How to setup your Vu+ for recording on USB

tetu

Vu+ Newbie
I think the easiest for you is to remove the USB stick from the Vu+, connect it to your PC and create the "movie" folder.
Then simply reconnect the USB stick to your Vu+ and mount it by Devices Manager.
o

Thanks but to create the folder I have to use the normal procedure or I need to create it with an FTP software?

tetu

Vu+ Newbie
thanks a lot for your help much appreciated but now an error re. timeshift location popped ..the error mentioned something about ext 2 and ext 3. I think that my usb storage space is not enough. What do you think?

tetu

Vu+ Newbie
You can use the normal procedure.
thanks a lot for your help much appreciated but now an error re. timeshift location popped ..the error mentioned something about ext 2 and ext 3. I think that my usb storage space is not enough. What do you think?

Mito

Administrator
It seems a message regarding the formatting of your USB stick.

What's exactly the message you read?

tetu

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks a lot for your help.

I pressed the ok button by mistake so I could not tell you what the error was exactly. I will buy a new usb stick as the one I'm using have other stuff saved on it. What is the best to buy a usb stick or a hard disk? and what is the best memory space to buy?

tetu

Vu+ Newbie
It seems a message regarding the formatting of your USB stick.

What's exactly the message you read?

I pressed the ok button by mistake so I could not tell you what the error was exactly. I will buy a new usb stick as the one I'm using have other stuff saved on it. What is the best to buy a usb stick or a hard disk? and what is the best memory space to buy?

Mito

Administrator

I think that a good solution for a Solo is an HDD with external supply and with a capability at least of 500GB.

tetu

Vu+ Newbie
I would like to record a film (I use the green hole panel ....1 channel) Is it possible please?

tetu

Vu+ Newbie
I think that a good solution for a Solo is an HDD with external supply and with a capability at least of 500GB.
I would like to record a film (I use the green hole panel ....1 channel) Is it possible please?

crashlog is a file automatically saved on your mounted device during enigna crash.
Do you have hdd in your box?
Have you formatted USB?

petercilia

Vu+ Newbie
Vu+solo. I followed this path to mount USB
Blue Panel > Black Hole Settings > Devices Manager > Mountpoints ....
When I'm at the mountpoints screen and choose to mount USB /media/usb and press the red button to save the box crashes.
Yes I tried several usb sticks with no success