Review Vu+ Solo2 By Black Hole

Shiro

BH-C
Good news.
I received confirmation from Vu+ that the Solo2 prototype i used for the cpu test is downclocked to 1.1 Ghz
But the Solo2 production boxes that will be in the shops are not downclocked so the cpu speed is even faster than my tests.
I will post the new results in the few next days when i will have a new production version of the Solo2 box.

azeemmir

Vu+ Newbie
Good news.
I received confirmation from Vu+ that the Solo2 prototype i used for the cpu test is downclocked to 1.1 Ghz
But the Solo2 production boxes that will be in the shops are not downclocked so the cpu speed is even faster than my tests.
I will post the new results in the few next days when i will have a new production version of the Solo2 box.
wow , i cant wait ...
best posts , and usefull info,
Gr

Ev0

Admin
Good news.

Untitled.png

Shiro

BH-C
Well the Solo2 of Ev0 is a final product. One of the first unit of mass production.
You can see that it is not downclocked.
The CPU clock is set to 1.3 Ghz
and the BogoMIPS are

Processor0 = 869,37 BogoMIPS
Processor1 = 651,26 BogoMips
total = 1520 BogoMIPS
that is about 195% faster than Dm7020HD, Uno and Ultimo, that have at max 800 BogoMIPS.

Happy Solo2 !

bogdanm

This 1520 BogoMIPS gived great posibility to developers skin and image.
I think in near time develpers made new function in image.
I think now is no other box who have more BogoMIPS .......

Shiro

BH-C
Just for info: Definition of BogoMips:
Bogomips is a measurement provided in the Linux operating system that indicates in a relative way how fast the computer processor runs. The program that provides the measurement is called BogoMips. Written by Linus Torvalds, the main developer of Linux, BogoMips can indicate when you boot a computer whether the system options have been specified for optimum performance. You compare the bogomips for your computer with what they ought to be for your computer's particular type of processor. Torvalds named the program BogoMips (for "bogus (or fake) MIPs") to suggest that performance measurements between two computers can be misleading because not all contributing factors are stated or even understood. Although MIPS (millions of instructions per second) has been frequently used in computer benchmarks, it's agreed that the variation of context tends to make the measurement misleading. Bogomips measures how many times the processor goes through a particular programming loop in a second.

G

Godanapo

This 1520 BogoMIPS gived great posibility to developers skin and image.
I think in near time develpers made new function in image.
I think now is no other box who have more BogoMIPS .......

Only Duo 2 will be better than this :p

Thanks all informations BH Team! ;)

George1979

BH Lover
Good news.

The news are from great to even better than great. Thanks.

terrorman

Vu+ User
Vuplus 2.2.0 + BlackHole 1.7.9 vusolo2

vusolo2 login: root
root@vusolo2:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type : BCM7346B2 STB platform
processor : 0
cpu model : Brcm4380 V1.1 FPU V0.1
BogoMIPS : 869.37
cpu MHz : 1305.026
wait instruction : yes
microsecond timers : yes
tlb_entries : 64
extra interrupt vector : yes
hardware watchpoint : no
ASEs implemented :
shadow register sets : 1
kscratch registers : 0
core : 0
VCED exceptions : not available
VCEI exceptions : not available

processor : 1
cpu model : Brcm4380 V1.1 FPU V0.1
BogoMIPS : 651.26
cpu MHz : 1305.026
wait instruction : yes
microsecond timers : yes
tlb_entries : 64
extra interrupt vector : yes
hardware watchpoint : no
ASEs implemented :
shadow register sets : 1
kscratch registers : 0
core : 0
VCED exceptions : not available
VCEI exceptions : not available

It's a great box, and works perfectly blackhole

thanks for this great job

baa

Vu+ Newbie
With all respect to Vu+, I think this new model is only an improvement of equipment, while I personally hope that this is a leap forward in this area :( . I think I'll keep my two precious vu + duo too long before changing to something else .

If the system has more horse power, the software developers are not limited in witing more moltifunction and complex application for the box
More speed and power = better and smooth user experiences

azeemmir

Vu+ Newbie
If the system has more horse power, the software developers are not limited in witing more moltifunction and complex application for the box
More speed and power = better and smooth user experiences
I think ur right, we should wait in future we will see lot of chaning in s/w and lot of new feature,
and in really good price,
i think price of uno ultimo and solo will drop bit, cozi am paying 270 for uno then why not 330 for solo2?
solo2 much more fast and twin tuner,
Gr

jordan

Vu+ Newbie
Well the Solo2 of Ev0 is a final product. One of the first unit of mass production.
You can see that it is not downclocked.
The CPU clock is set to 1.3 Ghz
and the BogoMIPS are

Processor0 = 869,37 BogoMIPS
Processor1 = 651,26 BogoMips
total = 1520 BogoMIPS
that is about 195% faster than Dm7020HD, Uno and Ultimo, that have at max 800 BogoMIPS.

Happy Solo2 !
Really,THANKS for all information You provide for us,guys!
And especially THANK YOU for all images and support You do for all Vu+ lovers!!!

jordan

Vu+ Newbie
Only Duo 2 will be better than this :p

Thanks all informations BH Team! ;)
Meanwhile,i am waiting for SOLO2 from German retailers.
Persanaly i am a user of VU UNO!
And love theirs recivers.
But there is a GIGABLUE QUAD with BCM 7356 chip,
instead of BCM 7346 on SOLO2(it suppose to be 7356 at first place,as i know)!
As well as 512 flash,instead of 256 flash on SOLO2.
So the point is,that with all due respect to VU team products,
on a market there is a reciver whith tech spec better than have SOLO2!
And saying,that is most sophicticated product on a market rigth now SOLO2 seems to me quiet wrong!!!
But of course support and images of BH TEAM gives a huge plus to SOLO2 reciver instead of GIGABLUE QUAD!

levi

Meanwhile,i am waiting for SOLO2 from German retailers.
Persanaly i am a user of VU UNO!
And love theirs recivers.
But there is a GIGABLUE QUAD with BCM 7356 chip,
instead of BCM 7346 on SOLO2(it suppose to be 7356 at first place,as i know)!
As well as 512 flash,instead of 256 flash on SOLO2.
So the point is,that with all due respect to VU team products,
on a market there is a reciver whith tech spec better than have SOLO2!
And saying,that is most sophicticated product on a market rigth now SOLO2 seems to me quiet wrong!!!
But of course support and images of BH TEAM gives a huge plus to SOLO2 reciver instead of GIGABLUE QUAD!
I thing with out support box'es are = Notting so really when u buying anything look for support first maybe u pay little bit more but u get best of ur items :)

levi

fantastic function remote channels on solo2, and ultimo+ server stream, 2 sat + 1 tdt tuners, GigaLan House

a great idea that works perfectly

antennas do not need the whole house, just a good network connection

This is excellent woow :)

Ev0

Admin
I thing with out support box'es are = Notting so really when u buying anything look for support first maybe u pay little bit more but u get best of ur items :)
That is something I have always said with Linux box's, it could be the most powerful box in the world, it could do absolutely everything you think of, but if there is little / no support then it's just a brick and not worth having.