Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Hole 3.0.9 Multistream Vu+ Duo4K

Discussion in 'Vu+ Duo4K Black Hole Images' started by Ev0, Apr 24, 2019.

1. scorpion007

scorpion007 Vu+ User

Can anything be done with the software to make the duo4k MIS work better?

2. p.rodrigues

p.rodrigues Vu+ User

Work better or work? I only tried it on this channel ... does it work on others?

My Uno 4K SE does not have the S2-X tuner ... can anyone try this model or another with this type of tuner? Does the FBC function inhibit?

3. scorpion007

scorpion007 Vu+ User

It works mainly on 5W which now is going to inclined orbit, on 30W it only works on one of the transponders, if you do a re-scan it doesn't lock, so basically its very hit and miss for a quality receiver, I just want to know if a fix can be found as the cheap zero 4k I had seemed better in locking the MIS transponders. I don't want to jump ship and go to another manufacturer but it seems this box doesn't get the support it should.

p.rodrigues likes this.
  4. p.rodrigues

p.rodrigues Vu+ User

Because I can only test on Hispasat ....

In 5W, frequency 11179V, it has a value: "ACM / VCM"

Do you know what it is? Is this what you tune in to?

Then on other frequencies there is still "stream + x" (x = number), that does not exist on Hispasat ... personally I have no interest in this MIS channel on Hispasat, however it was good that the support could correct the situation.

5. scorpion007

scorpion007 Vu+ User

5W 11.179V I can get that tuned in ok, don't know what ACM/VCM means but input is 004 - Gold - 13070.

p.rodrigues likes this.
  6. p.rodrigues

p.rodrigues Vu+ User

@scorpion007 try to tune this frequency of Hispa to Duo 4K:

10922 V DVB-S2 / QPSK 1667 9/10

7. scorpion007

scorpion007 Vu+ User

No that doesn't work either maybe its not just MIS transponders :cry:

8. p.rodrigues

p.rodrigues Vu+ User

Yes it doesn't work on Duo 4K or Uno 4K SE (DVB-S2), it works on Zero 4K.
    Will the low value of the symbol rate have any influence?

9. scorpion007

scorpion007 Vu+ User

Must be a tuner problem as both these receivers have the same tuner modules. I can't see vu coming up with a solution or a new tuner module any time soon.

10. p.rodrigues

p.rodrigues Vu+ User

Who produces the Duo 4K tuner?

11. p.rodrigues

p.rodrigues Vu+ User

Perhaps these FBCs have a bug ... Si2169-D works. Equip the Zgemma H7, it is not FBC.

12. scorpion007

scorpion007 Vu+ User

Don't know who makes them, and I don't think its low symbol rate as works on transponders with 4k rate and not on another 8k transponder which I tried, as I thought its a problem with the tuner module but I don't know if a software work around would solve it, these tuners where not sold as MIS but then it was added by the image driver update, so possibly if someone that reads this is a coder maybe he could look into it.

13. GabberJ

GabberJ Vu+ Newbie

Support for Duo 4k is poor, it's not available and no longer produced. Probably that can be solved by software but i doubt anyone will do it.
    I think that Vu+ Ultimo 4K may have the same problem.

scorpion007 likes this.
  14. p.rodrigues

p.rodrigues Vu+ User

Is the production of Duo 4K over? Really who wants to buy a new one has difficulties in finding ...

Yes, almost certainly, the Last 4K will have the same problem ... whoever has this model can put the result here.

15. GabberJ

GabberJ Vu+ Newbie

Yes i confirm, it is no longer produced. It is almost impossible to find it.

16. scorpion007

scorpion007 Vu+ User

Why produce a receiver for under a year then stop production? doesn't make any sense and you would think Vu should support their boxes more to beat the cheaper competition.