Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_sat

Vu+ Newbie
So there is a Grey Prismcube
A red Prismcube
A Prismcube 2
And a mini Prismcube

All the above have been mentioned and photo's of them in this thread, so which one(s) will be on sale before the end of this month ?

And should I buy that 1, or wait for the next 1 to come out ?
600525_535785126484180_1689181631_n.jpg

the silver model (see above) will be the 1st to be available ( production will be finished in a few days).
The red is exactly the same model, but we still not have the date of production. there is no prism cube2, and as for the mini prism cube, it is only a prototype shown at angacom fair.

Ev0

Admin
600525_535785126484180_1689181631_n.jpg

the silver model (see above) will be the 1st to be available ( production will be finished in a few days).
The red is exactly the same model, but we still not have the date of production. there is no prism cube2, and as for the mini prism cube, it is only a prototype shown at angacom fair.

Ahh ok, I read this earlier in the thread:

I think you missed something on the prismcube stand.
Beside the prismcube demo there was the "prismcube2" with 1Ghz duo core proud glowing.

Thats why I thought there was a Prismcube2.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
To answer a remark about the need for good team support. Yes multi-media is complex these days with truckloads of variables. To get it all working a good community and support by volunteers is key.

Practical experience: I do have an Extreamer Prodigy today which is a great peace of hardware having many aspects in common with Prismcube, but unfortunely its software has many caveats. It all looks very nice and many features are available but there is something wrong with many things including core functionality like filehandling (blaimed to the SDK of the chipset maker).

Shiro

BH-C
It all looks very nice and many features are available but there is something wrong with many things including core functionality like filehandling (blaimed to the SDK of the chipset maker).

I agree.

It seems that here is not clear what is the point.
The point is not the hardware. I could show a nice prototype of Prismcube of more than one year ago but it seems that i am only here to keep the informations confidential.
The point is that Marusys for sure will not release in the market this product until the software will be ready.
And you can be sure that the software is not yet ready and complete.
So relax, enjoy your holidays and we will be back on Prismcube after the summer.

dj_sat

Vu+ Newbie
shiro:
all people is agree and know the big importance for BH Support for VU+ and Prismcube

the software is of corse not ready 100% until now and need more and more time i agree
new history is started now and of corse need a time
but the final hardware is 100% ready and after 2 week wil be ok
as my information the product will be available very very soon in some Market with some good and necessery option ready now and after this of corse all fun will wait the BH image and yours team support ..

Shiro

BH-C
dj_sat:
in the meanwhile you will wait for release of Prismcube at end of july,
bh team will enjoy their holidays because it too early for release.

And sorry you don't know anything about bh work on Prismcube and future support or NO support. You should stop to post about things you don't know.

shad

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry Shiro,
but somehow I find your reply a bit unfair... Some time ago you have stated, that the BH team will support Prismcube. Of course you also said several times, that it will require time to get used to XBMC, to make an image etc.

In my eyes dj_sat didn't say anything opposite. He only says, that according to his information (whether it is correct or not, doesn't matter for now), the Prismcube will be released soon. Once this happens, everyone will just have to wait for an BH image (based on your earlier statement), which doesn't change the fact, that Prismcube would have been released at that time already.

If I'm not totaly wrong, then that's what dj_sat tried to say and there is nothing wrong with that... Of course if things have changed and the BH team is not sure anymore, whether it will support Prismcube or not, then it's another story, but at least I didn't read anything about it, so everyone just has to "judge" and to guess based on your previous statement.

Shiro

BH-C
Sorry Shiro,
but somehow I find your reply a bit unfair... .

Yes you are right.
I start to be annoyed about ppl that:
1) does not respect the confidential nature of the informations (i am going to inform Vu+ about this).
2) post here untrue news and realease date creating wrong ideas in users about when the Prismcube will be available
3) Talk about things that cannot know like the state of the sources and the Black Hole work on Prismcube.

So sorry if you don't like my replies but i have my reasons.

shad

Vu+ Newbie
I understand you and I agree on first two points fully.

