How to setup your Vu+ for recording on USB

van12

Vu+ Newbie
Thansk a lot Mito, a great tutor...I think I will keep my Vu+ uno :) (had plan to sale it for a smart TV)

NB: Free ts format convert to divx ; (ts = HD format; 64MB for 1 minute)
Code:
http://www.tsconverter.us/how-to-convert-ts-to-divx-avi-mp4-wmv.html

shadows

Vu+ Newbie
i have a usb in the back off my solo box for picons epg, timeshift and a harddrive conected to the front usb so can i use this guide to to set a recording path and will i have to call it media7harddrive or media/usb thanks

Mito

Administrator
i have a usb in the back off my solo box for picons epg, timeshift and a harddrive conected to the front usb so can i use this guide to to set a recording path and will i have to call it media7harddrive or media/usb thanks
You can use /media/usb.

Mito

Administrator
what about the usb stick in the back do i leave that unmounted
Sorry, but It's not clear what you want to do.
If you want to use your usb stick for recordings, you have to follow the advises you can find in my first post.

If you want to use your external hdd connected to the front of the Solo, you have simply to mount it as /media/hdd.
In this case, remember to create the "movie" folder into your hdd: /media/hdd/movie

van12

Vu+ Newbie
You can use XBMC on your PC and player your record (the "ts" format) from vu+.

On vu+ : install DLNA server (green button -> addons) , setup and start it
On PC: xbmc -> videos -> add videos -> browser -> UPnP -> OK

Click "browse folders" and voila

Van12

ps: I left xbmc 3 years ago, I think it is very mature now (a lot of plugins, look like apps; radio, tv guides, gmail, webTV, look at the game twichTV....). It can replace all the smart-TV features you can find on the marked. Thanks a lot to XBMC team.

Mito

Administrator
Hi thanks a lot for the info. By mistake I pressed format in device manager and now I can't find the usb
Which BH version are you using?
Did you mount your usb stick by Devices Manager after the formatting?
However, try to reboot the box and then verify if your drvice is present in Devices Manager.

Rayban

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for nice how to :)

BUT is it easy to select / change where to record to, when you push the record button? Because sometime I would like to record to USB, and some times too internal hdd...

tetu

Vu+ Newbie
I have a VU+ Solo and would like to record a movie on a pen drive. How should I do please?

Your reply in detail would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

tetu

Vu+ Newbie
Can you explain how can I do the below step please? I have to do it from my computer or from the vu plus system?​
By a software FTP or by telnet
create a folder named movie on your usb stick: /media/usb/movie

Mito

Administrator
Can you explain how can I do the below step please? I have to do it from my computer or from the vu plus system?​
By a software FTP or by telnet
create a folder named movie on your usb stick: /media/usb/movie
You have to do it by your PC.

Mito

Administrator
Sorry for disturbing once again..can you please explain how should I do it from my computer??
I think the easiest for you is to remove the USB stick from the Vu+, connect it to your PC and create the "movie" folder.
Then simply reconnect the USB stick to your Vu+ and mount it by Devices Manager.