Vu+ Duo2 Dead with white light on

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
after a flash the box restarts always with an hang, so is needed a switchoff and after that appears the same white square issue
As a last resort, try to boot the box with a FAT32 formatted pendrive inserted in a rear USB port (don't put an image in the pendrive).
Recently I had this odd experience with a box (not a Vu+ anyway).

rabarber

Vu+ Newbie
hi, after the green screen, I use the power button on the back of the receiver!
when rebooting the receiver does not want to boot, VDF shows 0.5 seconds Vu + DUO2 CFE v2, then double your expectation, television screen shows Black Hole logo. have tried flashing with the latest BlackHole-2.1.1 How can I reset the box, # 2 does not work?
Thanks

Attachments

• bild 1.JPG
    bild 1.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 28
  • bild 2.JPG
    bild 2.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 33
  • bild 3.JPG
    bild 3.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 25

mimi73

Vu+ Newbie
hi to all

the same problem with the famous white light

after installing the latest Image BH 2.1.1

he does not want to start it stops on the white light only no boot detect,
the fan does not work,
it does not detect any USB device so that I can flash,
(I tried 4 different types of USB .. with different version of BH .. and also different Original Version .. nothing is happening with duo2 .. just the white light present)

:eek: :help:

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Your video is not about a flashing attempt, can you post such a video?

If you have any internal HDD, remove or disconnect it before flashing.

mimi73

Vu+ Newbie
Now it works with the original image :yahoo:

he started himself; after almost 3 hours waiting

may be the problem is in:

the new bootloader
or the various new images
or a default constructor

:thanks:

kelsen

Vu+ Newbie
hello,
I have the same problem: after installing the latest Image BH 2.1.1 duo2 he does not want to start, it stops on the white light.
Someone managed to solve it?
Please help me.

kelsen

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Eragon,
the decoder does not start and you can not install the original images.
Remains in deep-standby and I can not restart it.
I tried to start it with the remote control or the Start key under the door also keeping in Deep-standby for several hours.
I tried to unplug the power for several hours and then start it but it is always in deep-standby.
I tried to pull tuners, and all the usb hd and restart it but to no avail.
What can I try now?
tnx
Roberto

Last edited:

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
At this point the only thing left to try is to reflash the bootloader, but it's not likely that this will succeed.
There is probably a hardware fault that needs to be serviced under warranty.

el bandido

Vu+ User
What about the RS232 port? have you tried getting data from it?
The receiver may/may not be sending information from the RS232 port explaining what the problem is or where it is stopping at.

Dodge03

Vu+ Newbie
I now have a similar problem. On startup my box stops on BlackHole logo and vcd screen sticks on "double your expectation".
I am now unable to reflash the box since it is totally unresponsive to .. front usb .. vu control centre (cant ftp) or even remote control.
The only alterations i made was to update to latest catseye settings. Box worked fine all day until next morning after being in deep standby overnight.

Matrix10

Administrator
I now have a similar problem. On startup my box stops on BlackHole logo and vcd screen sticks on "double your expectation".
I am now unable to reflash the box since it is totally unresponsive to .. front usb .. vu control centre (cant ftp) or even remote control.
The only alterations i made was to update to latest catseye settings. Box worked fine all day until next morning after being in deep standby overnight.

I would still try another USB stick if you have not already.

I do not think FTP and remote work in this instance/at the time with only BlackHole logo.

Last edited:

Dodge03

Vu+ Newbie
I would still try another USB stick if you have not already.

I do not think FTP and remote work in this instance/at the time with only BlackHole logo.
Hi Matrix, thanks for the reply.. yeah i did try a couple. However, i was trying to reflash the latest image. I have now flashed with an older image (2.0.9.1) and the box is back to life. Now i need to find and delete the files that caused the crash so that i can update back to 2.1.1 Many Thanks

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi Matrix, thanks for the reply.. yeah i did try a couple. However, i was trying to reflash the latest image. I have now flashed with an older image (2.0.9.1) and the box is back to life. Now i need to find and delete the files that caused the crash so that i can update back to 2.1.1 Many Thanks

You can not find anything,
because flash is cleaned with image installation.