HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

Charleswj39

Vu+ Newbie
I'm trying to instal 2.1.3 on a new Solo2 which has a hard disk. I've tried three USB sticks, both freshly-formatted as FAT32. The sticks are recognised (light flashes on two, no light on third) by the unit but its screen never gets further than to report 'Starting'. If I pull out a stick, the screen will sometimes change to say 'Upgrade' and invite me to push the POWER button. This naturally doesn't work. To test the USB port, the Solo2 formatted one of the sticks, this appears to have worked as my Mac identifies it as having EXT3 format. Should I disconnect the hard disk and try again? Ideas please.

Robocop1967

Vu+ User
Yes mate.I would eliminate anything that might conflict with the flash process.You say that when you pull out a stick it says Upgrade which sounds like it's trying to read something on the drive.It can't hurt to disconnect it and try again with your fat32 formatted sticks

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
I'm trying to instal 2.1.3 on a new Solo2 which has a hard disk. I've tried three USB sticks, both freshly-formatted as FAT32. The sticks are recognised (light flashes on two, no light on third) by the unit but its screen never gets further than to report 'Starting'. If I pull out a stick, the screen will sometimes change to say 'Upgrade' and invite me to push the POWER button. This naturally doesn't work. To test the USB port, the Solo2 formatted one of the sticks, this appears to have worked as my Mac identifies it as having EXT3 format. Should I disconnect the hard disk and try again? Ideas please.
Clone box maybe ?

Charleswj39

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the comments. After much hair tearing, the instal worked. As suggested I disconnected the hard drive and checked that I had a genuine box from the pictures VU+ has provided. I reformatted two sticks, the third has been a bit suspect for some time. No joy. We only have Macs; while they will format drives/sticks as FAT32 and the process is pretty reliable, it is not certain. And all the sticks checked as being FAT32. Finally I reformatted a stick in my wife's Mac. This stick worked. The lesson, if any, is that the USB port on my box (and all Solo2 ?) is very sensitive to stick format.

77crew

Vu+ Newbie
VU+ Zero flash installed as per tutorial. Led was glowing during install, Waited until led was blinking, removed usb stick and unplugged usb device. Now I can get as fas as the VU+'your smart linux tv player' and no further. Have retried the i nstall but no luck, any ideas please?

paoloo964

Vu+ Newbie
How can I understand that image is flushing? I have a SOLO, light is red during flushing and becomes green when finished?
Thanks

exupblue

Vu+ Newbie
HI there, I just try to update my solo2 and it fail ,
I realized then, that i was using a new USB 3.0 pen, so I change for an USB 2.0 and all went just fine

just in case that it hapens to someone else, it seems that usb 3.0 does not work for updates

Exupblue

nowy

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all, got a problem with flashing ultimo with the newest bh.
I've tried 3 different usb and still no luck.
I've downloaded new image, formatted usd and extracted bh there, plugged usb into front fort and restarted it using power switch at the back.
Still no luck and stb starts with the old bh image.
Is there anything I've forgot to do, to make stb read usb before hdd?
Thanks.

Mick12334

You should have a folder labelled vuplus, on your USB stick, have you unzipped the Black Hole file?
The VU+ Ultimo is skightly different, to other models, you power off, using the switch, at the rear, insert your USB stick, turn the rear Power switch on then press the minus icon "-", on the front right of your receiver, next to the up/down icons.