Announcements All about PrismCube

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_sat

Vu+ Newbie
Finally I received a prismcube for test :)

What I directly saw is there is no power switch on the back of the box and it has 1 USB port which is pretty poor.
The 2,5inch HDD is nicely covered at the bottom.
The remote controller looks good and basic navigation works fine.
Recording up to two channels and timeshift works smoothless.
PiP I cannot find it how to activate, maybe it will been add later as the chip supports it.

XBMC combined with DVB is very poor. It's actually two seperate GUI menu or your in XBMC mode or in DVB mode.
Booting time is poor compared to simular chipset. It takes 53 seconde to get first picture and over 90 seconde to get access to GUI like infobar.
XBMC mode functions good I noticed that some options in menu and buttons are removed.
DTS is not working as you cannot activate it (Can been heard through software) as this option is removed from menu and forward and backward spooling is removed, however jumping is working.

The prismcube has must better graphical GUI menu and picture quality then ever seen on an E2 box.
Channel changing is average
Overall menu scrolling is a bit slow

In STB menu you have by Install Configuration when scroll down the option Factory reset.
attached new setting with favorite ( same setting with vu+)

Attachments

• updatechannel.rar
    222.2 KB · Views: 66

Matrix10

Administrator
Article is available from Sunday, September 15, 2013
Prismcube is a twin DVB-S2 receiver with a very compact and sleek design. With years of experience in the development of reliable and cutting-edge Linux boxes, Marusys crowned with a trendsetting Twin HD receiver with PVR function this series.

289,00 EUR

It seems that this will be the price and date in Europe
for the base receiver without HDD.

dj_sat

Vu+ Newbie
I know :) but if you want "'koNow" it is for £400 (sadly £150 overpriced by Tunisian seller :chair: actual £35 for postage =£115)
The price in Tunisien dealer is 640 TND exactly 290 euro and dhl 30 euro to europe with 2 year warranty

Last edited:

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
The price in Tunisien dealer is 640 TND exactly 290 euro and dhl 30 euro to europe with 2 year warranty
Thanx for the info ...

The Price on Ebay is £410 inc P&P from Tunisia ;)

ebay.co.uk/itm/PrismCube-Ruby-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-/261255613686?pt=US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item3cd40c4cf6

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
And for me most probably a new cable to the power outlet, too
no ad's in picture I think, else remove it admin please

Attachments

• ruby.JPG
    ruby.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: CHL

dj_sat

Vu+ Newbie
Thanx for the info ...

The Price on Ebay is £410 inc P&P from Tunisia ;)

ebay.co.uk/itm/PrismCube-Ruby-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-/261255613686?pt=US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item3cd40c4cf6
see the officel website
Code:
http://www.numeris-online.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=385&category_id=145&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Last edited by a moderator:

leith

Vu+ Newbie
Finally I received a prismcube for test :)

What I directly saw is there is no power switch on the back of the box and it has 1 USB port which is pretty poor.
The 2,5inch HDD is nicely covered at the bottom.
The remote controller looks good and basic navigation works fine.
Recording up to two channels and timeshift works smoothless.
PiP I cannot find it how to activate, maybe it will been add later as the chip supports it.

XBMC combined with DVB is very poor. It's actually two seperate GUI menu or your in XBMC mode or in DVB mode.
Booting time is poor compared to simular chipset. It takes 53 seconde to get first picture and over 90 seconde to get access to GUI like infobar.
XBMC mode functions good I noticed that some options in menu and buttons are removed.
DTS is not working as you cannot activate it (Can been heard through software) as this option is removed from menu and forward and backward spooling is removed, however jumping is working.

The prismcube has must better graphical GUI menu and picture quality then ever seen on an E2 box.
Channel changing is average
Overall menu scrolling is a bit slow

In STB menu you have by Install Configuration when scroll down the option Factory reset.

Yes but not reset the XBMC system. it's only reset the DVB part.
In XBMC normally you find in system parameters , this function , but it's not disponible

kais_msalmi

Vu+ Newbie
I missed the update Receiver (PrismCube) with USB, now it will not start ...:wallbash:
is there a way to do the update through the RS-232 port?

Status
Not open for further replies.