Vu+ Newbie

Because Broadcom doesn't support this feature in their chipsets. So, unless using a SoC from a different company, there will be no support for 4.2.2 color format.

bogdanm

Thanks for the review. I am pleased with my vu+solo(1), but after reading this, i really want a solo2!
Solo2 is realy good box i think people see this too when will be have this box in home.
This new new generation box give more and more psibility to developers made new function please look to transcoding .

Hypnos

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I have a question for testers. Have a vuSOLO2 a problem with playing recording from HDD? This problem is for all VU+, picture sometimes Freezing. It is all IMG (openpli, VIX, VTI..... and other) and all vu+

Thanks reply.

Shiro

BH-C
Hi, I have a question for testers. Have a vuSOLO2 a problem with playing recording from HDD? This problem is for all VU+, picture sometimes Freezing. It is all IMG (openpli, VIX, VTI..... and other) and all vu+
Thanks reply.

You are wrong i have all the Vu+ models and noone have this problem.
Maybe it is a problem of your hdd.
Of course Solo2 have not any kind of problem.
Also the usb bus speed is really more and more faster than all the other box.

zagoreos

Vu+ Newbie
This is not understood >>>
some pointers ???

Donald Duck used the English language in an English manner :D

"act up" means his Vu+ Duo, installed in his kitchen for some reason, is having technical problems. He is asking where he can buy a new Solo2 if I understood correctly.

Matrix10

Administrator
Donald Duck used the English language in an English manner :D

"act up" means his Vu+ Duo, installed in his kitchen for some reason, is having technical problems. He is asking where he can buy a new Solo2 if I understood correctly.

Thanks,
I do not know where it is best for him to buy in the UK.