Announcements All about PrismCube

Status
Not open for further replies.

shad

Vu+ Newbie
yes also because Prismcube is a cheap box with only text lcd one usb port and one card reader.
Te duo2 is high level box with one vfd one fantastic color lcd screen never seen yet in stb world and a really powerful chipset (much more powerful than prismcube).

Hm,
your previous posts about the prismcube seemed to be more optimistic and positive than the last one :huh:
It did sound as if the info about USB slots was not correct and that the hardware is (very) good etc.

at least that was my impression after reading your posts... was this a wrong impression then?

Shiro

BH-C
Hm,
your previous posts about the prismcube seemed to be more optimistic and positive than the last one :huh:
It did sound as if the info about USB slots was not correct and that the hardware is (very) good etc.
at least that was my impression after reading your posts... was this a wrong impression then?

No i am very optimistic and entusisthic about Prismcube but i think you cannot compare to duo2 and it will need time.
Black Hole will support Prismcube and Prismcube will be fantastic. But this will be the future.
It is a different world tjat we are starting to explore.

dj_sat

Vu+ Newbie
No i am very optimistic and entusisthic about Prismcube but i think you cannot compare to duo2 and it will need time.
Black Hole will support Prismcube and Prismcube will be fantastic. But this will be the future.
It is a different world tjat we are starting to explore.
duo 2 its fantistic yes but expensive. ..strong hardware and nice lcd but old enigma2 and no big difference with other software vu+ modeles except the very strong hardware
prismcube good hardware...very nice caracterisque good price and future technologie. ..in fews months after starting... development for many team all peaple sure wil move to this new technologie. ..and for now after i testing this new receiver i can confirm this Prismcube wil be a big success.....

NickZ

Vu+ User
...duo 2 its fantistic yes but expensive. ..strong hardware and nice lcd but old enigma2 .....
Enigma 2 is well developed for sat boxes and there is no reason for transferring to XBMC. It is developed rather for media players than for the sat boxes. I prefer a sat box and a mediaplayer separately.
It is not reasonable to compare Solo2 and Duo2 with PrismCube. I think you should compare PrismCube with Dune HD mediaplayer (or similar) + Solo2 and you will see that the pair is superior to the PrismCube. If you already have Solo2, it is better to spend your money for a mediaplayer like Dune HD or even iconBit 800 3D.

gulipin

Vu+ Newbie
yes i create many photo
and i have many exclusive info for vupluscommunity
i will sahre all photo for this new prismcube
you will wait also a good surprise for prismcube Ruby
for duo 2 the price wil be 605 euro
As I can see, they offer it for €499.
ww*.hm-sat-shop.de/en/hdd-receiver-hdtv-vu/vu-duo-full-hd-1080p-twin-linux-receiver-pvr-ready.html
Anybody can confirm?

gulipin

Vu+ Newbie
Enigma 2 is well developed for sat boxes and there is no reason for transferring to XBMC. It is developed rather for media players than for the sat boxes. I prefer a sat box and a mediaplayer separately.
It is not reasonable to compare Solo2 and Duo2 with PrismCube. I think you should compare PrismCube with Dune HD mediaplayer (or similar) + Solo2 and you will see that the pair is superior to the PrismCube. If you already have Solo2, it is better to spend your money for a mediaplayer like Dune HD or even iconBit 800 3D.
It depends what people like. Personally, I prefer to have all-in-one. I have a TV cabinet, and there is: STB, PS3, amplifier, central speaker, UPS, amd some discs. Actually, I have no more place for HTPC. If I could buy STB with XBMC (which IMO is the best solution for HTPC), I would surely buy it.
I'm only a bit disappointed, that PrismCube is harwarely worse (according to what you all were saying above) than Duo2. That makes me think, if I want Duo2 and wait for a XBMC sfotware/plugin, or buy PrismCube, which can be simply worse, than Duo2...

Matrix10

Administrator
I know you've been on the Anga.

