Announcements All about PrismCube

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHL

Vu+ Newbie

Wow, I was thinking prismcube has 4gb of ram but if its only 512mb of Ram available thats not very good and Vu+ should Correct the Specs thats not fair as it is , I guess many people thinks Prismcube has 4GB and many will change their mind as soon as they see the Right Specs thats for sure ...

Shiro

BH-C
Wow, I was thinking prismcube has 4gb of ram but if its only 512mb of Ram available thats not very good and Vu+ should Correct the Specs thats not fair as it is , I guess many people thinks Prismcube has 4GB and many will change their mind as soon as they see the Right Specs thats for sure ...

Are you joking ?
4 Giga Ram ?
PrismCube is an entry level box.
It is cheap and it has basic harware: only 1 card reader and only one usb slot.

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
Are you joking ?
4 Giga Ram ?
PrismCube is an entry level box.
It is cheap and it has basic harware: only 1 card reader and only one usb slot.
I now better understand some of your concerns Shiro but come on ,as a basic Customer when I check that specs sheet I can see: Ram; 4Gb *8bit means 4gb ram to me and Im sure its very confusing for many people ...
So whats the deal with Duo2 2gb ram is it real or Any bits to divide :)

ekkostar

Vu+ Newbie
As Shiro says the Prismcube is cheap and has basic hardware. If you are continuing to compare it to the Duo2 you really are wasting your time. There is no comparison.

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
As Shiro says the Prismcube is cheap and has basic hardware. If you are continuing to compare it to the Duo2 you really are wasting your time. There is no comparison.

Im not comparing anything, I've just asked if is there is a similar thing applies to Duo2 specs or not...

grik

Vu+ Newbie
CHL,

we are expecting this box not by hardware specs, its because of the OS inside. Duo2 is the best box of the momment, you wont need to sompare hardware because its not inside we are looking to test, its outside, on screen, the new experience, new software. Some can say that the engima2 is maxed out and some entusiasts want to test new things and help to create a new future in our hobby or maybe some new alternative, or maybe a useless piece of code that no one is going to use. But we want to be able to say that, and test before everything.

This is whats going on, a new test machine with new system inside. Its like iOS and Android battle. Who needs to worry about hw specs if what matters is the everyday software experience and challanges :)? You wont be counting RAM when your watching TV or playing a moview on your new OS.

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
CHL,

we are expecting this box not by hardware specs, its because of the OS inside. Duo2 is the best box of the momment, you wont need to sompare hardware because its not inside we are looking to test, its outside, on screen, the new experience, new software. Some can say that the engima2 is maxed out and some entusiasts want to test new things and help to create a new future in our hobby or maybe some new alternative, or maybe a useless piece of code that no one is going to use. But we want to be able to say that, and test before everything.

This is whats going on, a new test machine with new system inside. Its like iOS and Android battle. Who needs to worry about hw specs if what matters is the everyday software experience and challanges :)? You wont be counting RAM when your watching TV or playing a moview on your new OS.

Thanx for reply but once again I am "not" comparing boxes I simply asked if Duo2 has 2gb Ram or 2GB*8bit ?
could you please simply answer my question If you can ,if not I already know the rest Thanx :)

P.s I thought Prismcube has 4gb Ram It all started from that point... (4Gb*8bit I got it like 4gb ram)

Shiro

BH-C
Thanx for reply but once again I am "not" comparing boxes I simply asked if Duo2 has 2gb Ram or 2GB*8bit ?
could you please simply answer my question If you can ,if not I already know the rest Thanx :)

P.s I thought Prismcube has 4gb Ram It all started from that point... (4Gb*8bit I got it like 4gb ram)

Duo2 have 2 Gb Ram effective.
1 giga reserved and 1 giga available for op system (you can check with the linux command: free)

I agree that the specs of PC should be more clear.

Reactions: CHL

Shiro

BH-C

Yes we have to remember that this is only the beginning of new story.
For sure there will be more powerful models with more powerful hardware and a long software and system evolution.
The PrismCube project is the future.

babsy98

Vu+ Newbie
the first edition is to show that is possible with arm and xbmc the 600 mhz 1200 dmips chips have good power for entry level , the next Generation with 1 GHZ dual core and 5000 dmips have bigger flash more ram and make fun with xbmc :)

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
Duo2 have 2 Gb Ram effective.
1 giga reserved and 1 giga available for op system (you can check with the linux command: free)

I agree that the specs of PC should be more clear.

