Duo2 LCD4Linux lcd display layouts

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
From my personal experience the manual update from 3.7 to 3.8x generally fails.
After the update installation check the plugin's files stored on your box: you'll see that they are unchanged!

Another consideration: when updating to a new Black Hole image from USB, do not immediately restore your BH Personal Backup, but first check the LCD4linux version displayed on the screen.

Last edited:

bojja

Vu+ User
@sony and @ cyborgpunte you are great .....i extract this file
enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux_3.8-r0_mips32el with 7zip and put by dcc -ftp those files that extract and reboot....you are great.Thanks

bojja

Vu+ User
but now i put the latest look : But i don't know why about that libusb! - still there in red
2vi2hpz.jpg

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi, @Eragon . I did find the version infor on the middle of the display screen. It is too small I did not niotice it. It is ver 3.7-r0 which is the same as displayed on webif. It proofs the installation of version 3.8-r1 was not succesful. Thanks for your help, I am waiting for some one find a way to update.

BloodyNL

Vu+ Newbie
LCD4Linux 3.9- r0 is out

ChangeLog only in German:

3.9r0 (22.12.2013)
- mehr Positionsmöglichkeiten: Fortschrittbar/Lautstärke/Signalstärke
- Hintergrundbild wird auf LCD angepasst
- Piconerkennung verbessert (IP-Services/Service-Fallback)
- Readonly-WebIF-Bild (.../lcd4linux/view)
- umfangreicher interner Umbau für weniger Bilddatei Operationen
- 2.Rebuild: slowenische Übersetzung - Danke shamann

to update in Blackhole Image, extract ipk an data.tar with 7zip and replace files from /usr folder which files on your Box

Souce: http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=165337

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux_3.9-r0_mips32el.ipk
    555.6 KB · Views: 122

fesoj

Vu+ Newbie
updated thanks
tried the usual way thru the BH ipk manual install but although receiver asked to restart update was not installed
used your method and replaced the LCD4linux folder restarted enigma2 ... e viola'
3,9 r0

Last edited:

s2tephen

Vu+ Newbie
When I am watching a recording the LCD screen displays about 4 lines of info about program I am watching at the bottom of the screen. The clock is also displayed but is sitting ( displaying )
over the top 2 lines of the info. It seems to me that the clock needs to be moved abt 4 or 5 lines up to clear the info. Can anyone tell me what to do and what to edit to do this.
The nomal LCD display when watching LCD1 is OK.
Many thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all members.

fairsats

Vu+ User
LCD4Linux 3.9- r0 is out

ChangeLog only in German:

3.9r0 (22.12.2013)
- mehr Positionsmöglichkeiten: Fortschrittbar/Lautstärke/Signalstärke
- Hintergrundbild wird auf LCD angepasst
- Piconerkennung verbessert (IP-Services/Service-Fallback)
- Readonly-WebIF-Bild (.../lcd4linux/view)
- umfangreicher interner Umbau für weniger Bilddatei Operationen
- 2.Rebuild: slowenische Übersetzung - Danke shamann

to update in Blackhole Image, extract ipk an data.tar with 7zip and replace files from /usr folder which files on your Box

Souce: http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=165337

Sorry I am a newbie....but where are these 2 files in usr folder?

newgolfer

Vu+ User+++
LCD4Linux Release 3.9- r2 (31-12-13):

ChangeLog :
Fix: Fehler bei alternativer Wettertransparenz ;
Art der Hintergrundbildbehandlung einstellbar ;
Einstellung Signal-Qualitäts-Korrektur für DVB-T Tuner (ungetestet).

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux_3.9-r2_mips32el.ipk
    556.1 KB · Views: 83

teto.71

Vu+ User
Hello
I've downloaded the file and unzipped on a usb stick
I put in the hard disc of my vu duo 2 but nothing I can not see the screen like yours (I only see the channel name)
of course I turned on the display
if I'm wrong riprovami is the procedure to be able to install this configuration
when I put the receiver into standby then I get the clock display on both or only one (as I would like but I can nn)
excuse my Ignorace
thanks
bye

s2tephen

Vu+ Newbie
Maybe this will help
I will attach a file containing the LCD4Linux config. file and a folder containing the picons.
Make sure you can FTP to your VU+ Duo2

1 Unzip the attachment to your computer.

2 copy complete picon folder to the root of your usb zip drive ( the one you use for your EPG data ) = \ root\picon\ . Do not put on Hard Disk.

3 FTP into your VU+ navigate to \var\etc\enigma2.

4 In enigma 2 folder you will find a file called lcd4config

5 Rename this file to lcd4config-old ( usually you can right click on file to get the options to rename edit etc )

6 Copy the file in the LCD4 folder lcd4config to \var\etc\enigma2

7 Reboot the receiver

Your LCD screen should be working and the picons in EPG and info screen should be working

If the layout of the LCD screen is not right you can go to the LCD4linux setting page or plugin and press the blue button and use the sliders etc on the LCD1 settings to move things around.

Hope this helps.

The contents of zip are not mine I just modified for my use

Attachments

• piconlcd4.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 328

s2tephen

Vu+ Newbie
FORGOT rename the folder - hd.reflection-black_2013-12-28= 22-12-36 in zip file to picon or make a folder in root of usb stick called picon and copy its contents.

sorry