Vu+ Duo2 Dead with white light on

Afzal Sher

Vu+ Newbie
Dear Friends,

My VU+ Duo got stuck in a strange state. When I put it on, just a white light lighten and nothing happens in the VDF or LCD screen. Even if I put a USB with the latest black hole image 2.8.0 that was installed in the box, nothing happens. A couple of time has the LCD displayed a message Vu+ Duo CFE V2 but nothing happens after that. If I shut off and on again, then only a white light puts on and nothing after. Please help me. May be the boot-loader is damaged but it would not read the USB so I cannot reload a boot-loader.

Regards

el bandido

Vu+ User
The white light will come on when the box is in deep standby. Using the rocker switch on the back of the receiver to turn the receiver off or on will not bring it out of deep standby.

Try this:
Apply power to your receiver. wait until the white light has been on a couple of minutes, then press press the red power button on the remote. The white light on the receiver should blink and the box should boot in a couple of minutes.

darlo31

Vu+ Newbie
hi I have just bought this box and it also has this fault every morning when I come to turn it on it has a white light and wont reset . it takes me hours before it will come on . do u get yours sorted I have just emailed the seller to see if I can get a refund . I have the latest openvix

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
I have the latest openvix
Sorry, this is the section "Black Hole International Support" for Black Hole images, so here we can't support OpenVix.;)

Install the last Black Hole image and if the problem still persists, then report it here.

numind

Vu+ Newbie
Be careful, I did use last BH 2.0.9.1 image and after 1 week workin normal (but some problems with dvb-c tuner) I did reboot duo2 and box was dead, just white led on, seems to loose boot or deep hw problem...
check log...

BCM74250012 OK
M0 OK
M1 OK
0000A0000F
Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
fail booting..........................................................................................................................

Would be great to redesign BH, I have some idead for new features and drivers update with online option :)

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Using the rocker switch on the back of the receiver to turn the receiver off or on will not bring it out of deep standby.
It will, my does every time.
BTW, one of the most popular threads for Duo receivers was "red light". Does it mean we can expect now a lot of "white light" problems with Duo2 receivers? I started worrying :cry:

Last edited:

Bosco

Vu+ Newbie
Mine as well with the same behaviour. As long as I remember, I had BH 2.0.9.1.
Could it be a problem in the image as Numind says?

Has anybody found a solution to get the box booting?

Last edited:

ACzerwin

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same behaviour after 1 days working on BH 2.0.9.1
I send it back to seller and now after 2 weeks I have been still waiting for it. I received info that services is waiting for the new materboard to replace it.

mrv

Vu+ Newbie
Same problem here. No activity, only white light. Any resolution or advice please? Any way to flash in similar way as "vu+ util" , but without network ? directly via serial cable? Strangely enough, my box actually started last night, but went south again after reboot.

Thanks
Serial output:

BCM74250012

M0
M1
01000A0000F
Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

tobler

Vu+ User
The white light will come on when the box is in deep standby. Using the rocker switch on the back of the receiver to turn the receiver off or on will not bring it out of deep standby.

Try this:
Apply power to your receiver. wait until the white light has been on a couple of minutes, then press press the red power button on the remote. The white light on the receiver should blink and the box should boot in a couple of minutes.
same issue here with latest 2.1 build and latest bh with a new out-of-box duo2

the "white light" does not change state pressing the remote
just unplugging the box from the main supply for some hours helps

(in addiction the box hangs in the same mode trying to flash it: after the flash there is the reboot, but hangs with the cfev2 message
so a reboot is needed and after that the white led appeaes and is needed as well leave the box unplugged for hours)

tobler

Vu+ User
little addition: first time that i wait with the white square on display for some time

after approx 10min the tuner "zone" of the box became hot: could be a tuner prob???

Matrix10

Administrator
same issue here with latest 2.1 build and latest bh with a new out-of-box duo2

the "white light" does not change state pressing the remote
just unplugging the box from the main supply for some hours helps

(in addiction the box hangs in the same mode trying to flash it: after the flash there is the reboot, but hangs with the cfev2 message
so a reboot is needed and after that the white led appeaes and is needed as well leave the box unplugged for hours)

Trying to flash ???

Is your USB stick connected with the image on it?

I do not have it in my box with the last image.
All work regularly.

tobler

Vu+ User
Trying to flash ???

Is your USB stick connected with the image on it?

I do not have it in my box with the last image.
All work regularly.
hello
thanks for the reply
unplugging the box for some times make it bootable and so it is possible try to flash it
after a flash the box restarts always with an hang, so is needed a switchoff and after that appears the same white square issue

the previous 2 test was with the flash drive inserted after the reboot ( but without press the button)

hw probs?
thanks