Thanx Shiro, Glad you are here :)

ekkostar

Vu+ Newbie
Yes we have to remember that this is only the beginning of new story.
For sure there will be more powerful models with more powerful hardware and a long software and system evolution.
The PrismCube project is the future.

Yes, that is correct.

The Prismcube is simply the first receiver to utilise XBMC4STB . That does not make it the best. Far from it. I've had the privilege of using it and it is not in the same league as the Duo2. If that is what people are expecting then I can let you know you will be sadly disappointed.

Once XBMC4STB becomes more established and developers like the BH team map out a path for support images then the concept should eventually have a future. The ARM structure also seems to be quite efficient which is promising. All of this however is quite some time away.

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, that is correct.

The Prismcube is simply the first receiver to utilise XBMC4STB . That does not make it the best. Far from it. I've had the privilege of using it and it is not in the same league as the Duo2. If that is what people are expecting then I can let you know you will be sadly disappointed.

Once XBMC4STB becomes more established and developers like the BH team map out a path for support images then the concept should eventually have a future. The ARM structure also seems to be quite efficient which is promising. All of this however is quite some time away.

True, you got STB side with xbmc look a like Skin ,if you want XBMC you can choose media Centre on the STB menu , STB stops XBMC starts ...
enigma2 box + Raspberry Pi (24/7) is great alternative almost same specs for xbmc and better STB...

grik

Vu+ Newbie
CHL,

why do you keep guessing without a clue of what your talking. ekkostar is testing the box, you are false-guessing stuff like xbmc skin, and enigma2 + raspberry Pi. Your vision is inaccurate, there is no reason to post that it doesn't help the topic :( Just wait for the box to come out, buy it, test it, and help develop it.

I come to this topic to know and read new stuff and i keep seeing you increase post count with no apparent reason, false guessing. At least try to maintain an open point of view instead of trying to play "make believe".

Please...
and Thank you!

EDIT BY ADMIN.

Watch your language.

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
grik,
thats what forums for dude ,Calm Down and check the video called;
Marusys - Prism Cube with XBMC4STB demo at Anga 2012
on youtube and see what I'm talking about!

Im not trying to increase post count etc. I asked the meaning of: Ram; 4GB*8bit and learned that it means 512mb Ram Thanks to shiro...

and again thats what forums for to help members,surely not for to advice stop sending posts
Your post not helps could you please stop the post mentioned my nick...

"Please...
and Thank You!!! "

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Your not talking about nothing, we all here know that videos for long, you are talking about skins and stuff you dont imagine and just false-guessing. Everyone knows that channel and the other one with the e2bmc test clips, that isnt the problem, please read and dont reply until you start testing the machine.
Just take my advice, you will be more respected in the communities if you know what your writing, know as in, tested or working on it. Or just ask questions to those who know (not me in this case) but dont say things like they were something close to reality

Thanks

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
Im not asking you anything ,sorry but you keep posting useless answers on my questions...
You can simply and kindly say 4gb*8bit means 512mb ram (if you know that) or thats an old video in first stages of the development of this product (if it is) ...
sorry but your attitude is not good and Friendly at all...
Actually you are not talking anything useful or helpful .

Thanks

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Do you know the feeling of wanting to know more about one thing and getting to the place and there some guy rambling about other stuff.
Exactly......
You can have a look here for this ones, do not take this as reality its just a demo of E2BMC: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMiA_y-KH7ZuZ42SiqgHTrw

But you cant state that its an Enigma2+Raspberry, ot an Engima2 with Xmbc skin, it just ruins the topic for people who come here to catch new stuff with some members that are in contact of it.
Sorry for something, lets just move on. Thanks for reading.

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
You can have a look here for this ones, do not take this as reality its just a demo of E2BMC:

But you cant state that its an Enigma2+Raspberry, ot an Engima2 with Xmbc skin, it just ruins the topic for people who come here to catch new stuff with some members that are in contact of it.
Sorry for something, lets just move on. Thanks for reading.

you should have been post this at first place :)

I never state that its a Enigma2+Raspberry
I've just said enigma2 (box)+ RP (24/7) is a great "Alternative"

If device works the way shown in that 2012-ANGA video
Calm down and read carefully next time ;)

Take care...

Status
Not open for further replies.