Well, I also agree on the third point as well, but that's what I wanted to mention: you are critizing dj_sat for talking about the state of the sources and BH work on Prismcube, which he in my opinion haven't done. Unless I misunderstand his post, he only wanted to say, that the community will be waiting and looking forward to an BH image, without making any statements about it's release date, functionality etc. Just that it will come in general (which you had said).

Other two points are another story of course.

Shiro

BH-C
I understand you and I agree on first two points fully.

Well, I also agree on the third point as well, but that's what I wanted to mention: you are critizing dj_sat for talking about the state of the sources and BH work on Prismcube, which he in my opinion haven't done. Unless I misunderstand his post, he only wanted to say, that the community will be waiting and looking forward to an BH image, without making any statements about it's release date, functionality etc. Just that it will come in general (which you had said).

Other two points are another story of course.

Yes, i understood.
But when i tell and repeat that the software is not yet ready and it cannot be released at the end of july to insist in the contrary is like to discuss about the software and sources state.
But you are right, I have not been accurately and this thread is going in a wrong direction.
Better to change attitude.

Shiro

BH-C
What i want to explain to those ppl who are pumping PrismCube is that this is not an advertising board and this is not a gossip and rumors board.

We want to offer a good service for our users whilst manatining a weighted attitude.
We think that to try to impress the members of this board with posts about "revolutionary box" and "enigma2 killing" is not the right way.
This will create strong expectations in users and could turn against the success of the product.
Prismcube is so new and it will need time to fix things and to reach a good level of completion. So the expectations have to be measured.
At the same time, to pump a release date without confirmed information could damage the other Vu+ products that are hitting the market right now.
And this is serious too.

We understand that everyone is anxious to get information about Prismcube, but we want to mantain a good quality in what is posted here.

CHL

Vu+ Newbie
I have already explained.
Prismcube release is not so soon.
Please don't care about the sensationalist ads posted in this thread by users and sellers.
They cannot know the Prismcube software develop status.
I can assure you that we will have to wait a few months for Prismcube and a certain release date it is not yet possible to know (and it should be confidential until it will be not officially fixed).

;)

Thanx Shiro ,Ordered my Duo2 ;)
Cheers Pal

ekkostar

Vu+ Newbie
Guys, the Prismcube is a completely new direction and is not an Enigma 2 based machine. The concept is in it's infancy and will be for quite sometime yet.

Everything about it has to be built from ground zero upwards and it will take development teams quite some time to get to grips with XBMC. The Solo2 and Duo2 are mature and highly polished E2 machines. There really is no comparison to the Prismcube. Please don't waste your time.

I can tell you now if you were in the market for a new receiver then Solo2 and Duo2 running BH Hyperspace is straight where you should be headed. No question about it.

Marusys will not release the Prismcube to the public until development teams and images have had their input and it has some sort of commercial future. As Shiro says this could take considerable time and it is pointless to compare until that point.

For now here are some specs

F/W release 1.0.1
ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v71)
BogoMips 996.14
Hardware NXP BL-STB platform

GPU PowerVR SGX 531

XBMC 12.0 Git:20130524-01cf075

ekkostar

Vu+ Newbie
As stated before the XBMC platform has as yet unqualified potential but this machine is simply not the finished article for a long time yet. It's also not even comparable as the Duo2 is simply awesome and far, far better.

In truth you would be more than slightly disappointed at this stage if you believe the Prismcube is anywhere close to the Duo2. It is not.

Trust me Duo2 + BH Hyperspace is where you want to be.

In the meantime....

Tantalising angles....
xdaj.jpg

Ready to business....
u3jb.jpg

XBMC4STB.....
gt81.jpg

PVR, DVB & Media....
yf2z.jpg

Thanks
ES

Wu+ NL

Vu+ Newbie
all member dont like "the killer of enigma2" but its the reality ...please respect my opinion wait and see shiro ... :)
This is not an 'opinion', but pure nonsense.
Do you have any idea how long it took Enigma2 to become as mature and flexible as it is nowadays? And then only because of major contributions by the community. It will take quite some time before any DVB-API will be on more or less the same level.

babsy98

Vu+ Newbie
very nice pictures from prismcube , black, silver, red, very cool good idea

have prism the old apollo or the new krome chip

Status
Not open for further replies.