MKV + srt (build in)subtitles

tuneboy2005

Vu+ Newbie
Hi like in VIX image when you select an MKV movie file you can select also the subtitle of that movie. Either it is a seperate .srt file or build in the mkv itself, you can select it no matter what and subtitles are shown. (no extra plugin needed or so)
Now i am trying for the first time the Blackhole image. I love it but unfortantly i don't see subtitles when i play an mkv movie. I can't select any of the subtitles present. This happens the same with the VTI image. Is VIX image the only image that works perfectly fine with those subtitles??

Thanks

tuneboy2005

Vu+ Newbie
Try to install some subtitle player.

The problem is when you wanna play an MKV movie you have to start the mediaplayer application. Once it is starterd you can't start some kind of subtitle player or am i missing something. What subtitle player app you can recommand?

How come it is so easy with VIX image? Is it to much work to support it for Blackhole?

Regards

Max

BH Lover
Finally I had time to install ViX on MeoBoot...
tuneboy2005 is right, the default MediaPlayer from ViX is great !
Complete support for embedded subtitles in mkv files, and options to customize how subs appear on screen. With Autoresolution installed, I can play all my movies with subs without any problem.
I love BH, but I hope in a better MediaPlayer.

Max

BH Lover
@paolino
Not yet... I'm spending all day installing different images on MeoBoot... never done before, but I'll try it.

Max

BH Lover
Correct. It's based on the default Media Player (Preview apart) so same problem, the same for Project Valerie.
Also Deluxe keep crashing (Green screen) everytime I stop a movie and turn back to Sat.
I'm also testing VTI, but the subs menu is not included in the Audio menu as for BH/VIX, you have to force manually... and sometimes doesn't show any muxed srt tarck at all...
Actually VTI Media Player is really the best for my experience.

Max

BH Lover
Just a little update.
In VIX all subtitles appear in the audio menu from the first second I play the movie, and I can choose language and disable if not necessary.
In BH/VTI the muxed subtitles list appear ONLY when the first title should appear on screen.
Just an example, I have a sample mkv with 3 srt tracks inside:

Italiano

00:02:00,000 --> 00:02:20,000
TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 ITA

00:02:30,000 --> 00:02:50,000
TEST2 TEST2 TEST2 ITA

----------------------------------------

English

00:02:10,000 --> 00:02:30,000
TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 ENG

00:02:40,000 --> 00:03:30,000
TEST2 TEST2 TEST2 ENG

---------------------------------------

Italiano Forced
00:04:00,000 --> 00:04:10,000
TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 ITA FORCED

00:04:20,000 --> 00:04:40,000
TEST2 TEST2 TEST2 ITA FORCED

--------------------------------------

Well, in this situation, both BH and VTI Media Player at first play doesn't shows any subtitles tracks.
Playing the movie to 2', the subs list show the option to select only the Italiano subs,
at 2'10" the subs list shows also the English track and arriving to 4'00" finally I can see all my embedded subs tracks available.

So... no subs if it's not the right moment.
You can imagine how much it's complicated when you have a movie with a forced track that start at 36'58"... :)
Also... I've not found a way both in BH/VTI to disable subtitles when enabled.

Max

tuneboy2005

Vu+ Newbie
I managed to get it work but in this way. You have to find de .srt file of the movie you have or extract the srt file from the mkv file. Rename the srt file to the same name as the movie. example movie.mkv and movie.srt and make sure they are in the same folder. Also make sure that the srt file is in UTF8 format and NOT in ANSI format. Play the movie and press 2 time yellow. This brings up the subtitles. You should see that srt file that you have in the list. Try this it works for me. Tried up till now 4 different mkv movies and all work with this way.

Max

BH Lover
Google for MKVExtractGUI-2 on SourceForge. It's much more easy.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

Katikakus

Vu+ User
@stig-o Open MKVMerge GUI, click Add, select your mkv file, confirm. In the Window Tracks, chapters and tags you will see video track, audio tracks and subtitles. Deselect everything except the subtitles and click Start muxing. Nothing complicated.

Miguelin

Vu+ Newbie
What do u think is the best Media Player to use with BH?.

I would like to be able to play external .srt subtitles with it, is it possible'

Regards friends,