Duo2 LCD4Linux lcd display layouts

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi excuse me for my ignorance but i cant get the picons up from google on my lcd screen.i have the weather thats it.i have a working older one but when i loaded the config file it would load up the music symbol but no google picon .any advice ? thanks

Hi, what it means 'no google picon'? If you explain more, many users here may help with your issues. I certainly have a workable config file which makes the lcd (DUO2) display weather, picture, time, tuner info, programm info and of course the picon. Just tell what you want in details.

rhurbarb

Vu+ Newbie
Hi mysat .I have no picons showing here .my config file for the none working image is 94 bytes whilst the working version is 2.19kb.I have a picon path 1 /usr/share/enigma2/picon/
path 2 /media/usb/picon

Also i take it the duo looks in google for pictures related to my webcam streams as i seen google.com listed in one of the settings

does this help ? Thanks

rhurbarb

Vu+ Newbie
Hi mysat .I have no picons showing here .my config file for the none working image is 94 bytes whilst the working version is 2.19kb.I have a picon path 1 /usr/share/enigma2/picon/
path 2 /media/usb/picon

Also i take it the duo looks in google for pictures related to my webcam streams as i seen google.com listed in one of the settings

does this help ? Thanks
path 2 media/usb/picon/ sorry i didnt put the / in after picon on my last post

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
path 2 media/usb/picon/ sorry i didnt put the / in after picon on my last post
Hi, @rhurbarb, let us try step by step.

I will upload my own LCD4llinux config file for your test.

before you do anything

DO
(A), copy your picons to you PC and then delete all of the picons from you receiver
(B), copy your LCD4linux config file to your pc

Make a new directory in your receiver
media\usb\lcdphotos
media\usb\picon

find the 'media' directory and make the two new sub-directories

copy some picons to the picon directory ( can you tell me which satellites do your watch?). The picon files in my receiver is about 7KB, png format. If you tell me which satellite, I may have some workable picons for testing

Copy couple of photos (jpg format ) to the lcdphotos directory. make the photo smaller if possible (400pixel X 200 pixels is good size, you may use a sightly large file, but not too big.

Copy my lcd4linux config to the original config location.
the LCD4linux config file

The last
You try to follow my suggestion, you will take your own risk to do so. I am not take any responsibility to the results.

Good luck !

Attachments

• lcd4config.zip
    953 bytes · Views: 191

rhurbarb

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mysat.Thanks for your reply.deleted media/usb/piconfolder ,full reboot,pasted media\usb\lcdphotos and
media\usb\picon folders in,ftped 2 photos jpeg type 400/200 into the lcdphotos folder,full reboot,ftped your config file into etc/enigma2,full reboot
got this lcd display

i dont use the vu duo2 on a satellite dish ,i only use on it for webcam streams and watching films etc through the net
Would it be against the rules to send you a rtmp address here for you to test ?

hope this helps

Attachments

• mysat lcd.jpg
    mysat lcd.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 218

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi Mysat.Thanks for your reply.deleted media/usb/piconfolder ,full reboot,pasted media\usb\lcdphotos and
media\usb\picon folders in,ftped 2 photos jpeg type 400/200 into the lcdphotos folder,full reboot,ftped your config file into etc/enigma2,full reboot
got this lcd display

i dont use the vu duo2 on a satellite dish ,i only use on it for webcam streams and watching films etc through the net
Would it be against the rules to send you a rtmp address here for you to test ?

hope this helps

Hi, rhurbarb

Have you copied a few picons to the picon directory? The picons are png format, should have a file name like 1_0_1_387_17D4_9E_5A0000_0_0_0.png. It is a good try to download some picons which are For your satallite. The picon's name is the channel's id which you can find by an channel editor such as dreameditor (shareware).

give another try.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi, rhurbarb
Sorry for the misunderstand. I think I understand clear what the issue now because you do not use a satellite. I may try a different aproach and rewrite a new config. I am not sure whether I can manage it but I can try. The ABOVE config does not suitable to your case. Because the issue becomes more individual, shall we talk by the conversation interface? Otherwise we may disturb the community.

rhurbarb

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mysat ,Glad you understand my problem here now .We can chat through the chat conference if you wish .Is that option through your profile page ? Sorry im a newbie here .Thanks

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi Mysat ,Glad you understand my problem here now .We can chat through the chat conference if you wish .Is that option through your profile page ? Sorry im a newbie here .Thanks
just use the conversation in this forum, right coner of this page

dreamnu

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, where do i find weather pions? like in Duo2 LCD4Linux lcd display layouts
and how do i config weather for ex. Halmstad in sweden?
can i change text size on ex. SVT vasterbotten to a smaller size?
it is large giant size in mine config, i use mysat-bs config file,
config.ProgSize=23 ? or config.ChannelNumSize=62 ?
or is there anything else I should change?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Don't edit the config file manually, nor use the web interface of LCD4linux, instead use the plugin own menu within the BH itself, it's much more user friendly and you can immediately see side-by-side the effects of your changes. ;)

There you can just find all the settings you're looking for.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi, where do i find weather pions? like in Duo2 LCD4Linux lcd display layouts
and how do i config weather for ex. Halmstad in sweden?
can i change text size on ex. SVT vasterbotten to a smaller size?
Hi, @dreamnu, Do following @Erogon's suggestion, It won't make too big harm for your system (backup the config file, before you start to play it), If you still cannot make it as you wished, just uplaod a LCD picture, and make some marks which you want to change, I may give a try. My uplaoded LCD config may disable the weather page because it seems too small for me to read. I use the weather addon, which is much more confortable to read from main screen. Good luck!

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Anyway the LCD4linux plugin has also it's own backup and restore menu, very useful (but a little cumbersome) when you flash a new image.

rhurbarb

Vu+ Newbie
Working image shows no underlining
non working image shows underlining on the text
Thanks

Attachments

• 2014-11-16 21.11.53.jpg
    2014-11-16 21.11.53.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 2014-11-16 21.17.55.jpg
    2014-11-16 21.17.55.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 131

dreamnu

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, thank you for your answers @Eragon and @mysat-bs.
I have already changed the configuration and rated the sizes I wanted on the texts.
dpf1QEZ327J.png
I've changed the number 13 to the smaller size, then even less on FOX (S) and, finally, even less on epg text.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Working image shows no underlining
non working image shows underlining on the text
Thanks
That 'underline' is the progress bar, it can be easily removed. I need to know the picture (on the working image), is a static picture from the streem or is another small 'tv screen' with life streem tv?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi, thank you for your answers @Eragon and @mysat-bs.
I have already changed the configuration and rated the sizes I wanted on the texts.
View attachment 16671
I've changed the number 13 to the smaller size, then even less on FOX (S) and, finally, even less on epg text.
How to you edit the config file, on the screen config? or webif? or a text editor? When I know which method you used, I may suggest an easy way to change the size of the font size as you pointed.