But I do not know from where you got those prices
hm-sat is a very serious company ,
can not believe that they have the wrong price
which is still quite lower than yours.

dj_sat

Vu+ Newbie
the final and officiel price is 290 euro for all country
the receiver wil be available in all Market end of june 2013
the receiver wil have a surprise support and very big support...
this new receiver is new history started ..........;)

bogdanm

I know you've been on the Anga.

But I do not know from where you got those prices
hm-sat is a very serious company ,
can not believe that they have the wrong price
which is still quite lower than yours.
Maybe he write about full version with HDD 1TB and 2 dual tuner.
But normal version i think will be around 499 on plish site im see this price too.

bogdanm

the final and officiel price is 290 euro for all country
the receiver wil be available in all Market end of june 2013
the receiver wil have a surprise support and very big support...
this new receiver is new history started ..........;)
You have right prismcube will be new history ; good price give big numper person posibility buy this box and test new look to sat reciver.
I think in this days alot people who have other boxes from other manufactured change to VU+ and buy his new boxes duo2 and prismcube.

tilleke

Vu+ User
I just came back from ANGA.

I have spoken and discussed the PrismCube with the engineers and the programmers of Marusys and they are very professional and dedicated. This is very important in my opinion and shows how serious Marusys is about the product. I am sure this product will evolve further over time and by adding plug-ins made by third party developers we can get a very innovative and modern STB.

dj_sat

Vu+ Newbie
I just came back from ANGA.

I have spoken and discussed the PrismCube with the engineers and the programmers of Marusys and they are very professional and dedicated. This is very important in my opinion and shows how serious Marusys is about the product. I am sure this product will evolve further over time and by adding plug-ins made by third party developers we can geeiver t a very innovative and modern STB.
yes i confirm
for me i have a sample ..and i test the receiver
is the killer of enigma2 receiver

azeemmir

Vu+ Newbie
Hoi
Wow
i really wana try that Cube,
but i wana try only with BH
i know with official img it will not much good,
But with Bh it will be perfect,
gr

bogdanm

Hoi
Wow
i really wana try that Cube,
but i wana try only with BH
i know with official img it will not much good,
But with Bh it will be perfect,
gr
BH will be suport this new boxes too, dont worry will be good and sat world will be happy becouse is new great box who gived new possibility.

Shiro

BH-C
BH will be suport this new boxes too, dont worry will be good and sat world will be happy becouse is new great box who gived new possibility.

But i suggest you to be more careful about what you expect from a totally new box with a totally new system.
You cannot think to have all the features like in e2 boxes that are from years on the scene.
A new system require much time to be complete and stable.
You cannot expect that you can use dreamboxedit and all other programs for enigma2 channel list.
You cannot expect that mipsel software like softc. will work on Prismcube that is Arm achiteture.
You cannot expect to have all the fantastic plugins that you find in e2.
It cannot kill nobody now, it have to think to grow.

azeemmir

Vu+ Newbie

Thanx a lot to BH team , and i have alomst all VU boxes with Bh so PC will also be good with BH,
Thanx to BH team,
But i suggest you to be more careful about what you expect from a totally new box with a totally new system.
You cannot think to have all the features like in e2 boxes that are from years on the scene.
You cannot expect that you can use dreamboxedit and all other programs for enigma2 channel list.
You cannot expect that mipsel software like softc. will work on Prismcube that is Arm achiteture.

I agree with u , i will go first for Duo2, and then PC,
but as u said not all plugins and sc , skins will be available then i think 1st preference will be Duo2 then ,
lets hope for good,
Gr

Shiro

BH-C
you have not to look at Prismcube like an enigma2 competitor or alternative now.
You have to look at Prismcube like a "CULT" and "COOL" new box, to explore and to support in his in its growth.
If you expect a fully working box stable and a wonderful piece of hardware goto with duo2.
If you like to explore and to look at the future and you can accept the limitation of a young hardware and system, goto with Prismcube.
The best is to sell all other hardware and buy both duo2 and Prismcube ah ah ah ah.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Absolutely agree with you. I think it's time for Duo2 now, Prismcube in the future, when it will be developed and stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.